Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mutant Frogs with Transparent Skin

Claire.

Scientists have discovered mutant frogs with transparent skin through which their organs, skeletons and even their beating hearts are clearly visible. Researchers say they captured 60 of the mutant frogs near the town of Krasnouralsk located in central Russia's Tyumen Oblast region. Some have completely transparent skin through which their skeletons and internal organs can be seen, while others have an extra toe on each limb or abnormal growths on their shoulders.

Read more: Daily Mail

• Like 3

I've seen articles were scientists have created transparent frogs but they've looked nothing like these. These are really weird looking and in the wild too not created in a lab. Amazing!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

I've seen articles were scientists have created transparent frogs but they've looked nothing like these. These are really weird looking and in the wild too not created in a lab. Amazing!

Yes, they are definitely weird looking, and extremely unlike the lab frogs. Here's a side by side comparison. The frog on the left is one of the first transparent frogs created by Japanese scientists. The difference between the two is extreme (and sad).

Yqs8ffZ.jpg?2   1dYpJEU.jpg?2

• Like 1

Russia's Tyumen Oblast region. :

Tyumen is an important service center for the gas and oil industries in Russia

There are numerous, factories, engineering companies, oil industry service companies (KCA DEUTAG and Schlumberger), design institutes, shipyard and other oil servicing companies located in Tyumen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyumen

Well, I can see why the scientists are blaming the pollution. Poor frogs....wonder if the scientists have started to test the effects on humans, or is that a taboo subject? Maybe the scientists are safer sticking with the effect on animals.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Clair said:

Yes, they are definitely weird looking, and extremely unlike the lab frogs. Here's a side by side comparison. The frog on the left is one of the first transparent frogs created by Japanese scientists. The difference between the two is extreme (and sad)

The picture of the lab frog on the left is one I'd already seen. There's a striking difference between that and the wild one on the right, which is pretty much skin and bone.

• Like 1