Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant hammerhead shark cruises Bahamas beach

Still Waters

A hammerhead shark made its presence known off Montagu Beach in Nassau, the Bahamas.

In the video below, onlookers gasp at its size, estimated to be between 13 and 19.5 feet (4 to 6 meters) long, reports 9news.com.au.

The shark nearly touches land, cruising right up to the water's edge. It appears not to have been bothered by anyone on shore.

http://www.seeker.com/giant-shark-cruises-bahamian-shoreline-1886707560.html

• Like 4

Thats a big ole Nopefish 

• Like 2

Yeah Hammerheads are known to poke around shorelines every now and then. They probably get a kick scaring everyone. I checked them out and only three species of Hammerheads are dangerous to humans (I don't know if the one in the article is one of them). But they don't have the kill record Great Whites do.

• Like 1

I'm surprised no one tried to pet it ........ speaking of where did lefty go ?

• Like 1

thshrk.gif I love sharks! :wub:

16 minutes ago, Forever Cursed said:

I'm surprised no one tried to pet it ........ speaking of where did lefty go ?

Or pull it out of the water to take a selfie.

• Like 2

Then of course you know some one will think its a Lion and stick their head in its mouth ........ " .... and now watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat."

• Like 1

Oh holy crap! You have got to be kidding me. 

I'm just not getting anywhere near the water ever again. It's not even safe to stick a toe in there. 

I'm looking sideways at my bathtub after that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Clair said:

Yeah Hammerheads are known to poke around shorelines every now and then. They probably get a kick scaring everyone. I checked them out and only three species of Hammerheads are dangerous to humans (I don't know if the one in the article is one of them). But they don't have the kill record Great Whites do.

I recently heard the very experienced diver and shark expert Valerie Taylor declare the Oceanic White-Tip Shark the most dangerous of all sharks. Closely followed by Great Whites and Black Whalers. Hammerheads are much less threatening, but you'd be a fool to loiter in the water when a large one is about.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Habitat said:

I recently heard the very experienced diver and shark expert Valerie Taylor declare the Oceanic White-Tip Shark the most dangerous of all sharks. Closely followed by Great Whites and Black Whalers. Hammerheads are much less threatening, but you'd be a fool to loiter in the water when a large one is about.

White Tips are vicious bloody things.They used to follow the ships crossing the Atlantic so we used to throw meat and all sorts over for them from the galley.God i wouldnt have liked being in the water with the damn things.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Michelle said:

Or pull it out of the water to take a selfie.

If it had been a smaller shark I could well imagine that happening, I think its size saved it.

Edited by Still Waters
  • Like 1