Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What I have Learned from Doing EVP Research

stevemagegod

I have read various theories on the Internet and from various Ghost shows but I until I started doing my own independent research using myself as the controlled experiment and my room in my house as the controlled settings where i know all the Sounds that should and shouldn't be there I have discovered a few interesting things. First of all I dont have Paraudio or whatever the official name is called. I know what a Car, Plane, TV, Radio,Shower,Doors Opening and Closing, and Air Vent,People Talking,Generators,Birds Singing,Thunder,Rain, and myself turning over in my bed. It took a while but I can now distinguish me talking my own sleep with my head face down in the pillow. When i first doing this project I may have confused it with a EVP all sound like. For me a Good Night of Sleep is around 30-31 Recordings on my App. A Bad night with a lot of tossing and turning is around 60-78 recordings using the app "Dream Talk" from the apple app store. Now I do have a Air Vent in my room that goes on at random parts of the day. I have discovered that my recording device is not strong enough to pick up the air vent in the background. Therefore it does not containment any evidence i may get. It will pick up the occasional cars that drive by but not the air vent.The only time it picks up the air vent is when it shuts off. After doing this experiment I have discovered:

• That I have at least 4 Spirits in my House. Most are all Family Members from my Mother's Side. (Supposedly)
  • Spirits CAN COMMUNICATE THERE MESSAGES THROUGH DREAMS. 
  • I have received names of my family members that have passed away. Beverly(My Late Grandmother died in 2011), Eleanor(we called her Grandma Ellie so its strange I received her full legal name), and Sam(we called him Chief because he was Native American). I have also received names of former Pets that have died Bingo, Nick, and Christa. 
  • They also know the name of my current dog: Jenny. When I place my recorder downstairs they seem to like to messing around with her. 
  • During the duration of this experiment my former boss died and even though I wasn't employed with him at the time I have received messages from directly through Dreams and he said his full name: Ira Karp. I sent his family a card after I heard he died and in the EVP he thanked me for doing that. 
  • I have even received Spirit Communication talking about the current Presidential Election going on with receiving Trump, Hillary, and Bernie's name. But only 2 clips. 
  • Spirits also seem to get p***ed at me when I dont respond to them when I am sleeping. I have caught them telling me to F off multiple times, telling me to go to hell etc., 
  • Doing remodeling in your house can p*** off Spirits but after the remodeling is done they seem to like the change. We recently had our small Bathroom redone and got our roof done and let's just say I got a few profanities directed at me. But then when the construction guys stopped they tell me they like the changes. 
  • You will never receive the same clip twice.
  • They also seem to influence Sleep Talking. Every time I have talked my Sleep or anyone else in my Family I get an extra voice in there. I dont know if when we Sleep Talk it's them speaking through us in our dreams with our Dream Self. But they seem to mimicking what we're talking about while in Sleep Mode. 

Overall I have recorded well over 300 EVPs in my room alone. All with various degrees of voices. In conclusion when we dream its because Spirits want to tell us something,give a warning, or just say Hi. I have been placing all of my enhanced recordings on Soundcloud for everyone to critique.

Edited by stevemagegod

You know what ? - I feel that mental suggestion 'of ones own mind' plays an enormous roll in the interpretation of these so called EVP sounds. If you want to believe in something enough - you will convince yourself that you will hear what you want to hear.

Also - as far as dreams are concerned - especially when we dream of our dearly departed loved ones - it probably has more to do with missing them - because they are gone. Hence why we sometimes dream about them on a subconscious level whilst we sleep. 

• Like 5

I've recorded EVP's before. A very strange phenomenon. I was marveled to find out they happen in other languages as well. A lot of people have experienced EVP's and where the answer comes from on the recording is still as unexplained as when Edison did the first one's long time ago.

• Like 3

On 6/28/2016 at 2:00 AM, Astra. said:

You know what ? - I feel that mental suggestion 'of ones own mind' plays an enormous roll in the interpretation of these so called EVP sounds. If you want to believe in something enough - you will convince yourself that you will hear what you want to hear.

Also - as far as dreams are concerned - especially when we dream of our dearly departed loved ones - it probably has more to do with missing them - because they are gone. Hence why we sometimes dream about them on a subconscious level whilst we sleep. 

I would like to use this one if I may.  And you know what?  It is right on.  If I could add to the last sentence, 'whether it made the sound or not.'  That's because most of the things get your attention by the sound they make.

About dreaming and the loved ones.  Everybody has a vivid memory of the people they see the most.  And you are the only personality in your dreams.  I think that when you dream, you dream of situations that you 'would have wanted' to come about.  And your personality mixed with all of your memory will all be moving to what you want to see. 

• Like 1

Interesting.

I listened to some of your recordings. I can only hear random sounds 

On 7/1/2016 at 10:38 PM, trevorjobo said:

I've recorded EVP's before. A very strange phenomenon. I was marveled to find out they happen in other languages as well. A lot of people have experienced EVP's and where the answer comes from on the recording is still as unexplained as when Edison did the first one's long time ago.

The sensitivity of the actual 'hearing' apparatus determines the probability of correct interpretation of the event.  That being said, I have to branch off into 'quantum mechanics.'  There are three types of 'other' worlds in your midst.  There is the world of the electron.  It has its quarks.  Its up and down and sideways and in-between, etc. . . .

There is the world of the photon.  This particle is found 'at the speed of light.'  Was that what Einstein was working on?

But, a phonon is what Edison recorded.

Light is particles and waves.  Sound is particles and waves.  A particle of sound is a phonon and that goes at the 'speed of sound.'

Putting the two previous posts together, The atmosphere will change in 'color' before the actual change in the order that it appears.  What I think I have achieved is lucid daydreaming using the senses because the mental operation of your senses is radioactive in that it excites the atmosphere around your self to do what the sense does.  That may be your aura. 

The aura may be your unconscious sensing mechanism, your 'body unseen.'  In your dreams, you do not see your body because it is like everything moves with you.  Even at your request.

Edited by greggK
more comment
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, greggK said:

Light is particles and waves.  Sound is particles and waves.  A particle of sound is a phonon and that goes at the 'speed of sound.'

Try reading my last two posts and see if they make any sense to your EVP explanations:  

On 03/07/2016 at 11:18 PM, greggK said:

I would like to use this one if I may.  And you know what?  It is right on.  If I could add to the last sentence, 'whether it made the sound or not.'  That's because most of the things get your attention by the sound they make.

Agree - some sounds do get one's attention. However when it comes to nonsense such as EVP...these folk want to decipher sounds such as speech ie; (the dead are trying to communicate to me through radio signals)... that's only because they want to believe and convince themselves it's true. 

On 03/07/2016 at 11:18 PM, greggK said:

About dreaming and the loved ones.  Everybody has a vivid memory of the people they see the most.  And you are the only personality in your dreams.  I think that when you dream, you dream of situations that you 'would have wanted' to come about.  And your personality mixed with all of your memory will all be moving to what you want to see. 

Yes - basically - we are our own directors...and producers in our own 'movie' whilst we dream. The sub-conscious mind is certainly a fascinating one to say the least.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2016 at 10:22 PM, Astra. said:

Agree - some sounds do get one's attention. However when it comes to nonsense such as EVP...these folk want to decipher sounds such as speech ie; (the dead are trying to communicate to me through radio signals)... that's only because they want to believe and convince themselves it's true. 

Yes - basically - we are our own directors...and producers in our own 'movie' whilst we dream. The sub-conscious mind is certainly a fascinating one to say the least.

Yes - the sound ghosts!  Poe's Ghost of Forevermore screaming into the air like a voice in the wilderness that only the trees can hear.  :)

On 7/1/2016 at 11:38 PM, trevorjobo said:

Just imagine what Edison could have done with all of the audio programs we have now. For example if I think I have captured a EVP ill tag it as interesting, email it to myself, download it, then run it through wave pad. Then I can enhance the Sound to Peak Loudness, or even slow the audio down. When you enhance it to peak loudness you can often discover if it was Something or nothing at all. Sometimes I have found it to be a Passing Car, Airplane, or even my Air Vent. And thus I have debunked my own Clip. But other times I get clips like this: 

A very simple EVP that is just 1 word. But distinct enough that I can tell isn't me as I am rolling around in my Bed then the Spirit starts to talk to me and I respond with a Sleep Moan.

On 6/28/2016 at 3:00 AM, Astra. said:

I agree I don't believe in trusting our own mind to jump to conclusions on the spirit world that the ghost hunters are using. 

I've been a channeller all my life. I got an EMF detector not long ago because I had my own theories of what my consciousness mind was interpreting through another sense or heightened sense as an experiment. I discovered I was sensitive to magnetic fields which I previously interpreted as energy fields. When I tune in to something that I become aware as a field with a voice or form. I discovered in the communication process EMF went from a strong field near me and the EMF was reading a field coming from me at the same time!  

People have more senses than they are aware of consciously.  It's like we're all i phones with different channels available and there is a natural internet we can connect to. We don't really know what we are connecting with but it is a real phenomena in some cases. 

• Like 1