Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Cloud or Mass over bed

hollyberry

Hello.:) 

Last week my mom and I were out of town. I had a kidney transplant in February and had to go back for my 4 month check up for a biopsy to make sure the donated kidney was working alright. My mom and I stay at the local transplant house whenever I am not in the hospital and we have to stay over. Sorry this is so long. Anyway,

When we were ready for bed of course we turned off the lights. We got comfortable in our beds and I was about to fall asleep when at the same time we both saw a black mass/cloud hovering over my mom's bed. We tried to figure it out. We thought maybe we were hallucinating we were just so worn out from the day. But it freaked my mom out so much that she made me turn on the light. I was exhausted from the day. I told her I would put on the bathroom light. So we did that. Then it was gone.

Has anybody had anything like that happen to them? If so, what is it? If not, what is a best guess?

Thanks in advance if anyone replies. Take care.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• preacherman76

• hollyberry

• Paige.

• CowsGoMooo

Top Posters In This Topic

Hollyberry, my best guess is that it has something to do with the way light works. I'm no expert in this area, but it is my understanding that if light does not enter our eyes from a particular direction, we will perceive that area as darker than the rest of the room. Even after the lights are turned off there may still be a light source, be it from the hall way or even from outside (moon or street lamp). And given that rooms are typically filled with reflecting objects, such as furniture, mirrors, lamps, and walls, that light source is something our eyes pick up. As we look around, however, if that light sources misses our eyes, then the area we are looking at will appear darker than the rest of the room. Anyway, that's one possibility.

I've seen the black cloud in full day light, during a sleep paralysis episode. Both of you seeing it, if real, is pretty amazing. 

My first wife and I saw something like that years ago. We were in bed and wide awake talking when a dark "blob" came in the window and started to black out the room. It was dark enough that it hid the street light that normally shined through our window. It seemed to be filling more and more of the room. It moved as if it was being controlled or had a mind of its own. It had no smell or taste, and didn't get close enough for me to touch it. The hair on my neck stood straight up and I have never been that scared in my life. We prayed and it quickly dissipated after that.

I can think of no scientific explanation, smoke, dust, etc, that would explain this event.