Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bernie Sanders Pledges Support to Hillary

Dark_Grey

1466159092022_1.png

1466159092023_3.png

Pffffffffffft

After she went behind his back with the super delegates and generally treated him like crap in several states, he came running back with puckered lips. "Anti-establishment" and "anti-corruption", right? Wasn't this supposed to be a movement or something? Did this old fart even believe in his own policies?

#FEELTHEBERN

• Like 5

Twitter Responses

If you're bored and looking for a good laugh, here's the twitter feed on the above posts.

Expect a lot of this

Capture1.jpg

and this

Capture2.jpg

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, aztek said:

13524570_10209943424284530_2133041234954

It's interesting because his supporters are largely still riding the anti-establishment wave he created. Why he expected them to just roll over and vote for the Democrat that cheated them out of a win is beyond me. Bernie Sanders effectively milked money from the poorest demographics (how many liberal, Sanders voters are gainfully employed?) and POOF! Gone.

I hope this turns any moderate Sanders voters against the Hilldog. It seems to be trending that way.

So when  he said she's  not qualified  because  through her super PAC she gets tens of millions of dollars in  SPECIAL INTEREST funds, she's gotten   $15 million from Wall Street through her super PAC. She voted  for the disastrous  war in Iraq and supported  every disastrous  trade deal, she supported the Panama free trade agreement  which made it so wealthy people avoid  paying taxes  to their countries...only to now pledge his allegiance to her? To think  his own party did him wrong , and now he's taking his supporters for fools as if they would seriously  follow him over to vote for Hillery.Something's not right with him.

• Like 1

And she'll pick him for VP, which he'll gladly accept. Why? Because Bernie is a politician doing what they do best. 

Why some people never saw this coming is beyond me. 

• Like 3

Please,  view this video. The title of it is not really the focus.  She scares me after viewing this, especially how she is with.... you'll see...

What's surprising? He's a social democrat. Did you think he had run as independant and harm his party for the benefit of Trump?

Yeah he created a movement and made his points across. Now he needed to fall in line and get on with life.

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 3

It's just like all these egged-faced Republicans now supporting Donald Trump, Ella.   Party loyalty makes partisan shills and partisan sheeple.

Hillary voted for Barry Goldwater?     I bet next they'll tell us that MLK Jr was a Republican

• Like 1

Is anyone actually surprised?  His behavior is typical.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yamato said:

It's just like all these egged-faced Republicans now supporting Donald Trump, Ella.   Party loyalty makes partisan shills and partisan sheeple.

Hillary voted for Barry Goldwater?     I bet next they'll tell us that MLK Jr was a Republican

Remember Yam, Hillary started her political career as a Republican.

23 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Remember Yam, Hillary started her political career as a Republican.

Is that true? It would make sense given her hard stance on human rights in the earlier years

4 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Is that true? It would make sense given her hard stance on human rights in the earlier years

Yup.

At least stick to what's real...

Although Hillary Clinton may have been a Goldwater supporter in 1964, saying she "actively campaigned" for him implies a more substantive role than the one she actually played. She was a mere 16-year-old who wasn't a member of the Goldwater campaign staff in any way, nor did she even meet the candidate — she related in Living History that she had to persuade her father to drive her and a friend to hear Goldwater speak when the GOP nominee made a campaign swing by train through the Chicago suburbs. And although Hillary Clinton might have wanted to vote for Barry Goldwater in 1964, the fact is that she didn't: she turned 17 just a few weeks before the election and thus wasn't eligible to vote for anyone, as the minimum voting age at the time was 21.

Likewise, although Barry Goldwater famously voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 in the Senate (one of six Republicans to do so), he was no opponent of civil rights who sought to "re-segregate the nation." Goldwater had supported earlier attempts to pass civil rights legislation in 1957 and 1960, as well as the 24th Amendment (which outlawed poll taxes that disenfranchised Southern black voters), and his stated opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (which he otherwise favored) was based on his belief that two portions of the bill regulating the behavior of private enterprise were unconstitutional, would be unenforceable without a federal police force, and would lead to the creation of racial quotas and affirmative action

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

No it wouldn't.   Not for that reason.  The thing that D's cling to in modern politics is their presumptive partisan monopoly on human rights.  In 1964, 96 House Democrats and 34 House Republicans voted against the Civil Rights Act

Democrats were never the illustrious champions of human rights they crap talk themselves up to be, still aren't, and probably never will be.   They'll be killed-by-3rd-party before that day comes.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Yamato said:

No it wouldn't.   Not for that reason.  The thing that D's cling to in modern politics is their presumptive partisan monopoly on human rights.  In 1964, 96 House Democrats and 34 House Republicans voted against the Civil Rights Act

Democrats were never the illustrious champions of human rights they crap talk themselves up to be, still aren't, and probably never will be.   They'll be killed-by-3rd-party before that day comes.

The split was more about whether members of either party were from the south. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi6-JnXn83NAhVnzIMKHeVDDOQQFggcMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fcommentisfree%2F2013%2Faug%2F28%2Frepublicans-party-of-civil-rights&usg=AFQjCNFcI0Uzn96cgvaVuTPG0wYZPT0QPg&sig2=HWz-QnChpipWAslAU1ERXA

20 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

1466159092022_1.png

1466159092023_3.png

Pffffffffffft

After she went behind his back with the super delegates and generally treated him like crap in several states, he came running back with puckered lips. "Anti-establishment" and "anti-corruption", right? Wasn't this supposed to be a movement or something? Did this old fart even believe in his own policies?

#FEELTHEBERN

Of course he would, sine his other "option" is Trump.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hellwyr said:

Of course he would, sine his other "option" is Trump.

In that article, he reluctantly says that he will vote for her...or more accurately...against Trump. But he also states that this is not an endorsement for Hillary, and he refuses to endorse her at this time. That is entirely the opposite of what the OP took from the article (although it is clearly stated in it). 

These memes keep circulating about everyone, and all it takes is about 10 seconds of googling to figure out that they're bogus. It's just 10 seconds that most people won't spend. 

Here's a little more from the article that is not in the meme. 

“What I am going to do, Andrea, is everything that I can to see that Donald Trump does not become president of the United States," Sanders told MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell in a one-on-one interview. "That would be a disaster for our country, and, in fact, the world. Right now, we are working with Secretary Clinton, trying to hammer out some very important language on some of the most important issues facing this country," including proposals that would address wealth inequality, access to health care, climate change and a Wall Street crackdown.

"Those are issues that have to be dealt with, in my mind, by the Democratic platform and by Secretary Clinton," he said. "And we look forward to working with the Clinton campaign to bring that forward."

Though he's pledged to vote for Clinton – or, more precisely, against Trump – Sanders said that's not the same thing as an endorsement and she's not getting one from him at the moment.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Yamato said:

You were my friend here and you and I spoke that we would remain friends and not fight over politics.  I'm not the enemy. You hurt my feelings because the way you are behaving towards me is not the friend that i once knew here.

lol my invisible friend online.

2 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

You were my friend here and you and I spoke that we would remain friends and not fight over politics.  I'm not the enemy. You hurt my feelings because the way you are behaving towards me is not the friend that i once knew here.

lol my invisible friend online.

Omg...you're not my friend anymore, because you don't like my easily debunked meme. 

Oh the horror.