Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Three knocks in the night

UM-Bot

Story submission by: Ann      Location: Utah

The following incident occurred in 1993. I was temporarily living with my brother and his wife. The property was located seven miles outside Cedar City, Utah on about five acres in a somewhat isolated area where residents had horses and other farm animals. The house had a long wooden porch running across the front with steps leading to the main entrance and steps on both sides.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/111681/three-knocks-in-the-night

• Like 1

Ask Whitley Streiber...>Seriously.....There, below.

http://www.alienhub.com/threads/the-knocks-whitley-strieber-breakthrough.46554/

I read Communion, Transformation, and whatever the third one was. Had a 3 knock description in it. That was back when I was still " thinking " it could be real.

You might find it interesting. I would say, someone knocked on the door. Had this happen myself in a very rural place, and the house was still being built....Anyway, not going to take over with my story.

• Like 1

Ive never had the 3 knocks in the night. But I had the tapping on my window before.

I was pre-pairing a B-day for my g-friends little sister she was turning sweet sixteen. I remember every one that lived in the house was busy so I took care of the little details like pre-pairing the ribbons and balloons & it happened twice I was ( two ) hearing people talking right outside the door at a normal level for a long time 5 minutes. So I went to let them in opened the door no one there. Again it happened so I waited till the next day to tell them what a curious thing had happened. The day before. That`s about it .

• 2 weeks later...

I had a ghostly incident too when I was about 17 or 18 years old. I and my friends were talking about the chinese belief (we r chinese) that after u come back from a haunted place u must wash your feet outside your home, or else spirits will follow u into your house.

That night we really did go to a haunted place. Including me there were four of us. After a few hours of walking around, we went back to my place. Being typical can't be bothered teens, we just went straight to my room. It was there that we talked about us not washing our feet, and if any ghosts followed us and all that...

Then suddenly my ceiling fan turned on by itself. We were all seated on my bed and floor. We all knew no one switched it on cos we were seated for about ten minutes with the fan off. All of us looked at each simultaneously in shock. This never happened before. We were in a sort of shock for about another half hour, after that everything went back to normal. We started chatting about other stuffs. Even years later til the day we moved out nothing else happened. Funny it only happened that night.

It was nothing major, was just a simple ghostly story like yours. True or not we'll never know..

Edited by TheGreatBeliever

• 2 years later...

Over the past 9 month I have started to hear these 3 bangs,it started when we went to bed,we had just turned the light out and there was these 3 bangs on our bedroom door,my partner shot up and looked in the passage,nothing was there,we checked my son to see if he had pranked up but he was sound asleep.Few nights later my son was sleeping out so only me and partner at home,when we went to bed a split 2nd after we had shut the door same loud 3 bangs,looked,nothing there,shut door 3 louder bangs,then 3 bangs on wall inside of room,to say I was freaked out was an understatment,slept with lamp on that night.Few nights later I was up doing my sons bloods (hes a type1 diabetic) getting back into bed and 3 bangs again,this time my heard it.Few weeks ago I was home alone sat down with a coffee out the corner of my eye I saw my canvas on my wall tilt forward and it looked like it was thrown on way couch below it,so I put it was secured it to the wall,nxt day I was making tea and my son was sitting on that couch and it fell on top of him,not heavy but he.got.a shock.2 nights ago after my son had gone to bed me and my partner sitting watching a film,I have a cupboard in my sitting room,it was about 10pm so not really late,I had a drink in my hand sitting nxt to partner when he heard 3 almighty bangs from the cupboard both of us just out of our skin (most of my drink went over my partner) he had never heard the knocks downstairs before,now we are just waiting to see what happens nxt,sorry for long txt never actually put this in writing before.

8 hours ago, Nikkipe said:

Over the past 9 month I have started to hear these 3 bangs,it started when we went to bed,we had just turned the light out and there was these 3 bangs on our bedroom door,my partner shot up and looked in the passage,nothing was there,we checked my son to see if he had pranked up but he was sound asleep.Few nights later my son was sleeping out so only me and partner at home,when we went to bed a split 2nd after we had shut the door same loud 3 bangs,looked,nothing there,shut door 3 louder bangs,then 3 bangs on wall inside of room,to say I was freaked out was an understatment,slept with lamp on that night.Few nights later I was up doing my sons bloods (hes a type1 diabetic) getting back into bed and 3 bangs again,this time my heard it.Few weeks ago I was home alone sat down with a coffee out the corner of my eye I saw my canvas on my wall tilt forward and it looked like it was thrown on way couch below it,so I put it was secured it to the wall,nxt day I was making tea and my son was sitting on that couch and it fell on top of him,not heavy but he.got.a shock.2 nights ago after my son had gone to bed me and my partner sitting watching a film,I have a cupboard in my sitting room,it was about 10pm so not really late,I had a drink in my hand sitting nxt to partner when he heard 3 almighty bangs from the cupboard both of us just out of our skin (most of my drink went over my partner) he had never heard the knocks downstairs before,now we are just waiting to see what happens nxt,sorry for long txt never actually put this in writing before.

These things are very interesting. These things are pretty common in the world of the paranormal but it's good that people share stories as these things may be 'rare' but 'not all that rare' either. It sounds like you are just sharing stories to get things off your chest and not asking for advice as I wouldn't know what to tell you at this point. Best wishes with this thing.