Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Donald asks Brit. MP for money

questionmark

Trump has the maturity of a six-year old, if even that.

8 hours ago, Child of Bast said:

Whether she's a model politician or not doesn't matter. Why on EARTH does someone from the US need to solicit money from outside the US? To prove that he's liked elsewhere? How many other presidential candidates have done that?

Nothing new...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/18/foreign-money-campaign-finance-lobbying_n_897189.html

7 hours ago, aztek said:

isn't there a rule, or a law that allows to self fund primary, but for general you must have sponsors??

I'm not an American, and I knew that isn't/never was the case.

For Eric Trump, clone of Donald Trump, this is like a bad episode of The Apprentice but for Realz!    Dad's definitely yelling that Eric isn't raising enough of other-peoples-money for the campaign so Eric's branching out to new donors to ask if they'll part with some of their hard earned money.   That's the point of everything to the Trumps.   "Money money money money, money."

What's worse than Donald Trump himself emailing you asking you for money?   One of his jobdamned kids doing it!   I would love the opportunity to do what McGarry did if one of his kids was pathetic enough to ever ask me for some money!

15 hours ago, Child of Bast said:

Whether she's a model politician or not doesn't matter. Why on EARTH does someone from the US need to solicit money from outside the US? To prove that he's liked elsewhere? How many other presidential candidates have done that?

Donald Trump has oft-repeated statements that other people should be "nice" to him because he gave them money.   On a personal level, to have such an expectation of other people in the first place is a big reveal of his true expectations - Cronyism in his money-politics.

1 hour ago, Yamato said:

mp-email.jpg

LOL that was very well said.

Wonder what she thinks of his golf course?

CleGYLKWAAEhF96.jpg

That is what his neighbor put on the border of the property (For those who have problems with geography: That is a Mexican flag). Except his employees nobody seems to like him or his golf course.

and the fallout is quick approaching:

Trump campaign might have broken election law in asking for foreign money

NEW YORK, June 30 (UPI) -- The Donald Trump campaign has been slapped with an Federal Election Commission complaint by nonprofit, nonpartisan group The Campaign Legal Center, for allegedly seeking money from foreign politicians to fund his presidential campaign.

Trump's campaign allegedly sent Icelandic, Scottish, Australian and British politicians fundraising emails asking for donations after the "Brexit" vote took place and as Trump promoted his golf course in Scotland, the complaint contends.

The actions are violations of federal election laws.

Read more on UPI

Have amateurs run the circus and you could end up in jail.

The funny thing is that Glasgow East MP Natalie McGarry doesn't seem concerned in the slightest about a proven criminal and psychopath becoming the most powerful person in the world. I presume she's a SNP or labour, so naturally she'd be all in favour of Clinton.

1 hour ago, Yamato said:

mp-email.jpg

LOL that was very well said.

Wonder what she thinks of his golf course?

Does that show her phone number? Is she wise releasing that publicly? 

6 hours ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

Does that show her phone number? Is she wise releasing that publicly? 

Your MPs don't have a public phone number or website, so that the populace can call and talk (complain) to them? 

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Your MPs don't have a public phone number or website, so that the populace can call and talk (complain) to them? 

Maybe it is her office number, but nevertheless publicising it all over the Internet is asking for a few time-wasting calls, surely ...

I don't think it's true. i think something is not right because for one, he's been supporting himself, he's not primarily in charge of sending out emails. I think someone is messing with his campaign because i don't believe he would break the rules like that and if he did,I wouldn't approve of it but i don't think he did. He hasn't lied about anything so far so why would he start now? makes no sense.

9 hours ago, Yamato said:

Donald Trump has oft-repeated statements that other people should be "nice" to him because he gave them money.   On a personal level, to have such an expectation of other people in the first place is a big reveal of his true expectations - Cronyism in his money-politics.

like where exactly did he exactly say that? I never heard him say that people should be nice to him because he gave them money..

27 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

I don't think it's true. i think something is not right because for one, he's been supporting himself, he's not primarily in charge of sending out emails. I think someone is messing with his campaign because i don't believe he would break the rules like that and if he did,I wouldn't approve of it but i don't think he did. He hasn't lied about anything so far so why would he start now? makes no sense.

I didn't think it was true either.  I figured Eric Trump just goofed and accidentally spammed a Bristish MP by accident.  But as more info came out, it seems like they did it on purpose.  All the while being ignorant of the law.  Trump isn't self-funding, btw.  My face book is littered with his ads begging for money.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

Maybe it is her office number, but nevertheless publicising it all over the Internet is asking for a few time-wasting calls, surely ...

Granted Trump supporters, surely.   And surely it was on purpose.    And surely he's not self-funding.   

All I'm left wondering is did Eric email other MPs or is there something in particular about McGarry that they'd email her particularly?    I'm not going to bother looking up how wealthy she is but that might explain it.   Or other MPs don't care to publicize their spam mail if they got solicited too.  

4 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

like where exactly did he exactly say that? I never heard him say that people should be nice to him because he gave them money..

Numerous times.  He spoke about it on stage during at least one of the GOP debates.  In that particular case, the inference was that because he gave the other people on stage money they should treat him more nicely.   He's made the connection between money and "nice" including the excuse for giving money to Democrats like Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi.

Tapper:  "You gave money to Reid and Pelosi to help recapture Congress in 2006."

Trump:  "Jake I'm..I'm a business.   We need that in Washington.  Ya know I was in business I built a great company.  They always treated me nicely. "

So in his mind, the cronyism goes both ways.   If you give someone money they should be nice to you, or if they're nice to you, you give them money.   Other than that, I'll need someone to explain to me why else he was giving Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid money.   Are they from NYC?   Are they the local Democrats he was forced to get along with for all those years?     Nancy Pelosi is from California.   So what the hell is he giving her money for?   Obviously for her reelection campaign but why?   What did Donald Trump think these Democrats were going to do for him?    He doesn't give a reasonable answer for why he wanted Democrats like Harry Reid to win.  Apparently they're good for his business and they're nice.   How do you think that these nice Democrats are good for his business?  

Apparently he sent emails to the leadership in Scotland, Iceland, and the UK.  There are a couple of humorous articles about various leaders wanting off his "spam" list.

http://bipartisanreport.com/2016/06/29/breaking-donald-trump-campaign-floored-by-launch-of-immediate-fec-investigation-details/

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36599724

http://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/politics_and_society/2016/06/22/trump_looks_to_iceland_for_money_to_support_white_h/

Oh, and Australia too.

Edited by Gromdor
added more links
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2016 at 4:10 PM, questionmark said:

How do you expect him to know that? he is new at this... and those who are running his campaign (basically his kids) don't have much experience either. :P

Is it asking too much for the potential leader of the US to know basic laws of our country and the principals it was founded upon?

Good god he's not even really a successful or ethical business man. The only laws he seems to know are the IRS loopholes as loans and debt and funnelling business money to personal funds before businesses go bankrupt! Add sensensational and lies to selling his name on products too. Show us the tax returns they don't lie, and if they do audits correct them with penalties and a real return.

Just now, White Unicorn said:

Is it asking too much for the potential leader of the US to know basic laws of our country and the principals it was founded upon?

Good god he's not even really a successful or ethical business man. The only laws he seems to know are the IRS loopholes as loans and debt and funnelling business money to personal funds before businesses go bankrupt! Add sensensational and lies to selling his name on products too. Show us the tax returns they don't lie, and if they do audits correct them with penalties and a real return.

Mr Trump could not cite the 4th amendment if you waved 1 million dollars in front of his nose. He knows just about as much about international laws, as his yaddah about going after ISIS clearly demonstrates (half of what he seez amounts to a war crime), how do you expect him to know something about election laws?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, questionmark said:

Mr Trump could not cite the 4th amendment if you waved 1 million dollars in front of his nose. He knows just about as much about international laws, as his yaddah about going after ISIS clearly demonstrates (half of what he seez amounts to a war crime), how do you expect him to know something about election laws?

I do, unreasonable search and seizure and I was a business person but I still put American Constitution first! 

Maybe one of us UM members should run for president LOL 

Just now, White Unicorn said:

I do, unreasonable search and seizure and I was a business person but I still put American Constitution first! 

Maybe one of us UM members should run for president LOL 

There are too few corrupted enough around here... and I am not sure I would vote for them either.

• Like 1