Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Donald asks Brit. MP for money

questionmark

Billionaire Donald Trump appears to have asked a British MP for money for his American Presidential campaign – and got a stinging rebuke in return.

Glasgow East MP Natalie McGarry was amazed to receive an email apparently from Trump’s son mentioning an earlier message from his dad, accusing “Crooked Hillary” of “fraud and lies” and asking: “Please donate right now to help my father Make America Great Again.”

So she emailed back to say she would not be donating to Make America Great Again but would instead be sending her “warm hope” that Mr Trump’s “repugnant campaign” failed.  Then she published both emails on Twitter for the enjoyment of her 16,000 followers.

Read more on The Independent

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Child of Bast said:

I love you MP Natalie McGarry!! 

And I love Google.

November 2015

Natalie McGarry MP has decided to withdraw from the party whip - meaning she is automatically suspended from the SNP. The move comes after a row over missing cash from the Women For Independence group she co-founded

Along with other controversies, it doesn't sound like McGarry was the best MP to ask anyways.

So Trump's son is cold-calling foreign MP's for donations? I feel like there should be more to that story

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 4

Whether she's a model politician or not doesn't matter. Why on EARTH does someone from the US need to solicit money from outside the US? To prove that he's liked elsewhere? How many other presidential candidates have done that?

• Like 1

To be fair, he is probably just spamming email solicitations.  It was just by chance that a foreign politician was one of the ones that received it. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

To be fair, he is probably just spamming email solicitations.  It was just by chance that a foreign politician was one of the ones that received it. 

In fact, foreign nationals are prohibited from making contributions to campaigns:

http://www.fec.gov/ans/answers_general.shtml#Can_nonUS_citizens_contribute

still... its funny....

Just now, Gromdor said:

How do you expect him to know that? he is new at this... and those who are running his campaign (basically his kids) don't have much experience either. :P

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

More fodder, right before the convention for the republicans to kick him out with I suppose.

The question is: will they actually have the guts to do that now? Because normally at this stage people have a pretty good concept of whom they are going to vote for. The only reason that could change is that they don't vote because they suppose it is a foregone conclusion.

4 minutes ago, questionmark said:

How do you expect him to know that? he is new at this... and those who are running his campaign (basically his kids) don't have much experience either. :P

As a policeman once told me, "Ignorance of the law is no excuse."

• Like 1

Just now, Gromdor said:

As a policeman once told me, "Ignorance of the law is no excuse."

That is another story....

actually it is if you are a cop.

isn't there a rule, or a law that allows to self fund primary, but for general you must have sponsors??

1 minute ago, aztek said:

actually it is if you are a cop.

isn't there a rule, or a law that allows to self fund primary, but for general you must have sponsors??

No.

Trump can pay for his own campaign if he wants.

that is what i thought , i was told there is such rule, 

in any case i think trump should be elected, he will be a lot easier to remove\impeach, than Clinton. she has too many string in her hands to remove her, him otoh, not so much, or more like none at all.

That was one of the CT tactics that Republicans that were dissatisfied with Trump were kicking around.   Basically get a VP that they approve, get Trump in, and then let him do something silly like this and impeach him.

22 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

That was one of the CT tactics that Republicans that were dissatisfied with Trump were kicking around.   Basically get a VP that they approve, get Trump in, and then let him do something silly like this and impeach him.

That still is a pipe dream. As I said, people have made up their minds at this point, for most it is Trump or Hillary. And that means that there will be only a change in pattern if both disappear.

And an impeachment is not that easy, and only possible for something he did in office (he can pardon himself for anything he did before that). If he is not in yet it will be as good as impossible...and he could be in for 8 years before they find something.

Not anything somebody with both feet in reality would consider.

Edited by questionmark

19 minutes ago, baobei said:

Trump may be ignorant of the law but Hillary most certainly isn't.

"Saudi Arabia Has Funded 20% Of Hillary's Presidential Campaign, Saudi Crown Prince Claims"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-13/saudi-arabia-has-funded-20-hillarys-presidential-campaign-saudi-crown-prince-claims

Are you talking about this:

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/deleted-official-report-says-saudi-key-funder-hillary-clinton-presidential-campaign-223282807

The cash donations Hillary simply has no answer for.

Among all the rivers of money that have flowed to the Clinton family, one seems to raise the biggest national security questions of all: the stream of cash that came from 20 foreign governments who relied on weapons export approvals from Hillary Clinton’s State Department.

Federal law designates the secretary of state as “responsible for the continuous supervision and general direction of sales” of arms, military hardware and services to foreign countries. In practice, that meant that Clinton was charged with rejecting or approving weapons deals — and when it came to Clinton Foundation donors, Hillary Clinton’s State Department did a whole lot of approving.

While Clinton was secretary of state, her department approved $165 billion worth of commercial arms sales to Clinton Foundation donors. That figure from Clinton’s three full fiscal years in office is almost double the value of arms sales to those countries during the same period of President George W. Bush’s second term.

http://www.salon.com/2015/05/31/the_cash_donations_hillary_simply_has_no_answer_for_partner/

Edited by aztek

Sounds like the new Nigerian Prince emails.

• Like 2