Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shelter cats cause 5K water damage

questionmark

Curiosity may not have killed these cats, but it did cause thousands of dollars in damage to the shelter that houses them.

At first, the Florida Humane Society in Pompano Beach thought the serious flooding that caused at least $5,000 in damage originated from a burst pipe. Upon further inspection, employees realized that it was one of the cats that had turned on a sink faucet that was left running for about 17 hours, ABC affiliate WPLG in Miami reported.

The water caused serious flooding in the building, seeping into walls and several other rooms, and the Humane Society is now seeking donations to help replace countertops, walls and cabinets that need to be torn down due to mold, according to WPLG.

Read more on Yahoo

I have a question: How come nobody noticed the water running for 17 hours? Does nobody look into the shelter for most of the day?

• Like 3

Why would a shelter cat have access to a faucet?  Is it inside one of their cages? 

How did a faucet with a sink cause this....was the drain clogged?

I'm just annoyed they make it sound like it's the cats fault...they're cats.  I didn't know there was a such thing as a shelter where they don't at least check on the animals daily...