Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dreamcatcher

loganXman

hey, i just saw dreamcatcher, by stephen king. i thought it was good. it was sci-fi. but great. nice twists, keeps u thinking. i myself enjoyed. dont want to ruin it for u guys.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loonboy

• Tommy

• racerette

• DEAD-HEAD

I've only read the book and thought it was utter garbage... started well and lost it

pretty early on. Where has this guy's genius gone?

dry.gif

I thought the book was great, and so was the movie...although different ending than the book!

I'd recommend both cool.gif

i am a very big STEPHEN KING fan. i saw the movie. didnt read the book. the books are always better. but i thought the movie was ok. they never do stephen justice. he is a briliant writer and movies cant capture everything the books do. i dont know if i will be able to read the book very soon. i had to waite about 3 years after seeing tommyknockers to read the book. i cant see the movie and then read the book. it kills me. oh well. go see dreamcatcher if not for enjoyment, than to show support for one of the greatest writers in history.

CASTOR

So to sum it up Dreamcatcher is good all around? (Movie and Book) I've wanted 2 c it with my friend but we didnt wanna waste like $7.00 (probably $12.00 after gettin popcorn and all sortz o junk. biggrin.gif ) So now I can tell her that its good or is it not worth it? Just asking.

I read the book and thought it was great. I'll wait for the movie to come on pay per view. I just finished SK's "From a Buick 8" aw man what a waste of time and entirely anticlimatic...at least for me it was.

LOL not a big fan of the books but hey i thought the movie was g0od....i was expecting it t0o be a little bit better though i would still recommend this 2 anyone

i only read the book. i am looking forward to see the movie. Quabin is near where i live and i want to see if there is actual footage of the area.

• 1 month later...

I have just seen the movie of this abysmal novel. And the movie was abysmal also.

What was Morgan Freeman doing in such drivel?

The best part was the title sequence.

Sorry to disagree guys, but this film is pure dross. dry.gif

Did see the trailer to the Matrix: Reloaded and that looks stunning. Looking forward to that one.

Think I might be watching this one tomorrow; even if the movie is rubbish, Final Flight of the Osiris is being shown after the credits, and that can't be missed! cool.gif

That was on prior to the film where I watched it and it was pretty good, but kinda pointless.

i just seen the movie.

the first half was pretty good. but the last half was moving too fast. if i didnt

already read the book i would have been clueless. its like they had all this info

to stick into a certain time frame and the 2+ hours were not enough.

wacko.gif

OK I admit it was a crap film; Final Flight was easily the best part! cool.gif

I read the book and thought it was good, though a bit long. Even King admits he gets what he describes as "diahreah of the mouth" when it comes to detail. I still like his works and thought The Stand was great, both book and mini series.

Question for those that saw it: Did King have his usual cameo appearance in Dreamcatcher?

I dont think i saw King in this film. I understand how people didn't like this film. Sure it maybe was a little wacko with the story, and morgan freeman seemed a tad out of place, and at time the guys B-Sing around with eachother seemed a little fakey, but I still loved this movie. I mean i still founfd the characters to be funny...i laughed during this film, but i always laugh at innaproprate things (isn't a worm that slides out of your anus just funny?) Anyway, I didn't know even what this movie was about when i went to see it, i guess because i was suprised with aliens, gore, and anal worms I was just happy to see something different. And for some reason I Loved how Mr. Grey had a british accent!