Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghostly hand turns up in 116-year-old photo

UM-Bot

I have seen that same floatiing hand in my childhood home. It used to follow me around the house!

Trying to stay on topic. My two female cousin`s were taking pictures of them selves in the back yard for no reason other then having fun & when they developed the film there was a old man with a gentle smile in the back ground. Those house`s were for the farmers about ten houses in a row and nothing behind them but a empty large dirt field. He was in Black & white they were in perfect color.

On 7/3/2016 at 7:07 AM, Rocky Evans said:

Trying to stay on topic. My two female cousin`s were taking pictures of them selves in the back yard for no reason other then having fun & when they developed the film there was a old man with a gentle smile in the back ground. Those house`s were for the farmers about ten houses in a row and nothing behind them but a empty large dirt field. He was in Black & white they were in perfect color.

Well, the image in the OP is pretty much busted - not only is it easy to explain, the very same image has been shown to have been edited in the past.  As for your story here, why not ask your two female cousins to supply the photo/s for examination.  Negatives would be even better..  Something tells me that won't happen (call me clairvoyant (or jaded?)), which means it is just a story on the Internet, like millions of others...  Start a new thread if you can come back with the images.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE JUST TRY TO DISCREDIT ANYTHING THEY CANNOT EXPLAIN. THE UNEXPLAINABLE OR "CREEPY" SIMPLY SCARES MOST PEOPLE, SO THEY AUTOMATICALLY  HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT AWAY...TO MAKE THEMSELVES FEEL BETTER. I AM A BELIEVER THAT ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, EVEN GHOST HANDS IN A PICTURE. THE LADIES IN THE PICTURE DO NOT LOOK LIKE THEY ARE TRYING TO PULL ONE OVER ON THE PHOTOGRAPHER. IN FACT, PHOTOS WERE SO RARE IN THOSE DAYS, JUST HAVING A PICTURE TAKEN WAS ACTUALLY AN HONOR, SO CHANCES ARE, THERE WAS NO FOUL PLAY HERE. SPIRITS (FROM THE OTHER SIDE, AS WELL AS IN LIMBO), LIKE TO JOKE & PLAY AROUND, JUST AS MUCH AS THEY DID WHILE HERE ON EARTH. THIS WOULD SIMPLY BE THE CASE HERE. IF YOUR A BELIEVER, YOU ARE ACCEPTABLE OF THINGS LIKE THIS THAT CAUSE OTHER PEOPLE TO BE FRIGHTENED THAT THIS COULD ACTUALLY BE AND HAVE TO RATIONALIZE IT AWAY. COME ON FOLKS.... THERE IS NO SANTA, NO TOOTH FAIRY, NO EASTER BUNNY....BUT THE ONLY REAL THINGS IN THIS WORLD ARE PEOPLE, ANIMALS & GHOSTS. 

So, you try to discredit them , but offer nothing to do so...  Ok, then.  Did you not see the other, clearly manipulated version of the image?  Do you really believe that images don't get altered, now or then?

And please stop SHOUTING.

• Like 1

And the opposite is true sometimes as well. If you are a believer then you tend to see a supernatural hand in everything. Just because people seek the truth doesn't mean they are non-believers. It just means that before they accept something as paranormal at face value, all other explanations have to be exhausted.

Just to toss another possibility out there, perhaps it is an example of a 116 year old version of a 'photo bomb' - I noticed that the girl with the hand on her shoulder isn't completely seated and neither are the others in her row, they are leaning slightly as if against a fence or rail.  Could some prankster have been crouched behind her with an outstretched arm reaching up to show the hand on her shoulder?

• Like 1

If you want my opinion, photos like this (ghost hands appearing in group shots) should always be taken with a good scoop of salt. It's too easy for some prankster to slip into the photo and place their hand in there.