Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iraqis retook Fallujah

bmk1245

Fallujah’s Importance to Islamic State Helped Iraqi Forces Retake It

Families were still living in city as militants fought to defend it, hampering usual tactics

FALLUJAH, Iraq—For Islamic State, this city was unlike any other: the birthplace of its movement and the first urban center it seized in a blitz that began the occupation of a third of Iraq.

But it took Iraqi forces less than five weeks to defeat the extremist group here, much faster than Iraqi and American officials had expected. One reason, these officials and Iraqi commanders say, was how invested Islamic State was in Fallujah, which made them loath to blow it up.

Read more...

I hope escaped ISIS scumbags will be hunted down.

• Like 2

Can't read the link unless I give the WSJ money and I would rather not. Is there another article?   It would be nice to see the ISIS douchebags  hunted down and dealt with however the Iraqi law deems fit.  

28 minutes ago, GreenmansGod said:

Can't read the link unless I give the WSJ money and I would rather not. Is there another article?   It would be nice to see the ISIS douchebags  hunted down and dealt with however the Iraqi law deems fit.  

Punch title (Fallujah’s Importance to Islamic State Helped Iraqi Forces Retake It) into google, and first link brings full article without annoyments.

On 6/29/2016 at 0:58 PM, bmk1245 said:

I hope escaped ISIS scumbags will be hunted down.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/iraq-destroys-200-vehicles-airstrike-alleged-isis-convoy-n601061

• Like 1

Retaking Fallujah every ten years has become something of a tradition.

• Like 1