Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pentagon ends ban on transgender troops

Wendigo Wangs

Transgender people will be allowed to serve openly in the U.S. military, the Pentagon announced Thursday, ending one of the last bans on service in the armed forces.

Edited by We are lizard people
  • Like 1

What a great sense of priorities. We can sleep safer now as we take comfort in the fact that social engineering is alive and well in the military. We certainly have a long tradition of successful trans generals. This latest move is as American as apple quiche.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paranormal Panther said:

What a great sense of priorities. We can sleep safer now as we take comfort in the fact that social engineering is alive and well in the military. We certainly have a long tradition of successful trans generals. This latest move is as American as apple quiche.

So if we let in every adult that can pass basic, is that the ultimate case of social engineering?

No.   It's more the opposite.  The less govt bans, the less engineering there is.

• Like 3

I honestly could care less if the soldier in question is a woman trapped in a mans body or vice versa.  As long as they can perform as required.  

It's not like they are going to wear pantyhose under the BDUs.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Yamato said:

So if we let in every adult that can pass basic, is that the ultimate case of social engineering?

That goes without saying. They can do this without bringing up the tired trans BS, which indeed is social engineering.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

That goes without saying. They can do this without bringing up the tired trans BS, which indeed is social engineering.

If they're ending the ban, bringing it up is necessary, not social engineering.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, supervike said:

I honestly could care less if the soldier in question is a woman trapped in a mans body or vice versa.  As long as they can perform as required.  

It's not like they are going to wear pantyhose under the BDUs.

Actually wearing pantyhose squeezes your capillary's thus increasing blood flow, hence keeping you warm.

It's an ingenious device really.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

There's only one colour that matters in the army - Green.

20 hours ago, Yamato said:

If they're ending the ban, bringing it up is necessary, not social engineering.

It's a part of the whole. It's no coincidence that there are so many stories about the trans lifestyle.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

There's only one colour that matters in the army - Green.

That saying better applies to race. This nonsense, about trans lifestyles, is nothing but propaganda.

• Like 1

That saying better applies to race. This nonsense, about trans lifestyles, is nothing but propaganda.

Race is as much a construct as gender. 

Marine general James Mattis not long ago made a statement that mortified the Left. "Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."  THIS is the essence of what the US military is supposed to be about.  It is an acknowledgement of the true nature of the world we live in.  Those who demand allowing any and all persons into the service, regardless their personal emotional background and proclivities will weaken that essential purpose.  I personally believe that this is not random happenstance.  There is an agenda and at the end of it American power will be gone.  For those who think this is a good thing all I can say is be careful what you wish for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Race is as much a construct as gender. 

Race is not the same thing as sexual behavior. The latter should not even be an issue in the military unless it affects service members. It goes without saying that gender and race should not be issues, either. All of that aside, I realize that this latest news is just the latest link in a long chain of social engineering propaganda.

Race is not the same thing as sexual behavior. The latter should not even be an issue in the military unless it affects service members. It goes without saying that gender and race should not be issues, either. All of that aside, I realize that this latest news is just the latest link in a long chain of social engineering propaganda.

Did you choose your race? Did you choose your sexual preference?

nothing biological should prevent a capable and competent person from serving in the armed forces. 

• Like 1

It doesnt reduce any sort of combat effectiveness or anything like that. Just lets more bodies in boots. 

Having served with Transgender People in the past, good job US Military.

17 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Did you choose your race? Did you choose your sexual preference?

nothing biological should prevent a capable and competent person from serving in the armed forces. 

I agree with that. My main point is that this is more about propaganda than defense and equality. It's part of a social engineering campaign to change the majority's beliefs about trans issues. Frankly, it's a microscopic issue in the military.

15 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I agree with that. My main point is that this is more about propaganda than defense and equality. It's part of a social engineering campaign to change the majority's beliefs about trans issues. Frankly, it's a microscopic issue in the military.

Really?  This story is hardly in the news.  And actually, this is the first place I even heard about it.  Propaganda is usually plastered everywhere.  

• Like 1

On 7/1/2016 at 3:42 PM, Paranormal Panther said:

It's a part of the whole. It's no coincidence that there are so many stories about the trans lifestyle.

No matter how many stories you hear...they can't turn you trans. You know that, right?

10 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Really?  This story is hardly in the news.  And actually, this is the first place I even heard about it.  Propaganda is usually plastered everywhere.  

This is the first I'm hearing of it, too. 

On 7/1/2016 at 3:44 PM, Paranormal Panther said:

Not really that different. This is well-known to be a biological issue. If someone literally has the brain structure and hormones of the opposite sex, or if they even happen to be physically in-between genders, then it should be illegal to discriminate against them. We've also known for some time that this is heritable. 

No one can make a person accepting of gender variability. But the military can and should catch up with the latest science, and not be working off of inaccurate stereotypes. 

It should just be about whether a person is capable of serving their country. I would think we should want everyone who is able and willing to do that to have that ability...and can they truly be free if they don't? 

On 7/1/2016 at 11:02 PM, Paranormal Panther said:

You might have a case of 'propaganda' if the military wasn't banning them.  If this was really a 'microscopic' issue as you claim, why the ban?  You keep using the term 'social engineering' like it's a bad thing; battles for civil rights and equality for blacks, women, and gays, are also social engineering I presume according to you.