Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Official 9/11 photographer claims conspiracy

Ozfactor

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/what-an-official-september-11-photographer-filmed-and-why-he-says-it-cost-him-his-freedom/news-story/264d4831797acfc8a0a6f490c045fd99

HOURS after planes flew into the World Trade Center’s Twin Towers on September 11, 2001, Kurt Sonnenfeld was given unrestricted access to ground zero.

Sonnenfeld was working for the Federal Emergency Management Agency, an organisation tied to the US Department of Homeland Security and charged with co-ordinating first response to disasters.

Armed with camera gear, the 39-year-old was asked to film everything he saw. His documented evidence was supposed to form part of a report about what happened, but he never handed back the footage.

• Like 1

And of course this has nothing to do with him trying to sell his book or distracting people from the fact that he's still a suspect in the admittedly suspicious death of his wife and still faces criminal charges in that case...

From "Hiding Behind the Truther" - The New York Post, March 31, 2013

A cameraman who videotaped the aftermath of 9/11 for the feds is trying to escape a murder rap — by peddling conspiracy theories about the terrorist attacks.

Kurt Sonnenfeld fled to Argentina in 2003 after being suspected of murdering his wife in Colorado. Since then, he has been living the high life, protected from extradition by his host country after claiming to have “proof” the US government secretly knew of the 9/11 plot in advance.

His glowing press often fails to mention the facts of his wife’s murder, which was the real reason he was arrested in 2002, though Denver prosecutors inexplicably cut him loose even as they worked to firm up their case.

Sonnenfeld had earlier sworn to investigators he was in another room when Nancy killed herself at their home on New Year’s Eve 2001, yet he had her blood spray on his face, according to the book.

Later he told two prison snitches that he staged the murder by creeping up behind his passed-out wife, putting his gun in her hand and firing, the book alleges. He’d wrapped his own hand in a plastic bag to avoid powder burns, they said.

The informants knew key details that had never been disclosed. The DA re-filed murder charges against him in 2004, and the feds issued a warrant for his arrest.

But by then Sonnenfeld was in South America, where he carefully crafted a new image.

He puffed up his career with fabrications in an autobiography he wrote in Spanish, “El Perseguido” (The Hunted), falsely asserting that Al Gore once gave him a vice presidential award for “technical innovation.”

Cz

Edited by Czero 101
  • Like 7

Czero 101 - how could you think such a thing. People would never do that, would they?

:D

• Like 1

I'd like to see his 'proof', but I sure am not going to support him financially.  He can stick that book.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Czero 101 said:

And of course this has nothing to do with him trying to sell his book or distracting people from the fact that he's still a suspect in the admittedly suspicious death of his wife and still faces criminal charges in that case...

Oops.  :tu:

• Like 2

The goveemnet also said the black boxs were destoyed and never found that was a lie the black boxs

5 minutes ago, coolguy said:

The goveemnet also said the black boxs were destoyed and never found that was a lie the black boxs

You said the " goveemnet also said the black boxs were destoyed". Any proof of that?

Think about this, the flight passport of one of the terrorists who flew planes into the World Trade Centers allegedly survived the initial crash into the building and the gigantic fireball we all seen on t.v. You mean to tell me, a paper passport can survive a plane crash with a huge fireball yet the black boxes which were constructed to withstand almost anything for the intents and purposes of recovery did not? Come on Bush Administration,..who are you trying to fool? Maybe ...just maybe, those black boxes for the planes used on 9/11 had something on them that the government doesn't want the public to know about or someone would have hell to pay. With 9/11, there are just too many inconsistencies and too many apparent "mysteries" that are yet to be adequately explained by the government in a manner that would make sense to the general population.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, An Urban Leg3nd said:

Think about this, the flight passport of one of the terrorists who flew planes into the World Trade Centers allegedly survived the initial crash into the building and the gigantic fireball we all seen on t.v. You mean to tell me, a paper passport can survive a plane crash with a huge fireball yet the black boxes which were constructed to withstand almost anything for the intents and purposes of recovery did not? 

I have no problems with that. I've been in aviation for about 30 years now and sometimes things that are impossible to you are quite ordinary to me.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Obviousman said:

I have no problems with that. I've been in aviation for about 30 years now and sometimes things that are impossible to you are quite ordinary to me.

Paper passports that "morph" through fireballs landing neatly among 1,000s of other pieces of debris, paper, and dust on the ground just so happen to be found by the FBI to link suspected terrorist to a crime which already has holes in it....yeeaah. Right.  Sorry, but this is no aviation issue despite how long you've been in the business.

1 hour ago, An Urban Leg3nd said:

Think about this, the flight passport of one of the terrorists who flew planes into the World Trade Centers allegedly survived the initial crash into the building and the gigantic fireball we all seen on t.v. You mean to tell me, a paper passport can survive a plane crash with a huge fireball yet the black boxes which were constructed to withstand almost anything for the intents and purposes of recovery did not? Come on Bush Administration,..who are you trying to fool? Maybe ...just maybe, those black boxes for the planes used on 9/11 had something on them that the government doesn't want the public to know about or someone would have hell to pay. With 9/11, there are just too many inconsistencies and too many apparent "mysteries" that are yet to be adequately explained by the government in a manner that would make sense to the general population.

I think my ideas about what happened would make sense to the general population - they make sense to me anyway :) 

In a nut shell --

Both the Official Account and the Inside Job conspiracy theory is generated from '''government''' to misdirect and control info -
because there's a cover up -

Flight 11 and 175 piloted by hijackers flew into the WTC towers - the day was chosen when there was the military exercise because this provided
a window of opportunity with  transponders being on and off and confusion about whether it was an exercise or real emergency -

No other hijacked planes were going to have the chance to fly into buildings of significance -
Flight 93 was shot down -
Flight 77 was taken by remote control over the Atlantic and shot down -

The Pentagon damage was done by bombs going off that had been planted in advance while the renovation work was going on -
by associates of the hijackers who got jobs there specifically to plant bombs to go off on 9/11 -
Plane parts were quickly got from the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum just up the road to make it look like it was Flight 77 that had impacted -

Meanwhile back in New York -

The South Tower  was hit on the corner earlier and there was immediate danger of the top part toppling over and causing widespread
damage to the area - so it was brought down as much as possible into it's own footprint by an unknown method that also
caused some kind of molecular disassociation so the rubble was able to be coped with and not do too much damage -

This 'unknown method' of controlled demolition of the South Tower weakened the basic structure of buildings near it and the North Tower and
Building 7 had to be demolished as well by the same 'secret' method --- 

So in conclusion --- it wasn't an Inside Job  --- but the defensive measures that were taken on the day meant that the
government was responsible for many of the fatalities  -  as it tried to get control of the situation -
it was decided to classify info about what really happened because the public very well might not understand the decisions -
right or wrong made in the heat of the moment but once the cover story was in place (official account) and the misdirection
developed (Inside Job theory) there was no going back ---- well not for a long long time anyway ---if ever.. 

My ''hypothesis'' might be right or might be wrong - you decide --- ;)

• Like 1

oh and regarding the OP and topic --- I think that Kurt Sonnenfeld guy is probably part of the government manufactured Inside Job Conspiracy -

It keeps us busy doesn't it --- especially when real life politics gets a bit '''hot''' ... 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, An Urban Leg3nd said:

Paper passports that "morph" through fireballs landing neatly among 1,000s of other pieces of debris, paper, and dust on the ground just so happen to be found by the FBI to link suspected terrorist to a crime which already has holes in it....yeeaah. Right.  Sorry, but this is no aviation issue despite how long you've been in the business.

Like i said: you don't understand but I do. What you see as impossible is understandable by me. Hell, I've seen a similar incident.

1 hour ago, An Urban Leg3nd said:

Documents surviving aircrashes is a mundane event. The notion that it is somehow impossible is a myth propagated by truthers. The passport was not the only item to survive intact. There are many such cases. For example, Steve Fossett crashed his aircraft head on into a honking great mountain. The search could not find the wreckage. How was it eventually found? A hiker found Fossetts ID cards which survived intact leading searchers to the wreckage at last.

Why, exactly, would the conspirators plant the passport there in the first place? It wasn't used as evidence to identify hijackers. That had already been done using other evidence, so why risk a stupid over-complication to their nefarious plan? What benefit was it to the evil plan?

Remember the Columbia disaster? There was an experiment aboard containing some tiny worms. Not only did the experiment survive intact, the worms were still alive.

The problem is that too many people have their "common sense" of such things entirely formulated by Hollywood. 

The fact is that explosions are chaotic events and random unexpected items surviving is to not in any way unusual.

• Like 4

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 2:11 PM, Czero 101 said:

Cz

Without knowing exactly what evidence he has, or what conclusions he draws from them, if he is saying inside job, then the government probably killed her. Along with a few others who were in position to refute the official story.

Trying to sell a book in an of its self certainly isn't proof of anything. I know if I had information on this subject no one else had, Id probably be writing a book to. I mean who else but conspiracy theorist have to deal with such a standard? That would mean there isn't a single non fiction book ever written that can be trusted.

32 minutes ago, Abaddonire said:

Documents surviving aircrashes is a mundane event. The notion that it is somehow impossible is a myth propagated by truthers. The passport was not the only item to survive intact. There are many such cases. For example, Steve Fossett crashed his aircraft head on into a honking great mountain. The search could not find the wreckage. How was it eventually found? A hiker found Fossetts ID cards which survived intact leading searchers to the wreckage at last.

Why, exactly, would the conspirators plant the passport there in the first place? It wasn't used as evidence to identify hijackers. That had already been done using other evidence, so why risk a stupid over-complication to their nefarious plan? What benefit was it to the evil plan?

Remember the Columbia disaster? There was an experiment aboard containing some tiny worms. Not only did the experiment survive intact, the worms were still alive.

The problem is that too many people have their "common sense" of such things entirely formulated by Hollywood. 

The fact is that explosions are chaotic events and random unexpected items surviving is to not in any way unusual.

The odds of that passport not only surviving, but being found among probably several tons of papers an debris scattered for blocks is next to nothing. An what do you mean it wasn't used to identify the hijackers? At the very least it was used to confirm his identity. The fact that you see nothing funny about this, added to a huge list of very unlikely events, tells me you are seeing this not from a place of reason and common sense, but from a place of denial to protect your world view.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Without knowing exactly what evidence he has, or what conclusions he draws from them, if he is saying inside job, then the government probably killed her. Along with a few others who were in position to refute the official story.

If he did kill his wife he'd probably use that same excuse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

The odds of that passport not only surviving, but being found among probably several tons of papers an debris scattered for blocks is next to nothing. An what do you mean it wasn't used to identify the hijackers? At the very least it was used to confirm his identity. The fact that you see nothing funny about this, added to a huge list of very unlikely events, tells me you are seeing this not from a place of reason and common sense, but from a place of denial to protect your world view.

Thank you! Seriously, dude! A paper passport, ..not a laminated plastic Id, but paper, survives a gigantic fireball, survives the collapse of all 3 buildings,- is somehow found by the FBI amongst all of the 1000s of piles of hot steel, debris, and dust. It sounds so far fetched. Things seem to just "appear" suddenly at just the right time so the government can point their finger at another enemy we're suppose to goto war with. How do we know there wasn't manufactured evidence? How do we know the government didn't just tell the media, "hey look we found this at ground zero..its a terrorist passport, this is one of the terrorist who did it". Come on. Everything falls into place to easy. I think the government is just going to have us Americans forever chasing enemies. At the beginning of the war after 9/11 it was the Taliban, then it became Al-Quida, then Al-Quida disappears and we don't hear anything about them or Bin Ladin for a long time, and now the current looming threat is ISIS. Another offshoot. Omg,...the enemies to fight just keep stacking for the American people. Im not saying there aren't terrorist in this world,..they are, but when your country has a foreign policy based on imperialism your bound to make enemies everywhere you go.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, An Urban Leg3nd said:

Thank you! Seriously, dude! A paper passport, ..not a laminated plastic Id, but paper, survives a gigantic fireball, survives the collapse of all 3 buildings,- is somehow found by the FBI amongst all of the 1000s of piles of hot steel, debris, and dust. It sounds so far fetched. Things seem to just "appear" suddenly at just the right time so the government can point their finger at another enemy we're suppose to goto war with. How do we know there wasn't manufactured evidence? How do we know the government didn't just tell the media, "hey look we found this at ground zero..its a terrorist passport, this is one of the terrorist who did it". Come on. Everything falls into place to easy. I think the government is just going to have us Americans forever chasing enemies. At the beginning of the war after 9/11 it was the Taliban, then it became Al-Quida, then Al-Quida disappears and we don't hear anything about them or Bin Ladin for a long time, and now the current looming threat is ISIS. Another offshoot. Omg,...the enemies to fight just keep stacking for the American people. Im not saying there aren't terrorist in this world,..they are, but when your country has a foreign policy based on imperialism your bound to make enemies everywhere you go.

I'm sorry, but your ignorance in this matter does not make your viewpoint correct, despite how frustrating that may be to you.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Obviousman said:

I'm sorry, but your ignorance in this matter does not make your viewpoint correct, despite how frustrating that may be to you.

Whatever dude. The things I said are backed up by history, ...something you may not have a great understanding of. I don't live in a fantasy land where the government is this loving entity that wants whats best for it's citizens, history has proven them to want the opposite and give us great reason to distrust them. I'm not frustrated at all either.

42 minutes ago, An Urban Leg3nd said:

Whatever dude. The things I said are backed up by history, ...something you may not have a great understanding of. I don't live in a fantasy land where the government is this loving entity that wants whats best for it's citizens, history has proven them to want the opposite and give us great reason to distrust them. I'm not frustrated at all either.

I'm assuming by your woefully tired argument that you have never actually held in your hand or even physically seen a real passport

1. Passports are not made of ordinary paper. They are usually made of higher quality rag papers that are harder to counterfeit and have a higher cloth to wood pulp content making them heavier (thicker) and therefore slower to burn. Also, some pages of a passport - specifically the page with the holder's picture and identity info - are laminated so as to incorporate anti-forgery technology (holograms, etc) and THAT paper is even harder to burn.

2. Even if it was just regular paper, regular paper does not instantly ignite the instant it touches flame. Next time you happen to have a fire handy, take a piece of paper and wave it REALLY FAST (as fast as you can... remember the passport in question was moving at the same speed as the aircraft at impact) through the flame and come back and tell us if there's anything more than light singing (or anything at all) on the piece of paper.

3. Learn how explosions work. There is a pressure wave that precedes any of the combustion (the burning stuff) that will push light objects - light papers and passports - out of the way of the explosion.

Cz

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, An Urban Leg3nd said:

Also, nice strawman argument. No one here has made the bolded claim here except you.

Cz

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Czero 101 said:

Learn how explosions work. There is a pressure wave that precedes any of the combustion (the burning stuff) that will push light objects - light papers and passports - out of the way of the explosion.

True that. Light incendiaries will be expelled first and may not even burn, while bodies are obliterated.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, An Urban Leg3nd said:

I'm sorry but you do sound frustrated that your opinions are not supported by fact. If you are convinced that the Earth is flat then nothing I say will convince you otherwise.

• Like 1

Did I miss something/ Where is all his footage? Such a stupid thing. Professional photographer... What a joke!

• Like 1