Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have we found Buddha's remains?

Anomalocaris

Ancient Shrine That May Hold Buddha's Skull Bone Found in Crypt

Archaeologists have discovered what may be a skull bone from the revered Buddha, Siddhartha Gautama. The bone was hidden inside a model of a stupa, or a Buddhist shrine used for meditation.The research team found the 1,000-year-old model within a stone chest in a crypt beneath a Buddhist temple in Nanjing, China. Inside the stupa model archaeologists found the remains of Buddhist saints, including a parietal (skull) bone that inscriptions say belonged to the Buddha himself...

arrow3.gif Read more on Live Science

Edited by Anomalocaris
  • Like 1

The Buddhas bones are like the pieces of the holy cross... if you put them all together you will have 100 Buddhas and enough crosses to execute a whole penal colony.

On 7/1/2016 at 2:05 PM, questionmark said:

The Buddhas bones are like the pieces of the holy cross... if you put them all together you will have 100 Buddhas and enough crosses to execute a whole penal colony.

It may be too early to tell, but I'm going to say this is the post of the day lol

If this skull piece actually contains the DNA of Buddha, let's swab the Shroud of Turin and start engineering a Buddha/Jesus hybrid

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

It may be too early to tell, but I'm going to say this is the post of the day lol

If this skull piece actually contains the DNA of Buddha, let's swab the Shroud of Turin and start engineering a Buddha/Jesus hybrid

It's been done. Kinda.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock
  • Like 2

I don`t think that piece of a skull belongs to Buddha a.k.a. everyones buddy. Just think about how many relicts have been faked by the church to gain more influence over the people.

I wonder what Buddha would think of people worshiping him and his bones?

I was under the impression that "Buddha" is just a term used to describe a person who attained "enlightenment".

So the bones could be anyone, not just Siddhartha Gautama. Oh well.....

5 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I wonder what Buddha would think of people worshiping him and his bones?

Buddha asked his followers not to worship him. if i not mistaken.

Cos He said everyone have the potential to be one.

• Like 1

Old ancient kingdom diplomacy ... these relics could mean a hundred years of ceaseless and endless wars or a lifetime of relative peace ...