Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Death threats against Stephen Hawking

Anomalocaris

Woman Arrested for Plot against Stephen Hawking

The woman, a US citizen who lives in Norway, sent emails to Hawking telling him she would kill him at the Starmus Festival, a legendary astronomy conference that’s happening this week in Tenerife. According to El Pais, there were over 100 emails and tweets which threatened things like “I am very close to you. I am going to kill you.” The tweets appear to have been deleted, and it’s unclear how the messages were directed at Hawking since he doesn’t have an account.

arrow3.gif Read more on Gizmodo

Edited by Anomalocaris

Police investigators who searched her hotel room found a collection of esoteric items linked to religious extremism and contrary to Hawking’s theories denying the existence of God. They also found notes and documents detailing the scientist’s residence and workplace, and notebooks outlining precise plans on how to approach her target.

https://dearkitty1.wordpress.com/2016/07/01/american-religious-fundamentalist-threatened-to-murder-scientist-stephen-hawking/

The woman was obviously just another obsessed brain-washed fruit loop. Even so it's good they found her - as the fruit loops can be the most unpredictable and dangerous.

• Like 2

Latest -

A US woman has been given a suspended four-month jail sentence in Spain for threatening to kill British physicist and cosmologist Stephen Hawking.

The 37-year-old has also been banned from approaching to within 500m of the scientist or communicating with him on social media for eight months.

After being detained, she told police that she was in love with the scientist and would never have hurt him.

Police said everything pointed to the woman being mentally unstable.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36687631

26 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

Latest -

That is always the creepiest when some stalker threatens harm yet claims love to their actions. :no:

• Like 3

So she says she's in love with Hawking and claims to never hurt him. It somewhat reminds me of the movie, Fatal Attraction.

• Like 1

Well, if she goes back to Norway there is universal health care coverage.  But I'm sure she will be sent packing to the U.S. because of her criminal behavior.  Where she will be ignored and end up on the streets with the rest of the mentally ill without money to pay for treatment. 

'Murica!

• Like 1

he's always been abit of a player

Well, at least she was polite enough to tell him she was making complicated plans to kill him.  I'm sure he would have wanted to dress spiffy for such an occasion.

On a positive note, there's now one less person who gets murderously angry at outspoken Atheists(I have no idea if Hawking is or not) walking free in the world.

Edited by Wickian

What does Steven Hawking do when he needs to take a crap?

He logs out. budum tsh! Drum (bdmtsh).gif

Loonies, eh? Nice to see cosmonaut Alexei Leonov in the Telegraph photo on Dawkins' right.

• Like 1

Sounds like she loves him to death.  :rolleyes: There is always somebody looking to spoil a good party.  Looks like a really great festival.

• Like 1

I like the guy and all his quirks. Happy UFO Day Mr. Hawking!

Given what I see on other parts of the net from the loopy end of the religious crowd, this does not surprise me.