Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best way to contact a super-advanced alien?

16 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

no no no ... aliens do not build radios or devices to capture our frequencies. 

etc...

And you *know* this how?

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

On 7/31/2016 at 10:53 PM, Merc14 said:

They are not OUR frequencies, they are simply a part of the EM spectrum that is common throughout the known universe.  Any advanced civilization would, logically, use those frequencies at some time in its development to communicate.  It is almost inconceivable that they wouldn't. 

Your ignorance is, inconceivably, increasing!  Are you suffering from some medical problem that i causing these problems?

well 70 yeas ago nobody thought of it on Earth. Fingers crossed your aliens are at least equally advanced as we are and they don't live in an avatar native like society. Hopefully they invented electricity and built already those radios required to capture out signals. Amazingly some of your are ridiculously optimists to accept any program that swallows loads of ppls money applauding like fools in a bad circus show !!!

Good luck finding life this way!!!

Edited by qxcontinuum

32 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

well 70 yeas ago nobody thought of it on Earth. Fingers crossed your aliens are at least equally advanced as we are and they don't live in an avatar native like society. Hopefully they invented electricity and built already those radios required to capture out signals. Amazingly some of your are ridiculously optimists to accept any program that swallows loads of ppls money applauding like fools in a bad circus show !!!

You've asked numerous times...

Please explain why they wouldn't utilise electromagnetic radiation.

And to humour you - let's look at the Na'vi.

• Na'vi skin is smooth, iridescent, and cyan in color accentuated with slightly darker cyan stripes. Their bodies have feline-like features such as long sweeping tails, pointed ears and triangular faces with flat bifurcated noses, all framed with large, almost hypnotically golden eyes. Bioluminescent markings that seem to follow the path of the circulatory or nervous system aid in identification and mood display.

http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Na'vi

Bioluminescence is the way that living organisms emit light. It is employed by nearly all Pandoran animals. Even the Na'vi have patterns of glowing dots that are unique to each individual. To avoid being detected by predators or prey, animals can damp down their own light. The RDA exploited it as another resource in the form of exotic jewelry and clothing.

http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Bioluminescence

There you have it.  Na'vi emit and detect EMR.

But back to reality...

Please explain why EMR would not be used by other civilisations.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2016 at 2:23 PM, LuisBerry said:

Not necessarily, look at the technology we have achieved at only a few decades and what we can achieve given a few more. His question isn't moot at all. It's well within the realm of possibilities given our rapid technological growth as a species. Think on a bigger scale. 

You are not allowing for limits. We all have them, even space. Think about it. You cannot just "keep going faster" E=MC2 has something to say about that. 

Crossing space is nothing at all like crossing an ocean, although that analogy is often deployed. Chalk and cheese.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2016 at 3:22 PM, qxcontinuum said:

the main reason for which this idea is silly is not the encoding and the logic itself as it is to believe and expect that an intelligent alien race will build the same radio devices to capture it and decode.I hope they invented the transistors for this reason ... or maybe they use vintage lamps instead?

Thank you ... i don't usually bother answering JesseC. His sarcastic tone in each posting makes it difficult to even try. 

I find your tone more intolerant and rude though. Not sure why when you do not understand a thing that you make stuff up and pretend it is true. 

If an alien species is considering traveling space, they NEED to know about radio waves, space is filled with natural radio waves. It can tell us, if an alien for that matter what a thing is, and where it is, and how dangerous it is. You have heard about how we found Pulsars I presume? We thought they were signals from a different planet. Turns out it is the signature of a Pulsar. If Aliens are going to cross space, one must assume they have heard of, or seen a pulsar. 

If a species studies space, they must learn about radio waves. Cheap, efficient, simple, how would that escape the attention of an advanced/intelligent species? 

emsRadioWaves_mainContent_radio-wave-emi

• Like 3

10 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

I know you are incapable of learning things and I think it is truly sad that you are afflicted with that problem but this post is very illustrative of how little you understand the topic and how poorly you research things.  Knowing your problem I understand responding is useless but I''ll post this anyways for someone capable of learning who may be new to all this and who may have a similar question.

Firstly, SETI is aware of the short period of time a civilization may be utilizing that portion of the EM spectrum to communicate and perform other tasks like air search, navigation etc (BTW, it is more like 100-110 years, not 70).  The problem is what other spectrum are they going to search?  We don't have telescopes or other instruments powerful enough to look for the telltale atmospheric gases that signal living creatures.  We may have those tools in the next decade or two but for the last 30+ years, radio waves have been the best indicator of an technologically advanced civilization.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Solary said:

i think they don't want to contact with use 'cause we ruin own planet ( we stupid)

What makes you feel that any alien would have not have to had learn to lessons we have - the hard way like we did? 

• Like 2

I think i't can be done  way before. I guess it's optics and it's not illusion.

Edited by Breez

On Tuesday, August 09, 2016 at 9:50 PM, Solary said:

i think they don't want to contact with use 'cause we ruin own planet ( we stupid)

They're going to judge us with speaking to us?

They don't appreciate the concept of natural justice?

Who needs such barbarians?

• Like 1

On 8/9/2016 at 7:50 AM, Solary said:

You might be, but not me.