Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Noah's Ark Was Shaped Like a Pyramid

Still Waters

10 hours ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

Is Ancient-origins.net a reputable source, or is it one of these "fringy" sites with an agenda to pursue?

It's a site dedicated to the clicks. If a new Archaeological finding will generate it, great.  

If the wild speculations of a frothing at the mouth loony toon character who believe the center of the earth is composed of soul fleggelum, and the pyramids and great structures of the earth mark where the fleggelum emerge from the bowels of the Earth, so much the better. 

• Like 1

So... Great pyramid= ark? I guess it has to be for something and if anything could survive a catyclysm it would be that.  

Is there any wording that says its for sure a boat? Because that picture looks like a pyramid with a capstone.

1 hour ago, Nnicolette said:

So... Great pyramid= ark? I guess it has to be for something and if anything could survive a catyclysm it would be that.  

Is there any wording that says its for sure a boat? Because that picture looks like a pyramid with a capstone.

The scale is different, certainly, and as we've said any pyramid built to the accepted Biblical scale would be short and fat (rather like me).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

The amount of useable space inside the great pyramid is actually quite small, so there is no way to fit in a large number of animals.

As the great pyramid is made of loose fitting stones I am not even sure if it is waterproof ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

I was wondering how many would think that I was being serious. I was expecting a few, and i wasn't disappointed. 

To be fair on this site you don't allways know if people are being serious or not. 

Fortunately you did put in a smiley to indicate that you weren't being serious. I wish more people would do that when they are making fun of something. I allways try to do that on the few occasions (:rolleyes:) when I try to make fun of other posts.

• Like 1

Some comment about this on this blog.

Apparently, the Pyramid/Ark concept is ultimately derived from an Early Christian interpretation of the Flood account in Genesis.

• Like 2

There are structure designs that do gather at the top, and they don't resemble a pyramid.

Maybe the roof of the Ark was actually rounded (if it existed at all).

roundtop.JPG

There was no ark, there isnt enough water to flood the earth completely

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The scale is different, certainly, and as we've said any pyramid built to the accepted Biblical scale would be short and fat (rather like me).

Ok i wasnt clear if this record also included the measurements or if that was a seperate version.

That is definitely the pyramid at giza in the picture.

Edited by Nnicolette

1 hour ago, seeder said:

there isnt enough water to flood the earth completely

I would agree but....the common response to your correct observation is;  'that almighty god who created the entire universe could also create then uncreate the water needed......'

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

Not that I believe it's true, I don't, but can someone/anyone explain how one can take the commonly used measurements of the ark claimed as "The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits" and end with a structure that's a pyramid?

cormac

I think all the text adds is a pointed roof? I think saying pyramid shape is sensationalism. I think the discovery of the meaning of the word for belt and the verses about Tamar is more meaningful to old testiment studies. 

Did anyone look at the article? Why is everyone trying to decide if this means pyramid shaped or not what about the picture being of a pyramid and not a boat isnt that relevant?

I'm happy to accept the Roman Catholic position of matters Noah - it's a Myth, and like all Biblical myths are included in the canon in order to shine a light on a facet of human nature and upon reading and considering the text, shining a light on our understanding of, and relationship with, God.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I'm happy to accept the Roman Catholic position of matters Noah - it's a Myth, and like all Biblical myths are included in the canon in order to shine a light on a facet of human nature and upon reading and considering the text, shining a light on our understanding of, and relationship with, God.

Looks like the Jesuit point of view took hold there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, questionmark said:

Looks like the Jesuit point of view took hold there.

Well, His Holiness is a Jesuit. Irs certainly filtered down to the school level with the Aussie curriculum being built around such concepts.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Well, His Holiness is a Jesuit. Irs certainly filtered down to the school level with the Aussie curriculum being built around such concepts.

A tad off topic but his being a Jesuit was a big deal and a near impossibility until recently.

7 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

A tad off topic but his being a Jesuit was a big deal and a near impossibility until recently.

The Roman Catholic Church has grown leery, shall we say, of sects within the Church, on the grounds that sects often lead to schism and the whole reformation/counter-reformation/counter-counter-reformation was a lot of work, theologically and doctrinally speaking.

I - after lying on my bed having over eaten during my July 4th feast and being exultant from having taunted my British wife about the glories of our revolt against King George III - I was struck by a vision - I now can say with all certainty that Noah's ark was built in the shape of a:

DREIDEL

,,,and cursed shall be the fools who doubt me.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Not often you see a stone boat,that water must have been holy (soft puffy) water. :D

jmccr8

Fix that forya

On 7/3/2016 at 5:04 PM, Winter Summer said:

There are structure designs that do gather at the top, and they don't resemble a pyramid.

Maybe the roof of the Ark was actually rounded (if it existed at all).

roundtop.JPG

It's usually depicted as having a roof, isn't it (recent conjectural artist's impression below), so really this whole debate, such as it is, is just about what shape the roof might have been.  

noah.jpg

Animals were much happier then.

Harte

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

It's usually depicted as having a roof, isn't it (recent conjectural artist's impression below), so really this whole debate, such as it is, is just about what shape the roof might have been.  

noah.jpg

Yes, and the TARDIS is usually depicted as looking like a Police Box. That doesn't make either real.

--Jaylemurph

Yes, but you're completely ignoring the FACT that the roof of the Tardis is a pyramid.

p025wvg8.jpg

Harte

• Like 2