Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

11 Countries Gearing Up to Strike Trade Deals

keithisco

While Brexit doom-mongers have been focussing on the challenges of keeping access to the EU’s single market (16% of global trade – less once we’re gone), they forget there is a world elsewhere.

Green shoots are already emerging, as other countries start to realise the possibilities of free trade deals with a newly-liberated Britain, less than a week after the referendum:

Follow the link for more:

Despite claims that the US would banish Britain to the “back of the queue” if it dared to leave the European Union, Congress is already considering measures to boost trade with the UK.

.A bill to lock down current trading arrangements, and fire the starting gun on a bilateral deal, was introduced to the US Senate yesterday. The United Kingdom Trade Continuity Act mandates the US to keep trading on exactly the same terms after Britain leaves the EU

The crucial section of the bill reads: “Not later than 30 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the President should initiate negotiations with the United Kingdom with the goal of reaching a final comprehensive bilateral trade agreement by the date that is one year after such date of enactment; and the President should make every effort to negotiate such an agreement expeditiously.”

Read More

Shouldn't this be headlining the UK Press and Media instead of concentrating on the "Precious Youth" who couldn't be bothered to vote?? Just sayin´

• Like 8

For at least a month we have been signalling that CETA an TTIP in its current form was dead, and that mostly because of the nontransparent conflict resolution methods in it. I don't know why you expect this to cause an earthquake now.

20 minutes ago, questionmark said:

For at least a month we have been signalling that CETA an TTIP in its current form was dead, and that mostly because of the nontransparent conflict resolution methods in it. I don't know why you expect this to cause an earthquake now.

Who talking about an earthquake - this meant as an upbeat thread to counter all the other threads that have been hi-jacked by extreme negativism.

So... there is most definitely a future outside of the EU, and, in my opinion, truly Global in extent. EU tariffs against African farmers has not helped to lift them out of extreme poverty - many of the nations are more than capable of helping their people more if they were only allowed to sell into protectionist markets and a sustainable rate

Lets keep this thread positive for the majority that voted to leave the EU.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, keithisco said:

Who talking about an earthquake - this meant as an upbeat thread to counter all the other threads that have been hi-jacked by extreme negativism.

So... there is most definitely a future outside of the EU, and, in my opinion, truly Global in extent. EU tariffs against African farmers has not helped to lift them out of extreme poverty - many of the nations are more than capable of helping their people more if they were only allowed to sell into protectionist markets and a sustainable rate

Lets keep this thread positive for the majority that voted to leave the EU.

You are saying my propaganda is acceptable in this thread, other opinions not? Cool!

Edited by questionmark

1 minute ago, questionmark said:

You are saying my propaganda is acceptable in this thread, other opinions not? Cool!

Not at all, but considering the way that every other thread about Brexit and the future has been hi-jacked by doomsayers trolling posts it would be refreshing to look at the positive side to this outcome - wouldn't it?

• Like 4

Seems the apparent Brexit apocalypse is not going to materialise.Merkel is under pressure not to turn on the UK.

She'll be history come the next German elections.

All in all a good result. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

Seems the apparent Brexit apocalypse is not going to materialise.Merkel is under pressure not to turn on the UK.

She'll be history come the next German elections.

All in all a good result. 

Well the pound just hit a new 31-year low but it doesn't seem to have caused the global collapse predicted. Then again, the UK hasn't actually left yet. It could be companies are just waiting to see how negotiations pan out over the next 2+ years.

I've said from the start that I didn't think leaving would be the right choice economically. I'm happy to say things aren't yet as bad as I thought they would be. I'm left in the very strange position of desperately hoping I was completely wrong.

Obviously, this is just from an economic standpoint. The sudden rise in racist abuse as a result of that vote is another matter entirely.

6 hours ago, keithisco said:

Follow the link for more:

Read More

Shouldn't this be headlining the UK Press and Media instead of concentrating on the "Precious Youth" who couldn't be bothered to vote?? Just sayin´

It won't make the media, there were 2 remainers being interviewed on radio 4 last night with no one from Brexit to counter the debate the gist of it being 'rats leaving a sinking ship' ie members of Brexit resignations, they started with Nigel jumping ship without negotiating Brexit, no one there to tell them he's not in government, next was Boris, he hasn't resigned but the best of all was the berating of Cameron for not staying to negotiate Brexit at this even the thick reporter who's normal form of interviewing is just to contradict everything quietly said "Cameron was on the remain side" i thought how nice it would be to have a radio station for middle of the road politics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Well the pound just hit a new 31-year low but it doesn't seem to have caused the global collapse predicted. Then again, the UK hasn't actually left yet. It could be companies are just waiting to see how negotiations pan out over the next 2+ years.

I've said from the start that I didn't think leaving would be the right choice economically. I'm happy to say things aren't yet as bad as I thought they would be. I'm left in the very strange position of desperately hoping I was completely wrong.

Obviously, this is just from an economic standpoint. The sudden rise in racist abuse as a result of that vote is another matter entirely.

I have to say Setton, it's good to have your input here. It's good to see someone that doesn't necessarily agree with the referendum result, but isn't throwing terms such as "racist" and "xenophobic" around, and isn't forecasting the end of the world as standard.

I just don't know what to make of the reports of a rise in racist abuse. Do I think it's possible? Sure. People who are libel to act that way anyway, wouldn't need much of an excuse to ramp it up a notch. On the other hand, there is definitely still a push prom pro-EU elements of the media to overturn the referendum result, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see exaggerated statistics and biased reports to further that agenda. I can't back it up though, so it's just speculation as things stand.

2 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

It won't make the media, there were 2 remainers being interviewed on radio 4 last night with no one from Brexit to counter the debate the gist of it being 'rats leaving a sinking ship' ie members of Brexit resignations, they started with Nigel jumping ship without negotiating Brexit, no one there to tell them he's not in government, next was Boris, he hasn't resigned but the best of all was the berating of Cameron for not staying to negotiate Brexit at this even the thick reporter who's normal form of interviewing is just to contradict everything quietly said "Cameron was on the remain side" i thought how nice it would be to have a radio station for middle of the road politics.

I thought Cameron actually screwed up on purpose, he intended leaving office at the next election anyway.A Leopard never changes it's spots and Dave was always anti-EU in the past.

I always thought this one was in the bag, despite the opinion polls.The Conservatives will now all rally round change the leader, threats by Labour MP's to scupper Brexit is meaningless as was the demonstration by a few thousand Lefties who can't accept defeat.

Just to add to Keiths posts. 

Indian business welcomes UK trade deal

Confederation of Indian Industry says agreement ‘would be almost made in heaven.

A bilateral trade agreement between the UK and India would be a deal “made in heaven” and would pave the way for increased trade in the wake of Britain Leaving the EU the head of India’s business group has said.

https://next.ft.com/content/2e0eb278-4372-11e6-b22f-79eb4891c97d

Chinese and British officials flirt with possibility of an early post-Brexit trade deal.

Chinese officials are open to launching trade negotiations with Britain in the aftermath of the Brexit vote, raising hopes that the UK’s economy can receive a boost after it leaves the EU.

Critics of Brexit warned that the UK could find itself alone and cut off from the world economy outside the EU, but the indications from China are that deals are possible. Xing Houyuan, an official in the state-backed Chinese Academy of International Trade and Economic Cooperation, told the China Daily that China is being frustrated by the EU. The “situation in Western Europe will push China and the UK to make a trade treaty,”

Britis Trade Minister Lord Price is in Hong Kong where he talked up the possibility of trade deals with emerging markets.“I'm optimistic about the future: particularly in helping create a second Elizabethan Golden Age. The first Golden Age was based on peace, prosperity, new trading markets and a flourishing of the arts,” he told the British Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong, adding that he is pushing for “a continued close trading relationship with Europe.”

“There's also a prospect for striking new deals with Canada, New Zealand and Australia which could form the beginning of a Commonwealth trading pact.” “And to the opportunities in the East, where for centuries British merchants have traded with China for tea, white gold and porcelain as well as with Japan, South Korea and other Asian nations,” said Lord Price.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/07/06/chinese-and-british-officials-flirt-with-possibility-of-an-early/

While we in the UK are striking out into the world, The EU has in true EU style bogged itself down, the free trade agreement with Canada which has took 7 years to negotiate to this stage, - and was hoping to be brought into effect this year as been dealt a blow, - Now the EU have decided to put the Trade deal to a vote of member parliaments to ratify the agreement. the last time they done this with S-Korea it took five years to reach an agreement. - is Canada going to wait a further five years? - throw into the mix as part of the trade deal the EU has told Canada it has to give visa free travel to Bulgaria and Romania citizens and If Canada refuses to adopt the visa free travel the EU will Veto the Trade Deal.

Im absolutely delighted we've voted to leave this complete mess that is the EU behind us. 

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 3

I cant stop congratulating the UK for their wise decision. Regarding the economy, I only see advantages. You have your hands free to make business without the EU Oligarchs interfering , and this will attract tons of investment, and as I can see its happening.

• Like 1

On 05/07/2016 at 8:47 PM, stevewinn said:

The Beauty about leaving the EU is we will have freed up 90% of our economy from EU regulation. couple this with the ability to now negotiate our own trade deals, where once we negotiated and then handed it over to the EU to sieve through the terms and condition for approval or amendment by the EU, Now that we've cut out that meddlesome middleman we can truly reach our potential, gone will be the days when a UK trade deal was watered down because it gave the UK an advantage over other EU members. The EU's percentage of Global trade has fallen from 33% in 1970's  to 16% today, and once the UK leaves that Percentage will drop further to 13%.

That is a totally fake measure by which to justify leaving the EU, or are you trying to argue we should join BRICS instead? Because the rise of those nations is the reason for the fall in the global share the EU extends - as well as the fall in the global share the US extends.

13 hours ago, Leonardo said:

That is a totally fake measure by which to justify leaving the EU, or are you trying to argue we should join BRICS instead? Because the rise of those nations is the reason for the fall in the global share the EU extends - as well as the fall in the global share the US extends.

Its perfectly acceptable to justify our Leaving, and another fact thrown into the mix is our trade deficit with the EU. So the mighty EU, The Holy trinity, the Market of 500 million people failed not to only keep pace with emerging economies but it failed to compete with these growing economies. But also seen its market share drop and do you know why that is, because the EU is a protectionist union and while it clings to that out dated models it will continue to see its percentage of global trade fall. The figures don't lie, the Future is not the EU and never will be, and what makes it worse its percentage of global trade has fallen despite 40 years of enlargement. (stop laughing at the back) Leonardo, its time to face facts your dream is over. its time to wake up, It's a New epoch.

20 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Its perfectly acceptable to justify our Leaving, and another fact thrown into the mix is our trade deficit with the EU. So the mighty EU, The Holy trinity, the Market of 500 million people failed not to only keep pace with emerging economies but it failed to compete with these growing economies. But also seen its market share drop and do you know why that is, because the EU is a protectionist union and while it clings to that out dated models it will continue to see its percentage of global trade fall. The figures don't lie, the Future is not the EU and never will be, and what makes it worse its percentage of global trade has fallen despite 40 years of enlargement. (stop laughing at the back) Leonardo, its time to face facts your dream is over. its time to wake up, It's a New epoch.

Ummm, the whole premise of a "growing economy" - in terms of share of global market - is that it takes away some of the share of others.

The EU (like the UK) is a "mature economy", not a "growing economy", so when you expect it to compete you are comparing apples to oranges, thus making the comparison in order to justify a position unacceptable. If the EU was also a "growing economy" then we might expect it to be able to compete head-to-head with the BRICS nations.

But, as I said, none of the mature economies are able to compete, including the US, so the attempt to justify the "Leave" campaign based off that fails.

Now, if you want to claim "the future is not the EU", then is the "future" membership of BRICS? I might remind you here that "growing economies" only grow until they mature.

Edited by Leonardo

1 hour ago, Leonardo said:

Ummm, the whole premise of a "growing economy" - in terms of share of global market - is that it takes away some of the share of others.

The EU (like the UK) is a "mature economy", not a "growing economy", so when you expect it to compete you are comparing apples to oranges, thus making the comparison in order to justify a position unacceptable. If the EU was also a "growing economy" then we might expect it to be able to compete head-to-head with the BRICS nations.

But, as I said, none of the mature economies are able to compete, including the US, so the attempt to justify the "Leave" campaign based off that fails.

Now, if you want to claim "the future is not the EU", then is the "future" membership of BRICS? I might remind you here that "growing economies" only grow until they mature.

I bet you couldn't keep a straight face when writing that. - So the EU is not growing its global share because its a "mature economy" what a crock of ****. you either don't understand economics or you wilfully ignore the reality trying to defend the EU.

The EU is and remains a expanding political Union, even with this expansion its failed to increase its percentage of the global market. in fact the opposite is true, its been losing its share, Its probably the only recorded instance in History of an expanding "empire"  for the want of a better word - expanding its territory and population/labour force and resulting in losing its global share.  now you can go on pretending or believing its a result of being a "mature market" but its not. 

In 1973 the EEC represented a combined 33% of world share and this was with just 9 EU members and 268 Million people. Today 43 years on with 28 Members and 508million people its 16%. Soon to be 13% with 27 members,( once we leave ). The EU with all its territorial gains, resources and populations captured its still failed to compete on the world stage. - How long does it take the EU to negotiate trade deals. decades if not at all. If little Iceland can negotiate a free trade agreement with China and the EU hasn't negotiated such a deal. The EU in all this time as failed to even negotiate a Free trade agreement with the USA, India, Australia, Brazil, Japan, China etc.. -  what's the EU waiting for? no-wonder Europe is stagnating.  - the EU's deal with Canada has taken 7 years, and now it looks like its going to take a further 3 to 5 years. - But lets pretend its failings are down to the EU being "a Mature market" what an absolute cop-out.

Its the policy of a protectionist Union which is helping cause its demise. examples are everywhere. take the Common Agricultural Policy, 40% of the entire EU's budget spent on it, yet in return CAP only produces 1.5% of EU GDP. - its complete madness.

your last sentence, " Now, if you want to claim "the future is not the EU", then is the "future" membership of BRICS? I might remind you here that "growing economies" only grow until they mature"  - My reply:. First you have to get rid and get out of this mindset of "membership" of being tied down, locked in, We've just voted to Leave the EU, so we are free from the straitjacket, the future is not BRIC's the future is not the EU the future is the World, global trade, being nimble and able as a country to trade with whoever we want. exploiting markets and opportunities as they arise, I've explained this before in a previous post. The same economic & trade winds blow on us all, - markets and economies like waves on a ocean rise and fall, the Future is being able to plot our course, set, the set of the sail and ride those waves of prosperity. 

Regardless of what we write on here, The EU IS DYING from within, those in the EU refuse to reform, refuse to change, If they don't wake up in the face of absolutely misery they've imposed on millions of Europeans, especially those in Southern Europe, high unemployment, especially amongst the youth, Shrinking prosperity, Shrinking GDP, Shrinking Market share and ever increasing debt. At what point will the EU take action and reform as needed, no sign of change, the platitudes from every single EU member leader from the most pro-EU Germanys' Merkel to the the UK's David Cameron state the EU is not perfect it needs reforming. - one of the slogans for the Remain campaign was its better to remain vote remain and reform from within. for the EU to reform it would mean the EU has to become fully democratic, the moment it becomes democratic is the day the EU collapses and that's why it cant and never will reform.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

I bet you couldn't keep a straight face when writing that. - So the EU is not growing its global share because its a "mature economy" what a crock of ****. you either don't understand economics or you wilfully ignore the reality trying to defend the EU.

The EU is and remains a expanding political Union...

Disregarding the rest of your post, which is largely filled with your anti-EU rhetoric and has nothing to do with the point we are debating, there is a difference between an economic and a political entity, one which you seem inclined to ignore to "prove" your point.

Yes, the EU is open to political expansion - but it is not a given that means it will expand it's political borders, or that the overall economy of the region will naturally benefit from that expansion.

I am not "trying to defend the EU", I am posting to dispel some of the misinformation regarding things that others have posted. You posted that "because the share the EU has of the world economy has shrunk since the 1970', this is a good justification for leaving that organisation" - and I refuted that opinion you expressed, pointing out that the rise of other economies is part of the natural order, and that growing economies will always "take market share" from mature economies. It doesn't matter whether that mature economy is the EU or the UK, both will have shrunk in terms of market share since the 1970's due to the growth of economies such as those of the BRICS nations - and that is regardless whether the UK was part of the EU during that time or not.

So your claim as to a justification for the UK leaving the EU - that the EU's market share has shrunk - is just pure poop.

18 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

Disregarding the rest of your post, which is largely filled with your anti-EU rhetoric and has nothing to do with the point we are debating, there is a difference between an economic and a political entity, one which you seem inclined to ignore to "prove" your point.

Yes, the EU is open to political expansion - but it is not a given that means it will expand it's political borders, or that the overall economy of the region will naturally benefit from that expansion.

I am not "trying to defend the EU", I am posting to dispel some of the misinformation regarding things that others have posted. You posted that "because the share the EU has of the world economy has shrunk since the 1970', this is a good justification for leaving that organisation" - and I refuted that opinion you expressed, pointing out that the rise of other economies is part of the natural order, and that growing economies will always "take market share" from mature economies. It doesn't matter whether that mature economy is the EU or the UK, both will have shrunk in terms of market share since the 1970's due to the growth of economies such as those of the BRICS nations - and that is regardless whether the UK was part of the EU during that time or not.

So your claim as to a justification for the UK leaving the EU - that the EU's market share has shrunk - is just pure poop.

Disregard what you like, i know it must be hard for you to read, its not going well for you, first you lost the Referendum and now losing the argument thereafter, the facts remain.

In 1973 the EEC represented a combined 33% of world share and this was with just 9 EU members and 268 Million people. Today 43 years on with 28 Members and 508million people its 16%. Soon to be 13% with 27 members,( once we leave ). The EU with all its territorial gains, resources and populations captured its still failed to compete on the world stage. - How long does it take the EU to negotiate trade deals. decades if not at all. If little Iceland can negotiate a free trade agreement with China and the EU hasn't negotiated such a deal. The EU in all this time as failed to even negotiate a Free trade agreement with the USA, India, Australia, Brazil, Japan, China etc.. -  what's the EU waiting for? no-wonder Europe is stagnating.  - the EU's deal with Canada has taken 7 years, and now it looks like its going to take a further 3 to 5 years. - But lets pretend its failings are down to the EU being "a Mature market" what an absolute cop-out.

Its the policy of a protectionist Union which is helping cause its demise. examples are everywhere. take the Common Agricultural Policy, 40% of the entire EU's budget spent on it, yet in return CAP only produces 1.5% of EU GDP. - its complete madness.

can you attempt to answer the above. you conveniently side step the fact the EU has been expanding, adding to its "mature economy" yet still lost market share, i'll give you a clue, lets just pretend for a moment that the USA joined the EU as a result would the EU's percentage of market share go up or down? 

Justification for leaving, So my claim that its better for the UK to Leave the EU is absolutely justified, why be part of a political union that no-longer serves a purpose. The UK will continue to trade with Europe, the UK has not left Europe. its Leaving the political Union. 

So why hasn't the EU negotiated a free trade agreement with these emerging economies? - So if the UK wanted to negotiate free trade agreements with the emerging economies of this world, as it stands as a member of the EU we are forbidden, we have to forfeit that right as a member of the EU instead we have to sit waiting for the EU to act on our behalf and if they dont we are powerless. and that's not justification for voting to leave the political straitjacket.

Absolute madness that you don't think its a justified reason for the UK to Leave so we can once again conduct our own trade deals with emerging markets.without being subservient to the EU. Also factor in our current trade deficit with the EU, our trade with the EU has fallen from 63% when we first joined to 44% today. oh yes mature economies again isn't it, yeah right. facts remain the EU is on a downward spiral and it as been for some time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

Disregard what you like, i know it must be hard for you to read, its not going well for you, first you lost the Referendum and now losing the argument thereafter, the facts remain.

can you attempt to answer the above. you conveniently side step the fact the EU has been expanding, adding to its "mature economy" yet still lost market share, i'll give you a clue, lets just pretend for a moment that the USA joined the EU as a result would the EU's percentage of market share go up or down? 

Justification for leaving, So my claim that its better for the UK to Leave the EU is absolutely justified, why be part of a political union that no-longer serves a purpose. The UK will continue to trade with Europe, the UK has not left Europe. its Leaving the political Union. 

So why hasn't the EU negotiated a free trade agreement with these emerging economies? - So if the UK wanted to negotiate free trade agreements with the emerging economies of this world, as it stands as a member of the EU we are forbidden, we have to forfeit that right as a member of the EU instead we have to sit waiting for the EU to act on our behalf and if they dont we are powerless. and that's not justification for voting to leave the political straitjacket.

Absolute madness that you don't think its a justified reason for the UK to Leave so we can once again conduct our own trade deals with emerging markets.without being subservient to the EU. Also factor in our current trade deficit with the EU, our trade with the EU has fallen from 63% when we first joined to 44% today. oh yes mature economies again isn't it, yeah right. facts remain the EU is on a downward spiral and it as been for some time.

I have already explained why the EU has "lost market share" - and it's nothing to do with any failure in that organisation, but simply a matter of natural growth in other economies.

As for why the EU doesn't negotiate free trade deals with countries like China, India, Brazil, etc - that is because of various reasons, among which are ethical issues surrounding labour practices in those countries. If you want to ignore how workers (and child labourers) are treated, then by all means just sign away but if you have principles and wish to stand by them, then prolonged negotiations and waiting for labour practices to improve are the only options.

As for negotiations with nations such as the US, well they have their own trade protectionism to look out for, so naturally any deals are going to take some time to negotiate.

You really do not understand how the world works, but argue as if it were a very simple matter, when in fact it is not.

20 hours ago, Leonardo said:

I have already explained why the EU has "lost market share" - and it's nothing to do with any failure in that organisation, but simply a matter of natural growth in other economies.

As for why the EU doesn't negotiate free trade deals with countries like China, India, Brazil, etc - that is because of various reasons, among which are ethical issues surrounding labour practices in those countries. If you want to ignore how workers (and child labourers) are treated, then by all means just sign away but if you have principles and wish to stand by them, then prolonged negotiations and waiting for labour practices to improve are the only options.

As for negotiations with nations such as the US, well they have their own trade protectionism to look out for, so naturally any deals are going to take some time to negotiate.

You really do not understand how the world works, but argue as if it were a very simple matter, when in fact it is not.

So, we have a instance of the EU Expanding into territories and by doing so increasing its population size and resources available - Yet it fails to increase its global market share. - It has to be the only recorded instance in history of such a failed project of expansion. Its absolutely remarkable you wont face the truth of the matter.

I' asked you the question if the USA joined the EU would the EU's market share go up or down as a result. obviously you didn't want to answer because by doing so contradicts yourself. 

As for answering why hasn't the EU signed a free trade agreement with the "emerging and big Economies"  I'll agree there are some road blocks to the likes of China, India for reasons you mentioned workers rights, pay and conditions, exploitation. etc.. But then we have to ask the question, does the likes of Vietnam, Ghana, Niger, Nigeria, Uganda, Mali, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Lebanon, and Jordan to name a few all have better workers rights and good governance? yet these countries are offered trade Agreements by the EU. agreements not offered to Australia, New Zealand, Japan etc.. all countries with good governance rule of law and excellent workers rights. So i ask again. why hasn't the EU offered these countries deals. Much is made of the 52 countries the EU has struck varying trade agreements with. it sounds impressive, but has anyone ever actually looked at the list? It seems the EU is excellent negotiating with failed, corrupt despot and minnow states. Where are the big boys?

21px-Flag_of_Albania.svg.png Albania          
23px-Flag_of_Algeria.svg.png Algeria          
22px-Flag_of_Andorra.svg.png Andorra          
23px-Flag_of_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina.svg. Bosnia and Herzegovina          
23px-Flag_of_Chile.svg.png Chile          
23px-Flag_of_Egypt.svg.png Egypt          
21px-Flag_of_the_Faroe_Islands.svg.png Faroe Islands          
23px-Flag_of_Georgia.svg.png Georgia          
23px-Flag_of_Guernsey.svg.png Bailiwick of Guernsey          
21px-Flag_of_Iceland.svg.png Iceland          
23px-Flag_of_the_Isle_of_Man.svg.png Isle of Man          
21px-Flag_of_Israel.svg.png Israel          
23px-Flag_of_Jersey.svg.png Bailiwick of Jersey          
23px-Flag_of_Jordan.svg.png Jordan          
21px-Flag_of_Kosovo.svg.png Kosovo          
23px-Flag_of_Lebanon.svg.png Lebanon          
23px-Flag_of_Liechtenstein.svg.png Liechtenstein          
23px-Flag_of_Macedonia.svg.png Republic of Macedonia          
23px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png Mexico          
23px-Flag_of_Moldova.svg.png Moldova          
19px-Flag_of_Monaco.svg.png Monaco          
23px-Flag_of_Montenegro.svg.png Montenegro          
23px-Flag_of_Morocco.svg.png Morocco          
21px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png Norway          
23px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png EU's Overseas Countries and Territories          
23px-Flag_of_Palestine.svg.png Palestinian Authority          
20px-Flag_of_San_Marino.svg.png San Marino          
23px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png Serbia          
23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png South Africa          
23px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png South Korea          
16px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png  Switzerland          
23px-Flag_of_Tunisia.svg.png Tunisia          

23px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png Turkey

Eastern and Southern Africa States
23px-Flag_of_the_Comoros.svg.png Comoros[e]
23px-Flag_of_Madagascar.svg.png Madagascar
23px-Flag_of_Mozambique.svg.png Mozambique[e]
23px-Flag_of_Mauritius.svg.png Mauritius
23px-Flag_of_Seychelles.svg.png Seychelles
23px-Flag_of_Zambia.svg.png Zambia[e]
23px-Flag_of_Zimbabwe.svg.png Zimbabwe

Central America
23px-Flag_of_Costa_Rica.svg.png Costa Rica
23px-Flag_of_Guatemala.svg.png Guatemala
23px-Flag_of_Honduras.svg.png Honduras
23px-Flag_of_Nicaragua.svg.png Nicaragua
23px-Flag_of_Panama.svg.png Panama
23px-Flag_of_El_Salvador.svg.png El Salvador

23px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png Colombia
23px-Flag_of_Peru.svg.png Peru

23px-Flag_of_Cameroon.svg.png Cameroon[f]          
23px-Flag_of_Ukraine.svg.png Ukraine          

23px-Flag_of_C%C3%B4te_d%27Ivoire.svg.pn Côte d'Ivoire          
23px-Flag_of_Botswana.svg.png Botswana
23px-Flag_of_Lesotho.svg.png Lesotho
23px-Flag_of_Mozambique.svg.png Mozambique
23px-Flag_of_Namibia.svg.png Namibia
23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png South Africa
23px-Flag_of_Swaziland.svg.png Swaziland

23px-Flag_of_Benin.svg.png Benin
23px-Flag_of_Burkina_Faso.svg.png Burkina Faso
23px-Flag_of_Cape_Verde.svg.png Cape Verde
23px-Flag_of_C%C3%B4te_d%27Ivoire.svg.pn Ivory Coast
23px-Flag_of_The_Gambia.svg.png Gambia
23px-Flag_of_Ghana.svg.png Ghana
23px-Flag_of_Guinea.svg.png Guinea
23px-Flag_of_Guinea-Bissau.svg.png Guinea-Bissau
23px-Flag_of_Liberia.svg.png Liberia
23px-Flag_of_Mali.svg.png Mali
18px-Flag_of_Niger.svg.png Niger
23px-Flag_of_Nigeria.svg.png Nigeria
23px-Flag_of_Senegal.svg.png Senegal
23px-Flag_of_Sierra_Leone.svg.png Sierra Leone
23px-Flag_of_Togo.svg.png Togo
23px-Flag_of_Mauritania.svg.png Mauritania

23px-Flag_of_Ecuador.svg.png Ecuador          
23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada          
23px-Flag_of_Singapore.svg.png Singapore          
23px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png Vietnam          

23px-Flag_of_Burundi.svg.png Burundi
23px-Flag_of_Kenya.svg.png Kenya
23px-Flag_of_Rwanda.svg.png Rwanda
23px-Flag_of_Tanzania.svg.png Tanzania
23px-Flag_of_Uganda.svg.png Uganda

Its clear from the List above by the absence of the major world economies and players that the EU sees them as rivals, and whose surprised by that? The EU is after all first and foremost a protectionist Union. clinging to a outdated trade model unfit for the 21st century global economy. its a damn disgrace that the EU has put up barriers up to the world and sat on its hands when it comes to the real economies of the world. The EU has taken 7 years to negotiate with Canada. and now its going to be  voted on by Member states which if we use the south Korean model as an example, it could take a further 3 to 5 years to ratify, meaning its taken the EU 10+ years to negotiate, it took both Iceland and Switzerland 2 years with China. and still you refuse to understand why the EU is failing. its no good in the 21st century to take a decade to strike trade deals. it took the UK only 15 months in 1973 to disentangle its trade agreements with the commonwealth and the world in order to join comply with EEC/EU membership.

The facts remain, the EU despite expansion as seen its global share of trade fall from 33% 1973 16% today. despite boosting its internal market from 280 million people in 1973 to 508million people in 2016 its seen UK trade with the EU fall from 63% in 1973 to 44% in 2015. and the downward trend is set to continue. Europe's population is in terminal decline. something it has to sure-up by mass immigration and further expansion is needed. #All Welcome. But the EU is not failing, yeah right. Its over for the EU. the rot as set in, and the good people of the UK voted to Leave this god forsaken mess behind.

natural-rate-of-population-growth-by-con

Edited by stevewinn

It is worth noting that of those you list Steve - 25 have not been signed into effect. It just takes a 1 nation in the EU to veto such an agreement for whatever reason and it means that no other EU Nations gets to trade freely with these countries.

Lets add to that list that only 5 Free Trade Agreements have been signed and it shows quite nicely how inept the EU negotiators really are.

• Like 2

It seems South Korea didn't get the memo,  the fools have only gone on record stating: they want to sign a trade deal with the United Kingdom. they want to start negotiations now so when we leave the EU everything is place: apparently if we Leave the EU we'd sink into the abyss, back of the queue and no-one will want to sign trade deals, so far 11 countries have stepped forward, including India, China. There is now a queue forming to do a trade deal with the UK.

George Osborne is off to the USA today to drum up trade deals, before flying to Asia. over the coming months it'll be interesting to see the outcome.

SOUTH KOREA has joined the race to tie-up a major free trade deal with the UK in the wake of its exit from the European Union.

The Asian nation - the 11th richest country in the world - has launched a push for new ties with the UK as soon as the country has exited the EU, according to the national broadcaster KBS.

The decision to begin the landmark process was made during a meeting of ministers on Friday, chaired by Finance Minister Yoo Il-ho.

Yoo Il-ho warned there may be a "prolonged effect" from Brexit but told ministers negotiations and trade talks with the UK should not be dragged out.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/688053/South-Korea-post-brexit-UK-trade-deal-Government-Australia-Canada-Germany-New-Zealand

How many of these "new deals" are simply renegotiation of deals that already existed while Britain was part of the EU, but now have to be changed to reflect the UK's upcoming, non-EU, position?

6 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

How many of these "new deals" are simply renegotiation of deals that already existed while Britain was part of the EU, but now have to be changed to reflect the UK's upcoming, non-EU, position?

nearly every single deal is the answer. After all we do currently trade with the world. but sadly hindered under many EU rules, even though the EU trades with China. India, and the USA under WTO rules. Meaning these re-negotiated deals can now be used to build upon and push home to our advantage, So while the EU sits on its hands trading under WTO, refusing to offer varying degrees of free trade / trade agreements we can now negotiate our own deals. Gone are the days when we are restricted by 27 other members. - It also proves all these countries queuing up see a strong, stable UK economy. apparently we should be getting shunned by the world. Its all rather marvellous. one by one the scare tactics of project fear are being dispelled.