Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dad records 'ghost' in deserted playground

UM-Bot

In other news Dad sinks to new low, scaring his kids out of playing at playground with cheap tricks.

Edited by TripGun

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 7:37 AM, preacherman76 said:

To me, it's the little girls reaction that makes me think they didn't fake it. She looked like she was truly amazed

She's a little kid. They get amazed/frightened at just about anything, my mom used to babysit little kids, they would get awed every time they saw something new or unexplainable. That's kinda how kids are.

On 06/07/2016 at 7:26 PM, soakka said:

hey someone look at the chains and tell me if it looks like someone is using them to keep the swing going. and as for the wind in order for it to go that hard you would have to of heard the wind through the guys window and the other swings would be doing the same. just look at the chains.

Having not seen the video(the replies do it enough justice), your expecting wind noise through the window of a car? Depending on the angle of the car to the wind would determine the amount of wind noise heard. 

On 06/07/2016 at 8:26 PM, preacherman76 said:

Yea its definitely not the wind. The wind was sporadic. You can see the tree behind the car when the camera was faced towards the guy, and that tree isn't moving at all. Even when you see the other trees moving, you can tell its not consistent. Yet the swing is moving consistently. Doesn't slow down at all.  

Regardless of the wind being sporadic, the swing is a suspended weight and carries momentum. Just because the wind is not a constant force, doesn't mean the swing will move in relation to the wind. 

Blow onto any suspended weight and it will continue to move with or without force on it. It will eventually stop of course but the wind rarely stops so the swing will move at a relatively constant rate. 

• 3 months later...

People please- just take a moment and watch again, paying particular attention to some of the bushes in the background. The wind is not just blowing, it's blowing pretty hard! So the assertion from the Dad that "there is no wind" is totally false. It's just aerodynamics. There was a similar swing phenomenon at a park near where I grew up. Only one swing would swing, but it only occurred when the wind was "just right." And the swing in this video is a different shape and size than the others, so it has different aerodynamic properties. I understand that people really really want to believe that they have seen something paranormal, but enthusiasm tempers judgment sometimes. I am a skeptic, but I am also a full believer in the paranormal, as I had my own paranormal experience. This is not paranormal folks. Watch the bushes