Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chilcot Inquiry

Duke Wellington

Conversation with Bush where Blair said he would be with him "whatever" 8 months before the invasion.

'Policy on Iraq was made on the basis of flawed intelligence and assessments'

Blair led us into war before 'peaceful options for disarmament had been exhausted'

Blair decided Iraq had weapons of mass destruction based on intelligence 'with a certainty that was not justified'

and more......

Seems an open and closed case that he's a war criminal.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

'Policy on Iraq was made on the basis of deliberately flawed intelligence and assessments'

Hope you don't mind, but I made one slight correction. :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Clair said:

Hope you don't mind, but I made one slight correction. :)

That should be for a judge to decide.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

That should be for a judge to decide.

It's well known that much of the intelligence was deliberately skewed in an attempt to portray Iraq as a dangerous and imminent threat,

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Clair said:

It's well known that much of the intelligence was deliberately skewed in an attempt to portray Iraq as a dangerous and imminent threat,

That may well be so but its for Parliament to rule later today if he should stand trial and then for a judge to determine if he is a war criminal.

Due process has to occur, no lynch mobs, even if thats what he deserves.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

That may well be so but its for Parliament to rule later today if he should stand trial and then for a judge to determine if he is a war criminal.

Due process has to occur, no lynch mobs, even if thats what he deserves.

Agreed. Chilcot's report is brutally damning, so it will be interesting to see what happens next.

Id like to know WHY its taken what, 13 years to get this report?

13 YEARS? Even mass murderers are sentenced within a year.....

So they killed one alleged tyrant.....which gave birth to thousands of much worse ISIS

Nothing will come of this report, the Media are bigging it up like its a sensation but the information contained and the findings coming out are of no surprise we've known ourselves for years. millions of wasted pounds on something we could have told them. Bliar is never going to be held to account, his get out of jail card is the "false intelligence" he received. Even the lack ofmilitary supplies and equipment for the troops will be blamed on the MoD department. Bliar will continue to be the media darling and the multimillionaire he's become in the wake of being a b******.

• Like 4

And like Hillary, Blair too denies he lied. He and Bush are slime. Next time they want to kill a tyrant, send in the Navy Seals and get it over with. The Chilton inquiry was too little too late and nothing will come of it. A measly apology from Blair, and life goes on.

2 hours ago, Clair said:

And like Hillary, Blair too denies he lied. He and Bush are slime. Next time they want to kill a tyrant, send in the Navy Seals and get it over with. The Chilton inquiry was too little too late and nothing will come of it. A measly apology from Blair, and life goes o

A little slip courtesy of our good friend Dr Freud there..?

Edited by Setton
  • Like 2

Just now, Clair said:

Oh yeah for sure. :lol:

Oh you understood it. Just realised I'd made a weird mash of Hillary and Clinton and believed her name was Hilton. It's late and I'm ill that's my excuse. Genuinely didn't think anyone would understand it :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Setton said:

Oh you understood it. Just realised I'd made a weird mash of Hillary and Clinton and believed her name was Hilton. It's late and I'm ill that's my excuse. Genuinely didn't think anyone would understand it :P

I read it as a Chilcot-Clinton mash. But yeah I can understand how the late hour would have you confuse her with that other blonde airhead.

• Like 1

Chilcot plainly set out the case, evident from the memo's he quoted, that the reason Blair and Bush wanted a war in Iraq was for the purpose of regime change, and the excuse of "WMD's" was purely a legal pretense.

Blair and Bush wanted a crusade in the ME to "westernise" the region.

Blair's comments on the report are repugnant, and he once again portrays himself as the narrow-minded, self-serving, self-important prick we have realised he is. He cries about his "regrets", presumably so we will all feel sympathetic towards him and therefore excuse his crimes.

He instigated an illegal war of aggression, and should be tried for that. While I hope that will happen, the cynic in me tells me he will get off scot-free because there are too many current politicians who are still tied to his ship, and also that indicting Blair would set a "dangerous precedent that all politicians should be held accountable for their decisions". Perish the thought! :rolleyes:

Edited by Leonardo

Perhaps one thing that showed Blair's legacy more than anything was the truly embarrassing behaviour of his tame puppies on the backbenches who had the sheer lack of dignity to heckle J. Corbyn during his speech. "You're a disgrace!" trumpeted some fool called Ian Austin (Dudley N). "Shut up! not true!". Remember this was Corbyn they accusing of being a disgrace, not Blair. And some other twerp called Mike Gapes blustered that Corbyn's apology was "not in my name". So you want your name to be associated with the criminal Blair then? Well, you're quite welcome for it to be, you stupid little turd.

It's all good and proper having this inquiry but does it have any teeth? Is there a mechanism in place to prosecute those found guilty... I'm betting no there isn't and the British deep state wins again. 

John Prescott (then deputy PM and now Lord..) has come down heavily against Blair and is distancing himself
from it all - NOW ---- but at the time he went along with it  - 

"In 2004, the UN secretary-general Kofi Annan said that as regime change was the prime aim of the Iraq War, it was illegal.

"With great sadness and anger, I now believe him to be right."

Lord Prescott said the Chilcot report was a "damning indictment of how the Blair government handled the war - and I take my fair share of blame".

"As the deputy prime minister in that Government I must express my fullest apology, especially to the families of the 179 men and women who gave their lives in the Iraq War."

He also welcomed current Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn's decision to apologise on behalf of the party for the war.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/chilcot-report-john-prescott-says-tony-blair-led-uk-into-illegal-war-in-iraq-a7129106.html

hmmmmm --- too little too late..?...but at least he's said it now - if a miracle happens and Blair gets done for any of it would Prescott also be in the firing line..?....

Edited by bee

he is saying the cabinet weren't given enough information - - - (same link as above I had to split the post because the formatting went to pot -)

Lord Prescott said he had concerns about the way Mr Blair ran his government, with Cabinet ministers given "too little paper documentation" to make decisions.

He also said intelligence reports were based on "discussions at receptions and prejudiced sources", amounting to "tittle-tattle, not hard evidence".

"We now learn from Chilcot that even the intelligence agencies warned of the inadequacies or reliability of such intelligence sources," Lord Prescott said.

"But these concerns were never referred to in any of the intelligence documents given to the Cabinet."