Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you ever met anyone from this forum?

LostSouls7

Have any of you ever met anyone from this forum in person? Would you? If could who would you meet?

I would want to meet all the magical people, Wizards, witches etc. Or just anyone with wisdom and fun times to share.

Perhaps a drink or to also.

• Like 1

Nope. And I aim to keep it that way.... :rofl: ^_^ :lol: Actually... eventually, who knows? :tu:

I did have one guy who was REALLY into Bigfoot want to talk to me in person... desperately. It was kind of creepy, edging on scary.

There are many, many people I'd enjoy meeting in real life, if for nothing other then a meal and light discussion.

• Like 4

Wow a guy who was into big foot wanted to meet you badly on here?
that is quite spooky!

Yeah when they ask for real personal info it raises a red flag.

I only met one person in person on the net. But talked on the phone with a few.

The safest way is to get to know them really well on the phone and or if you know people who know them.

Even then just give maybe a first name and meet in a public place with lots of people.

Your story is kind of creepy. wow

• Like 2

What creeps me is the assumption that meeting someone you converse with here, is somehow likely to be dangerous, why would that be the case ?

• Like 1

Disappointing, maybe, but probably not dangerous.  There are however a few who post here who show signs of derangement, and I would certainly avoid meeting them.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Habitat said:

What creeps me is the assumption that meeting someone you converse with here, is somehow likely to be dangerous, why would that be the case ?

What could that possibly mean?

-Richard Ramirez

• Like 1

One should keep in mind that the person one is meeting may not be the person you have met on line.  Still, I think it more important that one maintain some anonymity on line just because of the criminals who don't post but do watch.  For example I never put down a correct birth date (although my age is accurate) nor do I use my real name, and as for where I am, I keep it vague.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

One should keep in mind that the person one is meeting may not be the person you have met on line.  Still, I think it more important that one maintain some anonymity on line just because of the criminals who don't post but do watch.  For example I never put down a correct birth date (although my age is accurate) nor do I use my real name, and as for where I am, I keep it vague.

You are very wise! I often think how people can post their real names, pictures, city, and even phone numbers on facebook. Like you said criminals don't always post on these sites but do watch. Yes I think online we should not share our real info, or everything about us. I did take the rick of meeting someone for the net once, and I am glad I am still alive. and everything was fun and turned out quite lovely. Then i think i could have been body parts in the trunk of a car and eaten by cannibals. But that did not happen!

19 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

Disappointing, maybe, but probably not dangerous.  There are however a few who post here who show signs of derangement, and I would certainly avoid meeting them.

You show ample signs of jumping to conclusions, and not always the right ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

You show ample signs of jumping to conclusions, and not always the right ones.

I am inclined, considering how nasty you go out of your way to try to be, to jump to the conclusion that you are an unhappy person.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

I am inclined, considering how nasty you go out of your way to try to be, to jump to the conclusion that you are an unhappy person.

no, I consider I am pretty lucky to be where I'm at in life, and if you had not implied some kind of mental instability on my part on several occasions, you'd not be getting such replies.

3 hours ago, Habitat said:

no, I consider I am pretty lucky to be where I'm at in life, and if you had not implied some kind of mental instability on my part on several occasions, you'd not be getting such replies.

I "implied" mental instability.  Maybe you are paranoid, or maybe you take things too personally when someone disagrees with you.  I really have no idea what you are talking about.

On 7/8/2016 at 3:40 AM, LostSouls7 said:

Yeah when they ask for real personal info it raises a red flag.

I only met one person in person on the net. But talked on the phone with a few.

The safest way is to get to know them really well on the phone and or if you know people who know them.

Even then just give maybe a first name and meet in a public place with lots of people.

Your story is kind of creepy. wow

Meeting any stranger, you always have to careful.  And they might be who they say they are. 

I private message at times. I never met anyone I didn't know from UM online. I have come across two people I already  knew who I guessed their identify and they guessed mine. That was cool. 

I was contacted by a few derranged posters. One  kept changing UM profiles as new member and kept asking for personal information and wanted to meet me. Very scary. 

Not all online meets are bad if you get to know them well by phone first. One of my uncles met his last wife online through a Christian site because he wanted someone with his same views of faith. She was from another country. They met with family on visits then got married in US. Online has replaced the old pen pals concept and you get to know each other faster. 

Myself, I have shared personal email and names with two UM members same sex ,no problems, just a way to remain in contact since both were quitting UM membership but wanted to stay in contact as friends. We are from different countries. 

• Like 2

There are a few with whom I have made friends with over the last few years that I would consider meeting. 

• Like 3

There are members I'd like to meet and have a drink with, as for actually meeting anyone no I haven't. I did however meet my fiancé through an online dating site back in 2012, we met in public and had been talking for 12 days before meeting face to face. I came across some people on the online dating site I was on who I'm glad I was able to block for different reasons, for me clearly it worked out good

• Like 3

On 7/9/2016 at 8:46 AM, White Unicorn said:

Meeting any stranger, you always have to careful.  And they might be who they say they are. 

I private message at times. I never met anyone I didn't know from UM online. I have come across two people I already  knew who I guessed their identify and they guessed mine. That was cool. 

I was contacted by a few derranged posters. One  kept changing UM profiles as new member and kept asking for personal information and wanted to meet me. Very scary. 

Not all online meets are bad if you get to know them well by phone first. One of my uncles met his last wife online through a Christian site because he wanted someone with his same views of faith. She was from another country. They met with family on visits then got married in US. Online has replaced the old pen pals concept and you get to know each other faster. 

Myself, I have shared personal email and names with two UM members same sex ,no problems, just a way to remain in contact since both were quitting UM membership but wanted to stay in contact as friends. We are from different countries. 

Yes i have only met one person online from the net. There are a few friends I know from facebook, and on my cell phone. I would meet because I know them for years. People can vouch for who they really are etc. But I am very careful about meeting shady people, especially if they ask for my info. There are a few people I'd meet from this site, but once again in a open public place. then take it from there.

I would meet in a public place, like every body here should meet in one big  place expcet for the bigfoot stalker lol

• Like 2

I've met a couple of people from UM IRL

• Like 6

On 07/07/2016 at 5:48 AM, LostSouls7 said:

Have any of you ever met anyone from this forum in person?

Yes I have. We've been friends now for almost six years all thanks to UM. I also know two others in real life, but I already knew them before I even joined.

• Like 4

Nope, haven't met anyone from UM. I may eventually meet a person or two, ya never know what might happen. But in general I'm not a meeting online folks sort of person, I was burned a couple times in the past and tend not to be forward about that sort of thing now.

• Like 1

No I haven't but there are a lot of people from here id love to meet and hope I can one day!! 

• Like 2

meeting people would be awesome...if they are who they say they are. I have encountered a lot of crazy stuff in my time online, but i have met 1 online friend before, it was awesome, we had a great time together. he was the only one I have met irl for good reason, he proved himself to be a great friend to me. there are some cool people here id like to meet, although, i like to have fun so you gotta be ready to dance or do some karaoke! :)

• Like 1