Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lynx on the loose after escaping from zoo

Still Waters

Police have warned people not to approach a lynx which has escaped from its zoo enclosure.

Dartmoor Zoological Park raised the alarm that the animal – the size of a large domestic cat – had escaped at 10.20am on Thursday.

The two-year-old male lynx, a wild cat that is grey/silver in colour, is thought to have left the grounds of the zoo near Plymouth.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/look-lynx-escaped-enclosure-dartmoor-120951569.html?nhp=1

• Like 4

I was driving earlier and heard this on the news,

Could we be seeing another "I saw something strange, like a big cat thing" again on here soon?

If so = we are already on it. :tu:

• Like 1

Experts looking for a two-year-old lynx that has been on the run since Thursday have drafted in the help of his mother.

Noises made by the escaped wildcat's parent will be played on speakers across Dartmoor in the hope it will draw the animal out of hiding, according to staff at Dartmoor Zoological Park.

http://news.sky.com/story/escaped-lynxs-mum-used-to-lure-missing-wildcat-10498981

• Like 2

On 7/11/2016 at 0:53 PM, Still Waters said:

Wow,  seems like a bit much for something the size of an average cat..still a juvenile.

Why can't people be more careful when looking after these animals? I'm worried now that it could be hurt or that someone's found it and is keeping it.

• 3 weeks later...