Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tell my why you think moon landings were fake

grimsituation6

On 28.7.2016 at 11:58 AM, ChrLzs said:

That design allowed maximum coverage for the foil, maximum flexibility and a variable gap (it was deliberately crumpled in many areas) - all adding up to the most efficient protection from heat input (from the sun), and heat loss (in the shadows). 

I never understood why Hoaxers can't grasp a concept that is introduced to teenagers

http://www.schoolphysics.co.uk/age11-14/Heat energy/Transfer of heat energy/text/Vacuum_flask/index.html

Just replace that blue liqiud with two stick figures for the astronauts...

On 28.7.2016 at 11:58 AM, ChrLzs said:

And yet one of the common complaints from ignorant Apollo deniers is that it looks 'flimsy'....  They will grasp at any ridiculous straw even if it makes them look very foolish to real engineers..

I'm an accountant and even i think it makes them look foolish :-)

I have yet to see any kind of (unfacedeskworthy) explanation how the fakers came to the conclusion they could get away with that "flimsy looking LM".

37 minutes ago, rambaldi said:

I have yet to see any kind of (unfacedeskworthy) explanation how the fakers came to the conclusion they could get away with that "flimsy looking LM".

I have a suspicion that the hoax believers think that real life spacecrafts have to look something like the spacecrafts they see in movies. Here is an example of what I mean:  

4 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I have a suspicion that the hoax believers think that real life spacecrafts have to look something like the spacecrafts they see in movies. Here is an example of what I mean:  

I'v always thought that would be a cool idea. For the next generation of manned ships designed to Boldly Go, etc, they could design them in all sorts of iconic styles. The Enterprise, the Millennium Falcon, a Star Destroyer; I'd like to see the Liberator from Blake's 7. 

liberator_by_axeman3d-d4wzss7.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

I'v always thought that would be a cool idea. For the next generation of manned ships designed to Boldly Go, etc, they could design them in all sorts of iconic styles. The Enterprise, the Millennium Falcon, a Star Destroyer; I'd like to see the Liberator from Blake's 7. 

liberator_by_axeman3d-d4wzss7.jpg

Dammit, you have forced me down nostalgia lane. Such a cool design.

On 28.7.2016 at 8:19 AM, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

You seem very determined to give teh Russkies as little credit as possible. 

Maybe his first car was a Lada. :whistle:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, toast said:

Maybe his first car was a Lada. :whistle:

Mine was a Renault 10, so I can relate...  (They were sort of like a Lada, but had a bit more character...)

39 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Mine was a Renault 10, so I can relate...  (They were sort of like a Lada, but had a bit more character...)

Sorry dude but I can top that in relation to the worst lemon ever, mine was a SIMCA1000. This car was a rotten son of a dustbin and even the 70s technology of these french #@&/!-cars were developed by a bunch of drunken freaks. I remember a night in the winter when all cars were covered with snow. So I brushed away the snow from the car, entered it and started. I had to wait at a traffic light and looked around me inside the car and thought: Hmm. The interior is of brown color. 2 hours ago it was in black. Hmm. Hell, thats not my SIMCA! Means, I tooked the wrong car but the keys matched perfectly.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

Take your pick: 

comparison_medium.png

Many more here: http://www.st-minutiae.com/resources/comparison/

• Like 1

So, it's charts you want?

Here's my favorite two images of all time - I've linked them rather than embedded, because they are rather large, esp. the first one...:

Apollo Lunar Landing Mission Profile - this (now-digitally enhanced) amazing chart was developed in May 1967, more than two years before Apollo 11 actually went ahead and did it... Nevertheless, it is almost spot on when you compare everything, even the timings, with the actual mission.  If you have a humungous printer or are prepared to do some stitching, this will create a wonderfully sharp poster up to about 6 feet (2 meters) wide!  Refer here for more information - you can legally print this for personal use as it is in the public domain - just don't try to sell it for profit..

The Saturn V, A complete 'cutaway' that gives a wonderful and easily understandable description of what is without doubt the finest rocket ever designed and put into service.  Not as big as the previous image, but still prints to a fine poster!

Many more posters and other Apollo memorabilia here..

I have both of those framed. They look great.

This thread has wandered so far off topic as to be no longer fit for purpose.

Closed.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked