Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The 2nd Amendment - A Defense Against Tyranny

Raptor Witness

The killing of five police officers last night in Dallas, TX, while very sad and despicable, sets a new bar for the 2nd Amendment.

The thing that amazes me the most, isn't that African Americans have finally decided to fight back with lethal efficiency, is that it took this long for the war to begin. After all, the whole original purpose of having all these guns, isn't to hunt for food, or to defend yourself against criminals. No, that's not the purpose of the 2nd Amendment, at all.

The purpose of the 2nd Amendment is for the exact reason Micah Xavier Johnson apparently used his weapon. It's a defense against tyranny.

The truth is, innocent African American citizens are being murdered in ever increasing numbers in the United States, and no elected authority is doing anything to stop it.

Until the police learn to police themselves, and get rid of the bad applies who are killing "The People," these citizens have every right under the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution to defend themselves. because at this point, the killing of African American civilians has arguably reached tyrannical levels.

I don't blame the Black Lives Matter movement for using violence, because the 2nd Amendment gives them that right. It doesn't mean I agree with it, but I get it.

Which raises a most important question, how can the rapid Right in the United States get the 2nd Amendment, but not get it's implementation?

Speaking of the rapid Right, the 2nd Amendment reminds me of something that Jesus Christ said.

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

Given this statement, how many swords do you suppose it it will take, before tyranny is officially over?

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 3

Like like like.  I just posted about this same exact thing.  It's all talk from the right about gun control, until it is actually someone standing up against the tyranny of the government.  Then it is a racist VETERAN just wanting to shoot some white people.  What is more tyrannical that those that are slated TO PROTECT AND SERVE us, killing us?  Just to be clear, I am CURRENTLY law enforcement, but, if I was to act the way police are acting in Iraq and Afghanistan (in which I spent nearly 4 years) I would be rotting in Leavenworth.  Call me what you want.  I have served in the military, I am CURRENTLY law enforcement.  But, we all knew there was a breaking point, and talking about this at work today, not many are surprised.  It doesn't take more than the disgusting deeds of a few for us all to be seen as the enemy.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

The killing of five police officers last night in Dallas, TX, while very sad and despicable, sets a new bar for the 2nd Amendment.

No it does not. The intent of the 2nd Amendment was never to protect the rights of idiot jerk-faces with a chip on their shoulder.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, supervike said:

The logic is flawed, because 'America' is not targeting blacks.

We have a police problem being to quick on the gun....but it DOES NOT only extend to black america.  It's only perceived that way because the national media and the outrage is only there in cases of blacks being killed.

Black men are still FAR FAR more likely to be killed by another black man than a cop.  This isn't to excuse cop behavior.  Things are being done about the problem.  More training, more body cams, etc, etc.

But, to continue to preach this narrative that black men are being systematically murdered by a sanctioning government is disingenuous , dangerous, and a flat out falsehood.

Stop spreading that.  Stop inspiring people to take up arms for a lie.

No, not systemically murdered.  Read my other post about this, please.  It is the underlying fear of being more scared of a black man than a white man in a suit.  The completely law abiding citizen, BLACK in MN states that he has a legal weapon in the car, reaches for his info, and gets shot four times.  Say what you want..but, the guy had ZERO priors, and a busted tailight.  Clearly he wasn't reaching for a gun to shoot the cop.  If that was a white guy saying he had a CCW permit, he wouldn't have been shot.  These cops need more training, and need to be more involved in the community in which they are working.  That is just a start to the solution.

• Like 4

Just now, Agent0range said:

No, not systemically murdered.  Read my other post about this, please.  It is the underlying fear of being more scared of a black man than a white man in a suit.  The completely law abiding citizen, BLACK in MN states that he has a legal weapon in the car, reaches for his info, and gets shot four times.  Say what you want..but, the guy had ZERO priors, and a busted tailight.  Clearly he wasn't reaching for a gun to shoot the cop.  If that was a white guy saying he had a CCW permit, he wouldn't have been shot.  These cops need more training, and need to be more involved in the community in which they are working.  That is just a start to the solution.

Yes.  This I completely agree with and that is a good starting point.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

The thing that amazes me the most, isn't that African Americans have finally decided to fight back with lethal efficiency, is that it took this long for the war to begin. After all, the whole original purpose of having all these guns, isn't to hunt for food, or to defend yourself against criminals. No, that's not the purpose of the 2nd Amendment, at all.

The purpose of the 2nd Amendment is for the exact reason Micah Xavier Johnson apparently used his weapon. It's a defense against tyranny.

The truth is, innocent African American citizens are being murdered in ever increasing numbers in the United States, and no elected authority is doing anything to stop it.

Until the police learn to police themselves, and get rid of the bad applies who are killing "The People," these citizens have every right under the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution to defend themselves. because at this point, the killing of African American civilians has arguably reached tyrannical levels.

I don't blame the Black Lives Matter movement for using violence, because the 2nd Amendment gives them that right. It doesn't mean I agree with it, but I get it.

Which raises a most important question, how can the rapid Right in the United States get the 2nd Amendment, but not get it's implementation?

Speaking of the rapid Right, the 2nd Amendment reminds me of something that Jesus Christ said.

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

Given this statement, how many swords do you suppose it it will take, before tyranny is officially over?

Dude...the idiot committed murder, it wasn't about self-defense.  It has nothing to do with defense against tyranny, or this alleged war your mentioned.

Geez educate yourself before making such a post in the future.  You're condoning murder is what you're doing.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 6

There's a difference between defending yourself against someone who is actually trying to kill you...and sniping at unsuspecting and innocent people. 

• Like 5

Here's a question.  If anyone does rise up ala the 2nd amendment, how would anyone tell the difference between that and mere murder?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

Oh geez. Can it even be possible that the 2nd Amendment fanatics are trying to own Jesus, too?

The dude also said turn the other cheek. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Actually it is. That was his stated intent! This was just plain murder and not a rise to tyranny.

Actually, he said he stated he PREFERRED to shoot white officers.  According to THE OFFICERS.  If people weren't senselessy murdered, would this have occured?  He didn't only shoot white officers, by the way.

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Here's a question.  If anyone does rise up ala the 2nd amendment, how would anyone tell the difference between that and mere murder?

That's a tough question but this wasn't it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Agent0range said:

Actually, he said he stated he PREFERRED to shoot white officers.  According to THE OFFICERS.  If people weren't senselessy murdered, would this have occured?  He didn't only shoot white officers, by the way.

I thought it was actually the negotiator who had the long convo with him where he said all that stuff. 

38 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

What is more tyrannical that those that are slated TO PROTECT AND SERVE us, killing us?

Well if police are indeed the tyrants and you think blacks have a right to take up arms against them, then I suggest you tell those blacks to get to the back of the line, because (in 2015) police killed twice as many whites as they did blacks. Oh and by the way, more blacks kill cops than are killed by cops.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Clair said:

Well if police are indeed the tyrants and you think blacks have a right to take up arms against them, then I suggest you tell those blacks to get to the back of the line, because (in 2015) police killed twice as many whites as they did blacks. Oh and by the way, more blacks kill cops than are killed by cops.

Again, Clair, you are barking up the wrong tree here.  I am law enforcement.  I don't care what statistic you throw at me, I see the systemic racism on a daily basis.  So, quote your right wing website..congratulations.  There are still more than twice as many white guys in the US that black guys.  Sure, throw out how many more black guys commit crimes than black guys.  When you look at socio-economic data, then the crime rate remains around the same no matter what the race is.  Not gonna lie, as a middle class (does that even exist anymore?) white male, if I had to rob a bank or sell drugs to support my family, I probably would.

5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

It's not like police have all gone out of control rogue and are shooting up blacks left right and center. So what's there to rise up about? Seriously. Any talk of a tyranny that necessitates the murder of innocents is complete and utter insanity.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Clair said:

It's not like police have all gone out of control rogue and are shooting up blacks left right and center. So what's there to rise up about? Seriously. Any talk of a tyranny that necessitates the murder of innocents is complete and utter insanity.

YOU'RE RIGHT.  They aren't just shooting up blacks everywhere.  It's blacks, whites, hispanics, asians.  IT IS AMERICANS.  Poor personnel and poor training are CAUSING AMERICANS to lose their lives.  But, hey, let's let due process take its course as our TAX DOLLARS pay for our judge, jury, and executioners with badges.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Again, Clair, you are barking up the wrong tree here.  I am law enforcement.  I don't care what statistic you throw at me, I see the systemic racism on a daily basis.  So, quote your right wing website..congratulations.  There are still more than twice as many white guys in the US that black guys.  Sure, throw out how many more black guys commit crimes than black guys.  When you look at socio-economic data, then the crime rate remains around the same no matter what the race is.  Not gonna lie, as a middle class (does that even exist anymore?) white male, if I had to rob a bank or sell drugs to support my family, I probably would.

Yeah well, just because you're law enforcement and just because you see systematic racism does not in any way negate my so-called right wing website statistics. The fact that there are more whites than blacks means nothing because in spite of that, more blacks than whites are charged with robberies, murders and assault. So what does that tell you? Furthermore, I don't care about anyone's socioeconomic status, because I highly doubt the majority of those crimes had anything to do with supporting one's family. So don't make excuses for them - or anyone for that matter.

Edited by Clair
Got my colors mixed up. :)
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

All that being true...there's no way it justifies open season on police, or white people, in general. So you push for the person to be brought to justice. You don't go randomly shooting up a crowd. If a person makes themselves judge, jury and executioner just because they think someone might be a criminal...then how are they different than that cop who shot the guy in the car? 

• Like 3

When you fight tyranny, you strike at the tyrannical. If you also strike at the innocent, you turn the innocent into the enemy.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

YOU'RE RIGHT.  They aren't just shooting up blacks everywhere.  It's blacks, whites, hispanics, asians.  IT IS AMERICANS.  Poor personnel and poor training are CAUSING AMERICANS to lose their lives.  But, hey, let's let due process take its course as our TAX DOLLARS pay for our judge, jury, and executioners with badges.

I won't argue with you there. I agree that improvements in that area are essential. BUT you make it sound like they are shooting people willy-nilly and that IS NOT the case. Any police officer would know that.

Edited by Clair

6 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

All that being true...there's no way it justifies open season on police, or white people, in general. So you push for the person to be brought to justice. You don't go randomly shooting up a crowd. If a person makes themselves judge, jury and executioner just because they think someone might be a criminal...then how are they different than that cop who shot the guy in the car? 

No, they are not different.  I absolutely do not condone the killing of innocent police officers.  Not one bit.  But, is anyone really surprised?  We all knew we were nearing a breaking point.  

23 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Dude, that's racism and a hate crime. How can that be argued otherwise? Just stop. As LEO you are oddly sympathetic/understanding to this sneak attack murder spree. So what if it's your white butt who gets sniped out of the blue by one of these angry misguided morons? Since you won't be around to understand anymore you ought to prep your family to understand why you have it coming. Make sure they "get it" you know.

• Like 5