Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
LucidElement

Nasa Cut off UFO Footage?

49 posts in this topic

My buddy just sent me this.. I doubt highly its a UFO lol, maybe a meteorite.. but i dont understand how people would think this could be a ufo?

 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/nation-now/2016/07/14/nasa-space-international-space-station-ufo-live-feed-cut-internet-theories/87070452/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its a combination of the timing of the shutdown and the repeated coincidental shutdown of the feed as something interesting pops into the field of view. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time for the belly laugh -- THIS time it really WAS Venus --

e

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 14/07/2016 at 5:01 PM, Farmer77 said:

I think its a combination of the timing of the shutdown and the repeated coincidental shutdown of the feed as something interesting pops into the field of view. 

The ISS *frequently* goes in and out of transmission for the rather obvious reason that it is orbiting and the receiving dishes do not cover every inch of its travels..  It also frequently goes quite black... as it flies over, you know, the dark bits like oceans at night..  Here's a link - I wonder how many of the folks having an ill-informed go at NASA have actually watched the transmissions for any length of time?

 http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-iss-stream

Right now, at 4:44pm local time (+10h), it is online but the image is indeed quite dark (it's mid Pacific at the time I'm writing this).  You can see where it is, and why it might be dark, here:

http://www.isstracker.com/

Given it is NASA's data (which, by the way, can be picked up by anyone with the knowledge of how to build a receiver..), if they were seriously (stupidly) covering up the existence of a UFO/Venus, why would they not shut down the transmission before it appears?  A small time delay would make that easy.

 

Edited by Saru
Removed inflammatory remark
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

The ISS *frequently* goes in and out of transmission for the rather obvious reason that it is orbiting and the receiving dishes do not cover every inch of its travels..  It also frequently goes quite black... as it flies over, you know, the dark bits like oceans at night..  Here's a link - I wonder how many of the folks having an ill-informed go at NASA have actually watched the transmissions for any length of time?

 http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-iss-stream

Right now, at 4:44pm local time (+10h), it is online but the image is indeed quite dark (it's mid Pacific at the time I'm writing this).  You can see where it is, and why it might be dark, here:

http://www.isstracker.com/

Given it is NASA's data (which, by the way, can be picked up by anyone with the knowledge of how to build a receiver..), if they were seriously (stupidly) covering up the existence of a UFO/Venus, why would they not shut down the transmission before it appears?  A small time delay would make that easy.

 

*snip* I was simply answering the OP's question as to how people think the object in the film is a UFO. If you read the sites which follow such things that is the prevailing opinion. 

*snip*

Edited by Saru
Removed personal insults
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 10:57 AM, LucidElement said:

My buddy just sent me this.. I doubt highly its a UFO lol, maybe a meteorite.. but i dont understand how people would think this could be a ufo?

 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/nation-now/2016/07/14/nasa-space-international-space-station-ufo-live-feed-cut-internet-theories/87070452/

Just to give you a refresher, UFO means Unidentified Flying Object (by it's very definition). It doesn't suggest it's alien, bird, plane or anything else.

But people will associated the designation with a alien craft. It's simply an Unknown.

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL. If they were trying to hide something, wouldn't they cut it out completely?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe this sort of thing happens often and they are getting lazy about it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting to note that in the 60's the US used to deliberately hide new technology (U-2, SR-71) from Russian Spy Satellites, because they knew exactly when their satellites were crossing over.
Would it not make sense that with so much highly top secret technology in space (and the strategic importance of space for spying on other countries) that they would like to try and avoid detection and surveillance by foreign governments, and that would include supplying locations/times to ISS when to turn off their feeds, to protect any US tech being recorded or streamed live that can be picked up by their enemies?

If this were to hold any truth that ISS/NASA were hiding things, it is far more likely this is a multi-million high tech spy satellite over Russia or China, than it is about Aliens descending down on to our planet to invade!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Much to do about some space junk It looks to me.    How would NASA hide anything from the Russians on the ISS (International Space Station)?  Go to their pod and ask them if they would please wear these blindfolds for the next few minutes? 

Edited by GreenmansGod
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Streetcap1

Up there with Scott Waring... :td:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason there is a Live Feed is because NASA needs to show stuff for the public. It's likely junk, but it doesn't matter. NASA need a feed and anything 'strange' can be dismissed as a natural phenomenon or space junk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You Gotta Love the Heart in Trying though ?:P

Keep Looking Up , Thats where it all Is, or not ! justDONTEATUS42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I read an article about this. It was pretty entertaining in poking fun at the people who no doubt will see this as "proof" of aliens and a "conspiracy" by NASA to hide "the truth." I am not a fan of alien themes, rarely post in this forum, and patently do not believe in alien visitors, but the article was interesting.

In it a NASA official was interviewed and explained this particular imaging device is automated and has no real human interaction. It sees what it sees, sends it images earthward, and cuts out when its software determines it ought to do so.

So, no, of course...no conspiracy..

Edited by kmt_sesh
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Troublehalf said:

The reason there is a Live Feed is because NASA needs to show stuff for the public. It's likely junk, but it doesn't matter. NASA need a feed and anything 'strange' can be dismissed as a natural phenomenon or space junk.

FACT: ALL NASA footage has a 20 second delay. Its been that way for years. Maybe if they stopped purposely BLURRING their images there would be no need for posts such as this in the first place. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been saying it for years. All I wanna know is this, how come our video footage from right frickn' here in orbit is so bad? Especially when ALL of our digital cable channels come from the same proximity in earth orbit? And what's worse is even the images from Pluto (4.67 billion miles away) have HD quality! Maybe if they stopped purposely BLURRING their images there would be no need for posts such as this in the first place. LOL I'm just saying.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ufos have been watching the INSS and shuttle missions for years,but yet nasa is still coveeing it up, what is wrong with the govermnet they should tell us what we have know for yesrs about ufos and ets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, coolguy said:

Ufos have been watching the INSS and shuttle missions for years,but yet nasa is still coveeing it up, what is wrong with the govermnet they should tell us what we have know for yesrs about ufos and ets

What is an unidentified flying object?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hawkin said:

What is an unidentified flying object?

Anything from eye floaters to bigfoot these days.  Sigh.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, coolguy said:

Ufos have been watching the INSS and shuttle missions for years,but yet nasa is still coveeing it up, what is wrong with the govermnet they should tell us what we have know for yesrs about ufos and ets

 

Lol why do you think that? Ive got an old car in the back yard that doesnt go anywhere. Would there be any point in me watching it for years? WHY? It doesn't DO anything!! Much like the space station, that too doesnt do anything, just floats in orbit....like a big satellite

AS for government cover ups....the space station is ONLY 250 miles anyway,

Many amateurs monitor it/observe it.... its not far away in deep space....just 250 miles up, a pair of good binoculars could see it... anything happening around the space station would likely be seen by someone, from earth

Not to mention many other countries can also observe it as it crosses over them.....how come no-one, from astronomers to other countries monitoring their own air space....NEVER report stuff like this... but idiots like Scot Waring AND Streetcap1.... see 'stuff' all the time? :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Saitung said:

FACT: ALL NASA footage has a 20 second delay. Its been that way for years. Maybe if they stopped purposely BLURRING their images there would be no need for posts such as this in the first place. LOL

FACT: Will Rogers said: “It ain’t what you don’t know that makes you look like a fool, it’s what you DO ‘know’ that ain’t so.”

OPINION: He had you in mind.

 

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, coolguy said:

Ufos have been watching the INSS and shuttle missions for years,but yet nasa is still coveeing it up, what is wrong with the govermnet they should tell us what we have know for yesrs about ufos and ets

Will Rogers was predicting you, too.

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JimOberg said:

Will Rogers was predicting you, too.

 

So was P.T. Barnum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

Anything from eye floaters to bigfoot these days.  Sigh.

You saw Bigfoot in a UFO? Or just a "Silhouette"?:rofl:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

You saw Bigfoot in a UFO? Or just a "Silhouette"?:rofl:

Ha!  I see what you did there. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.