Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Car crash photo shows spirit leaving body

OverSword

A chilling photo taken at the scene of a fatal motorcycle crash in Kentucky is getting a lot of attention online.

According to Lex 18 Newsexternal-link.png, the crash occurred in Powell County, Kentucky on Tuesday evening around 5:30 p.m. A motorcyclist was seriously injured after crashing on Highway 15 near Stanton. He was transported to the hospital where he later died.

Saul Vazquez of Mount Sterling, Kentucky witnessed the photo while in his truck. He took a picture of the accident and then noticed something unusual about it.

http://www.lex18.com/story/32432567/chilling-photo-taken-at-accident-scene

• Like 4

It looks like it but who knows? 

If he went into a coma right away his spirit may have left the body soon after the crash.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

The head and the hand are part of the leaves and the motorcyclist did not die at the scene, so not sure why his spirit would leave there and not at the hospital.

I was thinking the same thing.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LuisBerry said:

If he went into a coma right away his spirit may have left the body soon after the crash.  

Do you have proof of spirits leaving bodies.? 

Do you have proof of the existence of spirits and that we all have one? 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

The head and the hand are part of the leaves and the motorcyclist did not die at the scene, so not sure why his spirit would leave there and not at the hospital.

And the rest if most likely someone's vapor from their ecig. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Redefining Success said:

Really?  Proof?  The guy is just speculating, he never even made the claim that anything is real?  Can you prove that spirits don't leave bodies?  Can you prove that they don't exist or that we all don't have one?

To me it looks like a smear on the window of the vehicle the picture is taken from.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Really?  Proof?  The guy is just speculating, he never even made the claim that anything is real?  Can you prove that spirits don't leave bodies?  Can you prove that they don't exist or that we all don't have one?

To me it looks like a smear on the window of the vehicle the picture is taken from.

Can you? 

I don't make statements about spirits leaving bodies.

Who titled the thread? 

"Car crash photo shows spirit leaving body" 

That's a pretty bold statement.

• Like 1

Just now, Redefining Success said:

Can you? 

Who titled the thread? 

Dude this website is called "Unexplained-Mysteries" I think you wanted the "explained mysteries" site down the hall. 

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Redefining Success said:

Can you? 

Who titled the thread? 

Think of the thread title as click bait. 

So I see you agree with our old pal free to roam about the part that seems to be the head and the hand but do you have any speculations about the other parts?  So far your contribution was to needlessly attack someone who at least tried to bring something to discussion. And as for proof of spirits or souls existing there have been experiments which showed that at the moment of death the human body will spontaneously lose  21 grams in weight.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So I see you agree with our old pal free to roam about the part that seems to be the head and the hand but do you have any speculations about the other parts?  So far your contribution was to needlessly attack someone who at least tried to bring something to discussion. And as for proof of spirits or souls existing there have been experiments which showed that at the moment of death the human body will spontaneously lose  21 grams in weight.

old pal?  thats enough of the old!!

Anyway, i am going with a few leaves, (well that`s a no brainer)  possibly a vapor, some of them are pretty fierce, could even be a smear mark on the guys phone...anything but a spirit. 

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I agreed with the fact that the guy died at the hospital and not roadside, which, admittedly wasn't very clear.

Why has his "soul" left his body at the roadside? He wasnt dead. 

The fact that a body loses 21 grams at point of death is intriguing, surely it could be contributed as loss of air from the lungs as the rest in the chest cavity, sort of a deep exhale. Since a spirit has not yet been factually proven to exist, it's more than likely to be mass expulsion from the lungs. 

As for an attack, I was asking if there was proof of the statement that was made.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Dude this website is called "Unexplained-Mysteries" I think you wanted the "explained mysteries" site down the hall. 

Whys that? 

I'm asking for proof of a statement that was made. 

What is the point  of leaving things unexplained? Let's get to the bottom  of these mysteries and actually find out what things are instead of thinking they are something entirely different and deluding our selves into a false sense of belief. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Redefining Success said:

Whys that? 

I'm asking for proof of a statement that was made. 

What is the point  of leaving things unexplained? Let's get to the bottom  of these mysteries and actually find out what things are instead of thinking they are something entirely different and deluding our selves into a false sense of belief. 

Your previous post wasnt gettting to the bottom of anything, it was simply being a pompous ass. If all you're going to do is demand proof rather than engage in the conversation then do the rest of us a favor and take yourself elsewhere.  Seriously the moderators in this forum would do the site a huge favor by eliminating the obnoxious, conversation killing posts such as yours from the site. 

Perhaps earlier was just a bad moment for you? It does happen to me all the time, post something after getting yelled at by the wife or in a hurry while at work. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Redefining Success said:

I agreed with the fact that the guy died at the hospital and not roadside, which, admittedly wasn't very clear.

Why has his "soul" left his body at the roadside? He wasnt dead. 

The fact that a body loses 21 grams at point of death is intriguing, surely it could be contributed as loss of air from the lungs as the rest in the chest cavity, sort of a deep exhale. Since a spirit has not yet been factually proven to exist, it's more than likely to be mass expulsion from the lungs. 

As for an attack, I was asking if there was proof of the statement that was made.

Good theory.  I wonder if having air in your lungs could really account for 21 grams of weight?  The people that were weighed died of emphysema so they probably didn't have much lung capacity.

Your initial post about spirits seemed a bit hostile that's why I said something.  It's not always easy to tell the tone intended just by reading it so I apologize if I misunderstood you. 

I have found that often in the sections of this site that deal with ghost's, aliens, or other woo subjects they are populated by some pretty young people, sometimes as young as 12 years so I try not to get too harsh with them about these subjects since people that young still tend to dwell in a world where magic exists for them and I don't want to make them feel stupid. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Your previous post wasnt gettting to the bottom of anything, it was simply being a pompous ass. If all you're going to do is demand proof rather than engage in the conversation then do the rest of us a favor and take yourself elsewhere.  Seriously the moderators in this forum would do the site a huge favor by eliminating the obnoxious, conversation killing posts such as yours from the site. 

Perhaps earlier was just a bad moment for you? It does happen to me all the time, post something after getting yelled at by the wife or in a hurry while at work. 

OK, it IS his soul leaving his body, it is NOT a smudge, vapor or leaves causing the mind of the viewer to see what he/she wants to see, and despite no reasonable evidence and lack of intent to troll, kill "conversations" and being obnoxious, it is certainly his soul. 

Does the above statement make you feel better? 

If I told you the sky was pink with yellow spots would you agree? Or would you look out of your window and see for yourself? 

We all have bad moments, but don't ever mention my wife again, that is a tactic of a troll.

• Like 1

Just now, Redefining Success said:

OK, it IS his soul leaving his body, it is NOT a smudge, vapor or leaves causing the mind of the viewer to see what he/she wants to see, and despite no reasonable evidence and lack of intent to troll, kill "conversations" and being obnoxious, it is certainly his soul. 

Does the above statement make you feel better? 

If I told you the sky was pink with yellow spots would you agree? Or would you look out of your window and see for yourself? 

We all have bad moments, but don't ever mention my wife again, that is a tactic of a troll.

Woah man my apologies i was mentioning my experience being an ***hat after my wife yelled at me, not discussing yours . Beyond that NO bro youre missing the point i dont think group think is a goal to strive for either (and if you read my other post in this thread I suggested it was actually some dudes ecig vapor) but look at your post that caused the reaction from Oversword and myself: 

3 hours ago, Redefining Success said:

How is that helpful, friendly or pleasant at all? I apologize again for making you think i was mentioning your family thats really not how I roll. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Good theory.  I wonder if having air in your lungs could really account for 21 grams of weight?  The people that were weighed died of emphysema so they probably didn't have much lung capacity.

Your initial post about spirits seemed a bit hostile that's why I said something.  It's not always easy to tell the tone intended just by reading it so I apologize if I misunderstood you. 

I have found that often in the sections of this site that deal with ghost's, aliens, or other woo subjects they are populated by some pretty young people, sometimes as young as 12 years so I try not to get too harsh with them about these subjects since people that young still tend to dwell in a world where magic exists for them and I don't want to make them feel stupid. 

I doff my cap to you sir.

This is what finding answers is about, first we have to ask questions and explore possibilities.

Normal breathing may only use half of your lung capacity, panting breaths take in and expel more air, so I'm thinking there must be some "reserve" air in them. Expel a deep breath and before inhaling, try and expel air again, I get a reasonable gasp, which, must weigh something. 

I agree with you about tone, it's hard to recognise it especially as text. Something quite simple can be misinterpreted as something else. It's incredibly easy to do.

No need to apologise at all, we are all human.

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Woah man my apologies i was mentioning my experience being an ***hat after my wife yelled at me, not discussing yours . Beyond that NO bro youre missing the point i dont think group think is a goal to strive for either (and if you read my other post in this thread I suggested it was actually some dudes ecig vapor) but look at your post that caused the reaction from Oversword and myself: 

How is that helpful, friendly or pleasant at all? I apologize again for making you think i was mentioning your family thats really not how I roll. 

I misread it, my apologies.

As for my question, it's a question in black and white, no tone to it what so ever. 

If I said a ufo lands in my garden, people would want pictures.

If I said my dead grandmother visits me, people would say set up a camera, show some proof or evidence. 

To make a factual statement (that is), needs to have some evidence for it to be factual. 

If some one was to say "I believe it's his spirit leaving the body" then that is their belief.

Native American Indians believed the steam rising from freshly killed people or animals in winter was the spirit leaving the body. 

But scientifically, it's just vapour from warm air meeting cold air and condensing. 

As for the pic, I don't know, I'm on the fence, it would be nice for it to be the soul on its way to where ever, but I can't jump on that wagon just yet.

No harm no foul on here, I'm just looking for proof that's all. 

• Like 2

I'm actually an old poster,  not old in age, ha,  but have been here just changed my name and I can speculate all i want. I have zero evidence, but conversely neither do you. I was simply stating my opinion. I'm not an expert, but I personally do believe in life after death and that is simply two cents on the matter. You don't have to lIke it and I refuse to get into.a debate of an afterlife or a soul existing because that's not what this thread is intended for. Had this been in the debate section I'd be more than happy to engage, but I'll stick to the topic and discuss it with like minded individuals thanks.

At least his soul went up, and not in the opposite direction ! :o

• Like 2

19 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Lots of people report out of body experiences during traumatic events. Ive listened to many NDE with this as the case.

Not saying that's what this is, just saying him not dying right then an there doesn't mean it wasn't him.

• Like 1

On 15/07/2016 at 1:29 PM, preacherman76 said:

Lots of people report out of body experiences during traumatic events. Ive listened to many NDE with this as the case.

Not saying that's what this is, just saying him not dying right then an there doesn't mean it wasn't him.

I would personally say it was not his soul. What if he had not died on the way to the hospital, does that mean he lives the rest of his life soulless? 

Remember this was not an OBE, it was a guy taking a picture of the scene, he had no connection to the deceased, he did not  know at the time that the guy was going to die. The only person who could have said it was an OBE is now dead. (condolences to his family)  

If you take away the leaves, and take into account the picture was taking afar and from a vehicle, the cab of his truck...did he have the window up, it could even be a smear or reflection.

Look at this picture again = bottom left of photo shows similar "smearing or reflection"

here again = near the concrete, same smear or reflection:

*snip*

Edited by Saru
The image can be viewed in the OP's link
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, LuisBerry said:

I'm actually an old poster,  not old in age, ha,  but have been here just changed my name and I can speculate all i want. I have zero evidence, but conversely neither do you. I was simply stating my opinion. I'm not an expert, but I personally do believe in life after death and that is simply two cents on the matter. You don't have to lIke it and I refuse to get into.a debate of an afterlife or a soul existing because that's not what this thread is intended for. Had this been in the debate section I'd be more than happy to engage, but I'll stick to the topic and discuss it with like minded individuals thanks.

Why do people get so sh*tty? 

I'm asking a question. I know I don't have evidence, but to say it IS his spirit would require some factual evidence. 

I respect your views on live after death but if we all took everything as gospel truth, we would be a race of dumb sheep.

• Like 2