Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The_Blogger

So I feel it safe to say that I live in a very spooky house. Its not that old, but we love antiques in my house so we assume a lot of the goings on are related to those. I'm going to talk about my experiences and I'd love to hear about your own! 

I've always felt uncomfortable in the back part of my house. A lot of the strange activity is centered in this part of the house (the sunroom, hallway, kitchen and back bedroom). A lot of the activity is pretty standard and I've gotten used to it over the years; hearing someone moving/breathing that isn't there. We also see a lot of shadows, and not just out of the corner of your eye either. While in the kitchen you can see the reflection of the back bedroom window in the fridge. Often if you're stood by the fridge looking (filling up your cup with water or something) you'll see a HUGE shadow block out part of the reflection of the window. It can be pretty startling and coupled with the horrible feeling of someone staring you down all the time it gets pretty unnerving. This shadow is one of the ghosts in my house. He's there pretty much all of the time, a constant supernatural housemate if you will. I just refer to him as Him. 

Him doesn't just appear to me. Almost everyone in my family, including my boyfriend has seen Him. I remember the first time my boyfriend saw Him because it scared the living hell out of me! My boyfriend Elliot had stayed over quite late (it was almost midnight I think) and I'd walked him down to my front door to lock it behind him. Elliot was sat on our antique shoe chest trying up his shoes when he starts staring really intently just behind me through the glass panels in the porch door. Before that he hadn't really believed me about having a haunted house and he laughed off most of what I'd told him. I asked him a couple of times what was wrong but he just kept looking and motioning for me to shush. At this point my heart was pounding and I didn't dare turn around. After a few seconds Elliot looked up at me and asked, "Your dad didn't come out of the bedroom did he?" He hadn't, we didn't hear the doors open and close at all, everyone else was asleep. Then he tells me that he'd seen a tall man (really dark shape) walk from the back bedroom, into the hall and stop before walking to the kitchen an back again. Safe to say that I absolutely legged it up the stairs. I don't walk Elliot to the door anymore - he has to see himself out.

Him is also responsible for even more creepy things than that. Several times I've been in the kitchen and felt someone standing in the doorway almost as if they're about to speak to me. I'll hear my name being called when I'm upstairs and come down to see what someone wants, but no one has called of me. Then there's the touching. It makes me feel so deeply uncomfortable, because it feels a little perverted. I don't know if that's the intention or what but it's always on exposed skin or stroking my hair. I was once playing mario cart in the sunroom with Elliot and out of nowhere I felt a hand stroke down the exposed part of my back. It wasn't Elliot because I could see his hands and my clothes weren't loose enough to brush against me. I sat with my back pressed firmly against the sofa after that. Then came the hair stroking story. It was last summer and I was cleaning the kitchen. I had my headphones in, bopping away to music and I felt pretty relaxed. Until someone stroked my hair. I turned around and I felt someone pull it. I screamed and yelled for Him to leave me alone before running into the garden. A few days later, mum gets woken up in the early hour by someone stroking her hair.

Phantom sounds: We experience a lot of phantom noises in the house. Names being called, a 'ding' sound right in your ear as you're walking down the corridor and most recently a sounds that none of us can describe. I heard it first a couple of weeks ago, like the sound of metal curtain hooks being pulled across the bar really fast. My dad was the only other person in the house (he has Alzheimer's and didn't remember hearing it). I told my mum but we passed it off as nothing. Then a few days later I was in my room and my mum and sister shouted at me to come downstairs because they heard it and they knew what I was talking about. Also I have a sleep tracker app that records sounds and I keep getting this really creepy breath, basically right into the phone (which I keep on the other side of the bed on the table. Creepy as hell.

Electrical malfunctions: countless times the tv will turn off and on and change channels by itself. Although admittedly the most creepy instance happened to my mum. She was woke up in the night by the sound of people talking. She got up to investigate and the tv was on. It had been switched off at the plug before she went to bed, but was suddenly turned on at 2am. She turned it all off and was about to go back to bed when she heard a beeping from the kitchen. The washing machine had turned on. By this point mum had had enough so she said "oh **** it fine! I'm off back to bed" the washing machine turns off again.

A lot of other miscellaneous things happen all the time but I've gotten so used to it that I hardly notice anymore. 

I'd love to hear about everyone elses experiences in their haunted houses!

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, The_Blogger said:

Also I have a sleep tracker app that records sounds and I keep getting this really creepy breath, basically right into the phone

Great, can you upload it on here.....and are you awake when this happens or are you sleeping...maybe you need to sort out the ventilation in your room?

10 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Great, can you upload it on here.....and are you awake when this happens or are you sleeping...maybe you need to sort out the ventilation in your room?

I can't get the recording off of the app but I have a picture of the tracker. The circle in red is where the breath occurs and I seem to be in really deep sleep and then the circle in light blue was me moving and shuffling around waking up...this was the only time it happened all night at the phone is about a meter away from my bed. It'd be good if I could get the actual sound, there's another one a few nights later that sounds like a voice.

sleep app.jpg

• Like 1

Wow I must say this is scary! The part that scared me the most was when your BF saw Him the ghost.

You should cast a binding spell and put him into an Evil Jar! then he will be your servant!

I've dealt with a few ghosts in my time.. i have several contained in Evil Jars now.

that or a banishing ritual to get rid of anything you don't want in the house. I suspect people who lived in the house before you

were conjuring spirits and or playing with the Ouija board ?

Edited by LostSouls7

23 minutes ago, The_Blogger said:

I can't get the recording off of the app but I have a picture of the tracker. The circle in red is where the breath occurs and I seem to be in really deep sleep and then the circle in light blue was me moving and shuffling around waking up...this was the only time it happened all night at the phone is about a meter away from my bed. It'd be good if I could get the actual sound, there's another one a few nights later that sounds like a voice.

sleep app.jpg

Gotta love these apps things.

Says you are a bit unsettled. the sound is on the "quiet" line, is it possible you were snoring or talking in your sleep? But maybe its best I not ask you as you were asleep so would not know, so I am going with what your app is stating. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Says you are a bit unsettled. the sound is on the "quiet" line, is it possible you were snoring or talking in your sleep? But maybe its best I not ask you as you were asleep so would not know, so I am going with what your app is stating. 

I really hope it was! It's not a pleasant sound to hear! I've got a recording of it now, but it wont let me upload it as it's an mp3 file

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LostSouls7 said:

Wow I must say this is scary! The part that scared me the most was when your BF saw Him the ghost.

You should cast a binding spell and put him into an Evil Jar! then he will be your servant!

I've dealt with a few ghosts in my time.. i have several contained in Evil Jars now.

that or a banishing ritual to get rid of anything you don't want in the house. I suspect people who lived in the house before you

were conjuring spirits and or playing with the Ouija board ?

I have no clue what they were doing, but they sold it to us really really cheap for the size of the house so I see why now! I know the owner before that died in the kitchen, but I hardly ever feel her presence.

I might try smudging with sage, but my mum is nervous in case we make Him angry.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

the only way I could think was to upload it to youtube.... it's just odd because there is nothing after it, it just goes quiet and I don't move

Edited by The_Blogger

1 minute ago, The_Blogger said:

I really hope it was! It's not a pleasant sound to hear! I've got a recording of it now, but it wont let me upload it as it's an mp3 file

i do not think we need to hear it, your sleep app is quite sufficient. It does seem you have a bit of a  restless sleep, many things can cause this, you are not an insomniac as you do sleep = I suffer from insomnia, but I know why.

My husband suffers from sleep apnea, trust me that is scary.

Foods, life worries, blanket  material, air ventilation, there are numerous things which can cause restless sleep and the breathing could be down to any of those too. For your health, I think it is better to try to address what causes this, even though you do not appear to have a real problem, I think your concerns do not lie with you having disturbed sleeping patterns , but with you thinking too much about ghosts and that you believe your house to be haunted. This would no doubt have an effect on your mind and could manifest in your sleep.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Blogger said:

the only way I could think was to upload it to youtube.... it's just odd because there is nothing after it, it just goes quiet and I don't move

I was totally expecting to be all "yeah thats you snoring" but honestly that sound was creepy. 

Not knowing what your voice sounds like are you sure that it couldnt be you at that time of morning unconsciously reacting to the daylight?

2 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

i do not think we need to hear it, your sleep app is quite sufficient. It does seem you have a bit of a  restless sleep, many things can cause this, you are not an insomniac as you do sleep = I suffer from insomnia, but I know why.

My husband suffers from sleep apnea, trust me that is scary.

Foods, life worries, blanket  material, air ventilation, there are numerous things which can cause restless sleep and the breathing could be down to any of those too. For your health, I think it is better to try to address what causes this, even though you do not appear to have a real problem, I think your concerns do not lie with you having disturbed sleeping patterns , but with you thinking too much about ghosts and that you believe your house to be haunted. This would no doubt have an effect on your mind and could manifest in your sleep.

You're probably right, I do suffer from a sleep disorder which means I sleep a lot during the day and have odd sleeping patterns - part of the reason I got the app :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

I was totally expecting to be all "yeah thats you snoring" but honestly that sound was creepy. 

Not knowing what your voice sounds like are you sure that it couldnt be you at that time of morning unconsciously reacting to the daylight?

In all honesty I have no idea! It was so out of place with the rest of the recordings and so close to the recorder too. I could well be me, but my usual night time noises are more squeaks or like "um" sounds opposed to breathy. I could have just sighed really deeply in my sleep being fed up most likely :')

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Blogger said:

You're probably right, I do suffer from a sleep disorder which means I sleep a lot during the day and have odd sleeping patterns - part of the reason I got the app :)

I hope you start looking at some of the things I mentioned, looking at things  from your eating habits to the colour of your bedroom walls.

I like this app you got, may even get one myself.:tu: = for my husband.... I am never asleep long enough.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LostSouls7 said:

you just crack me up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

I hope you start looking at some of the things I mentioned, looking at things  from your eating habits to the colour of your bedroom walls.

I like this app you got, may even get one myself.:tu: = for my husband.... I am never asleep long enough.

I will! very good advice thanks :) I'm finding it really useful, though I'm using it more to look into the length and restlessness of my sleep. Plus is has a smart alarm to wake you in the right stage of sleep :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The_Blogger said:

I have no clue what they were doing, but they sold it to us really really cheap for the size of the house so I see why now! I know the owner before that died in the kitchen, but I hardly ever feel her presence.

I might try smudging with sage, but my mum is nervous in case we make Him angry.

Ahh so someone died in the house? That seems to be part of the problem. But I also sense someone did dark magic to summon spirits up in that house.

Don't worry about making Him angry. he will be lucky to not end up trapped in an evil jar is a powerful magician had his way with him. Sage would be wise, perhaps a cross and holy water might scare him off also.

Edited by LostSouls7

On 7/14/2016 at 10:56 AM, The_Blogger said:

It's really frustrating.  I lost the software for a digital recorder I have, upon which we caught a class A EVP of a ghost woman walking very briskly in high heels to the front door, after my daughter had locked it shut with a deadbolt from outside.  You hear my daughter's car leaving first, then moments later the footsteps, then the VERY loud click/unclick of the deadbolt again...a pause...then an audible female *sigh*, clicking of high heels fading back into the other room whereupon they just vanish.  The house is so small that anyone walking with high heels to any part of it would still be audible.  But in the recording, they just go from normal to vanished in a one second.

She had set the recorder at the base of the front door in order to catch some people who were harassing her that would show up on her front porch knocking and yelling obscenities.  It was a real estate dispute.  Anyway, no, the sounds did not come at all from the outside.  They were inside where the recorder was, in an empty house with no way in (windows had been screwed shut from the inside) besides the door, and it had just had the deadbolt locked from outside.  Curiously, my daughter had put fresh batteries in the recorder but came to find that just after the ghost incident, they had been completely drained and the recorder stopped recording.

Edited by SSilhouette
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SSilhouette said:

It's really frustrating.  I lost the software for a digital recorder I have, upon which we caught a class A EVP of a ghost woman walking very briskly in high heels to the front door, after my daughter had locked it shut with a deadbolt from outside.  You hear my daughter's car leaving first, then moments later the footsteps, then the VERY loud click/unclick of the deadbolt again...a pause...then an audible female *sigh*, clicking of high heels fading back into the other room whereupon they just vanish.  The house is so small that anyone walking with high heels to any part of it would still be audible.  But in the recording, they just go from normal to vanished in a one second.

She had set the recorder at the base of the front door in order to catch some people who were harassing her that would show up on her front porch knocking and yelling obscenities.  It was a real estate dispute.  Anyway, no, the sounds did not come at all from the outside.  They were inside where the recorder was, in an empty house with no way in (windows had been screwed shut from the inside) besides the door, and it had just had the deadbolt locked from outside.  Curiously, my daughter had put fresh batteries in the recorder but came to find that just after the ghost incident, they had been completely drained and the recorder stopped recording.

I got to ask as I am intrigued by this, how would a pair of high heel shoes be able to get into the alleged after life? a persons soul = i can sort of understand people believing this (although I am not a believer ) but shoes? a solid man made object, is able to enter the afterlife and it still makes the same noise  on a ghosts feet as they did when they were being worn after they had been made, bought and worn in the living years?   how does that work? 

If this dead ladies coffin were opened, would her shoes be missing?

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

I got to ask as I am intrigued by this, how would a pair of high heel shoes be able to get into the alleged after life? a persons soul = i can sort of understand people believing this (although I am not a believer ) but shoes? a solid man made object, is able to enter the afterlife and it still makes the same noise  on a ghosts feet as they did when they were being worn after they had been made, bought and worn in the living years?   how does that work? 

If this dead ladies coffin were opened, would her shoes be missing?

Dunno.  It's one of the mysteries of ghosts why they don't all appear naked.  But they don't, do they?  They always appear as they were familiar with in life, or at the time of death, what they were wearing.  I suspect the lady ghost we caught was a woman who owned the place three owners back.  She loved it, according to lore and newspaper clippings we found when researching the place that's over 100 years old.  She was a librarian and it sits right next to a school.  She used to let students come in and read there after school and maintained it sort of as a public library.  It's a very small place in a very small town.  This was sometime in the 1950s.  Never did see a picture of her, but the click of high heels are unmistakable in the recording, as was her unlocking then locking the deadbolt...almost like a person with OCD would do to make sure it was locked.  Then the *sigh!* and the high heels clicking away again.  Some women love wearing high heel shoes more than they love cheesecake.  I know a girl like that actually; addicted to high heels.  So there's something that might be very coveted in her perception of herself?

On 14/7/2016 at 11:15 PM, The_Blogger said:

Him is also responsible for even more creepy things than that. Several times I've been in the kitchen and felt someone standing in the doorway almost as if they're about to speak to me

On 14/7/2016 at 11:15 PM, The_Blogger said:

Phantom sounds: We experience a lot of phantom noises in the house. Names being called, a 'ding' sound right in your ear as you're walking down the corridor and most recently a sounds that none of us can describe

All these experiences are actually due to this technology, people are being deceived to believe all these paranormal experiences. NSA induce voices to people 24X7 for millions and millions, therefore, these paranormal experiences are only another aspect of this unethical work. Please read the below article to know the truth.

http://www.paranoiamagazine.com/2016/07/psychological-illnesses-due-hidden-technologies/

Seriously, how is it that there are so many religious skeptics (those that adhere to skepticism as a dogmatic mandate) at such a site as this.  Can you imagine hating broccoli and posting in great numbers with your broccoli-hating friends all day long at a site for broccoli lovers?  At a given point, the skeptics here and their routine, needs to have a "phenomenon" category of their own.  Management?  you game?

17 minutes ago, SSilhouette said:

Seriously, how is it that there are so many religious skeptics (those that adhere to skepticism as a dogmatic mandate) at such a site as this.  Can you imagine hating broccoli and posting in great numbers with your broccoli-hating friends all day long at a site for broccoli lovers?  At a given point, the skeptics here and their routine, needs to have a "phenomenon" category of their own.  Management?  you game?

You'd prefer for your word to be taken without any analysis or criticism? You're in the wrong place...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SSilhouette said:

You certainly have a problem with tolerance, you know that?

1 hour ago, SSilhouette said:

You certainly have a point here. I suspect it comes from wanting to mix with others of like mind, as a support for their view that is not quite crystallized.