Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient 'machine' protected the Great Pyramid

UM-Bot

After all these years, although the security  equipment and buildings are more advance, the thieving barstools have not changed.

• Like 2

I'm sorry if this has been answered but, I have a question about the small tunnels that the robots explored. Have the exits of these tunnels been found? I've never seen any information on this. Thanks in advance.

Edited by strunk64
half of my post didn't show up

Using the word 'machine' in the title is a little deceiving. More like covering and blocking the tunnels to conceal the passage ways leading to the treasure tomb (assuming one exists of course). Which would make more sense than creating a massive pyramid that screams 'treasure inside just find the entrance. '  

Given my total lack of knowledge of archaeology and egyptology how could entire chambers go undetected for so long?

Do contemporary geophysical anaysis not reveal such structures, or large spaces? or are the mapping tools we have at our disposal woefully insufficient to detect anything beyond a solid wall?

they havnt gone undetected. 10 years ago scientists proved the pyramid had hollw spaces in the walls with machinery. egypt will not allow anyone to break the walls and see whats inside

27 minutes ago, fightzone said:

they havnt gone undetected. 10 years ago scientists proved the pyramid had hollw spaces in the walls with machinery. egypt will not allow anyone to break the walls and see whats inside

Which scientists with what evidence?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, shadowsot said:

i will look for the documentary. give me a few days to find it. watched it a long while back.  this is not what i am searching for but may be of interest to someone https://www.yahoo.com/news/anomalies-found-thermal-scanning-egypt-pyramids-220500264.html?ref=gs

Edited by fightzone

12 hours ago, shadowsot said:

the french team that initially found the open spaces went in in 1986. they did not understand what they were looking at so they did not publish the finding. at approximately 28 minutes into this video they meet up with the architect that understands what they saw. i recommend watching the whole video. you dont have to believe it to find it interesting. 

found this on houdins facebook page. it was posted last month. http://www.seeker.com/great-pyramid-of-giza-analyzed-with-high-tech-scanners-1845131449.html

Edited by fightzone
  • Like 1

I'm a fan of the inside-out theory of building the pyramid, but I don't agree with Houdin that the magnetic scans show evidence of hollow corridors.  Any huge pyramidal shape is going to have a spiraling magnetic fluctuation, due to the decreasing mass from bottom to top.  I'm also a bit puzzled how, assuming the corner break that is claimed to be a possible turning point for the ramp, can have been in plain view for millenia, and yet no one has bothered to hop up there and check if there was anything worth looking at.

13 hours ago, fightzone said:

the french team that initially found the open spaces went in in 1986. they did not understand what they were looking at so they did not publish the finding. at approximately 28 minutes into this video they meet up with the architect that understands what they saw. i recommend watching the whole video. you dont have to believe it to find it interesting. 

found this on houdins facebook page. it was posted last month. http://www.seeker.com/great-pyramid-of-giza-analyzed-with-high-tech-scanners-1845131449.html

The video was well worth the 55 minutes it last. There are some extra feature after the credits, so stay tuned.

On 7/28/2016 at 8:30 AM, aquatus1 said:

I'm a fan of the inside-out theory of building the pyramid, but I don't agree with Houdin that the magnetic scans show evidence of hollow corridors.  Any huge pyramidal shape is going to have a spiraling magnetic fluctuation, due to the decreasing mass from bottom to top.  I'm also a bit puzzled how, assuming the corner break that is claimed to be a possible turning point for the ramp, can have been in plain view for millenia, and yet no one has bothered to hop up there and check if there was anything worth looking at.

the map is 3 dimensional and clearly shows missing density on the edges as much as it does toward the center. the break in the corner was noticed by an architect who is trained to have eye for details in a building. it never says nobody ever found that room before. perhaps someone else crawled up 100 years ago and found nothing. they wouldnt haave considered that to be some great find that needed to be published. heres the scans from 86 showing the spiraling lack of density. it seems some of it has caved in.  spiral-ramp-thermal-image_sm.jpg

11 hours ago, fightzone said:

the map is 3 dimensional and clearly shows missing density on the edges as much as it does toward the center. the break in the corner was noticed by an architect who is trained to have eye for details in a building. it never says nobody ever found that room before. perhaps someone else crawled up 100 years ago and found nothing. they wouldnt haave considered that to be some great find that needed to be published. heres the scans from 86 showing the spiraling lack of density. it seems some of it has caved in.  spiral-ramp-thermal-image_sm.jpg

There is really nothing surprising about seeing decreasing density on the edges of a pyramid.  Simply put, the edges are indeed decreasing in density, as the mass of the pyramid gets smaller and smaller the higher you go.  As for the corner room, again, it seems to me a fairly simplistic sort of exploration that would require much less effort and red tape, to say nothing of being the least destructive sort of investigation, to conduct, and I find it difficult to believe that a theory that could be so strongly supported by something it has proposed would not have taken that step to verify it.

even if u look at it in 2 dimensions, you can see it has missing density in the center as much as at the edges.if you can see this image in 3 dimensions it helps. use the x in center of photo as walls reaching up to the peak in center

That's backwards. Only by looking at in in 2 dimensions can you mistake the missing density in the center.  Think about it:  If you are looking at this as a 2-d image, then it seems strange to see diminishing density from the outside to the inside.  If this was a 2d picture, then it would suggest that the area towards the center is less dense, and probably has a void of some kind.  But that is because you are seeing a small gradient on the outside going to the inside.  You are looking at it as if it were a 2d image.  However, if you look at this as a 3d picture, if you imagine this as a top view, you would see this precisely as you would expect it to be. 

Look, think of it this way: Let's say that empty space was represented by water.  The whole pyramid is immersed in a square tank  full of water.  You can't see into the tank. You have a device that measures the depth of water directly beneath it.  You run that device over the top of the tank.  What would you get as results?

What you would see is a given depth of water on the sides, but as you get closer to the center, the depth gets smaller and smaller.  We almost intuitively understand that this means there is some sort of pyramid-like object in the tank, as we can clearly picture in our minds the rise of the 3-d pyramid corresponding to the decreasing depth of the water in the tank.  That is what makes sense to us.

And that is pretty much what you need to do to understand this picture.  Remember that this image is measuring the difference in density underneath it.  It has no idea what it is taking a picture of; it doesn't know it is looking at a pyramid.  All it is doing is crossing over and telling you the density beneath it (the depth of the water).

If we weren't looking at a pyramid, but just a flat mound, then it would make sense to say there was a void in the center, because there is nothing else that can explain the decrease in density.  If you are looking at a pyramid, however, it would be the other way around.

But then, keep in mind that the 1986 use of the microgravitymeter was experimental, and they were looking to verify that there were holes where the gravitymeter said there were, which they were not able to do.

How long do you have to wait before graverobbing is considered historical science? As far as I see, scientists are essentially robbing the graves, putting all their valuables in a crap museum and storing the mummy on display for a bunch of tourists to gawk at, pretty disrespectful.

Whether it is graverobbing or historical science depends on what sort of claim the people complaining have to the remains.