Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Military Coup underway in Turkey

Thanato

Here we go!  Depending on the outcome is going to change the game.  I can't help but think of how innocent and oblivious the world was before WWII.  I don't know if America has 6 months before taking action, perhaps  we'll get lucky and a coup will occur here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RavenHawk said:

Here we go!  Depending on the outcome is going to change the game.  I can't help but think of how innocent and oblivious the world was before WWII.  I don't know if America has 6 months before taking action, perhaps  we'll get lucky and a coup will occur here.

I had much the same thought about Arch Duke Ferdinand and the start of ww1 when I saw the headline. 

• Like 3

My best guess is that the Military is tired of the creeping islamification of the country and the expanding powers of the presidency. Also the fact that they have been sidelined from Syria.

• Like 5

I doubt it will succeed but if it does I hope they hang Erdog from an overpass.  He's evil and he'll only bring more evil in the future.

• Like 8

I don't know...it looks like the military is in control.  This looks like the same thing that occurred in Egypt.  You get a new leader in there like el-Sisi and in alliance with Netanyhu and Abdullah and then Trump becoming President, will give us what we lost when Obama pulled us out of Iraq.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Thanato said:

My best guess is that the Military is tired of the creeping islamification of the country and the expanding powers of the presidency. Also the fact that they have been sidelined from Syria.

This is what is being reported on Turkish television from a prepared statement by the military. Saudi Arabia are going to be very upset if their loyal dog Erdogan ends up being ousted.

• Like 4

They have an armed standoff between the coup forces and forces loyal to the Government at their Parliament.

As ambulances are arriving outside I suspect the Government refuses to back down so they are preparing for casualties as they storm the Parliament. Its about time they got rid of the President due to the Islamic terrorism and him creeping bit by bit towards dictatorship.

Watch out France....

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I can't help but think of how innocent and oblivious the world was before WWII

The world has never been innocent. Oblivious yes, innocent no.

• Like 1

Well I was hoping to catch a few hours of sleep before work, but now I have this bleeding ulcer to deal with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

I had much the same thought about Arch Duke Ferdinand and the start of ww1 when I saw the headline. 

I mentioned that just a few hours ago on the 84dead thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

I doubt it will succeed but if it does I hope they hang Erdog from an overpass.  He's evil and he'll only bring more evil in the future.

Let's just hope to god it's quick and decisive, and doesn't escalate into a civil war.

With everything else that's happening around the world right now, it might well be the catalyst for the unthinkable becoming a reality.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

This is what is being reported on Turkish television from a prepared statement by the military. Saudi Arabia are going to be very upset if their loyal dog Erdogan ends up being ousted.

Good. And hopefully it will ultimately lead to the demise of the Saudis. You never know how this one might pan out. 

4 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

Let's just hope to god it's quick and decisive, and doesn't escalate into a civil war.

With everything else that's happening around the world right now, it might well be the catalyst for the unthinkable becoming a reality.

The fighting has started - Gunships, tanks and machine guns firing.

Fighting at the Parliament and the airport in the Capital.

Edited by RabidMongoose

2 minutes ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

Theres people being shot live on tv....on the bridge

I think they are trying to stop the President getting across it to make it to the airport to flee the country.

2 minutes ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

Theres people being shot live on tv....on the bridge

I saw the people I heard the bangs but I didn't see anyone get shot.

Glad to see it. It is obviously to replace Erdogan. I just hope what replaces him is more moderate, and for the people.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I think they are trying to stop the President getting across it to make it to the airport to flee the country.

There supporters of the goverNment

OK so Im curious......... im watching skynews and theyre interviewing a Turkish local who is claiming that the people are p***ed about the coup and thats what the demonstrations in the street are about. Is anyone else getting a different story? 

Earlier it was all qiuet but it seems the military have moved on. The tanks at the airport have gone but it looks like a police presence is there and gunfire heard too

8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

OK so Im curious......... im watching skynews and theyre interviewing a Turkish local who is claiming that the people are p***ed about the coup and thats what the demonstrations in the street are about. Is anyone else getting a different story? 

Yes, Erdogan is popular in Turkey. In fact, his governement won a majority. But he is changing the country to become islamo-conservative, reducing the rights & freedom and threatening democracy. A group in the military apparently decided it was time to do something about it.

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 1

Just heard on the news that military helicopters are firing on Turkey's national Intelligence agency building, and tanks are firing on police stations.

Wow!

• Like 1