Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hillary Clinton: We need intelligence surge

RavenHawk

23 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

Looks to me like this is a disinformation thread.

Then maybe you could tone it down.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2016 at 10:03 PM, RavenHawk said:

all you see is someone that has failed.  I see someone who has fallen down, got back up and succeeded.  That's the spirit that has made America Great.  Never give up, never quit.  Trump is the best example of Jesus' parable of the talents.

Maybe but he never showed how many talents he has left  (tax returns).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

In point of fact Wikileaks showed us almost nothing and there is nothing that has come out that even embarrassed the US government.  That all governments spy is a given.  To protect their citizens it is also a necessity.  That the US should be prohibited from using whatever humane means it has at hand is just silly.

I think the issue is that automatic surveillance of everybody is hopelessly inefficient because there's just so much data that it's impossible to sift anything that might be significant from it. It's certainly way beyond the capacity of any human to identify anything significant, all they can do is rely on keywords to flag up "possible suspicious activity", which is pretty useless considering that, for instance, nearly everyone here no doubt mentions "Obama", "Clinton", "ISIS", "Jihad", etc, etc, all the time. it's really just counterproductive. Of course, does that also mean that fears that Big Brother is Watching You at All Times are also exaggerated for just the same reason? It may well be.

11 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

In point of fact Wikileaks showed us almost nothing and there is nothing that has come out that even embarrassed the US government.  That all governments spy is a given.  To protect their citizens it is also a necessity.  That the US should be prohibited from using whatever humane means it has at hand is just silly.

Clearly you havent been paying attention. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

I think the issue is that automatic surveillance of everybody is hopelessly inefficient because there's just so much data that it's impossible to sift anything that might be significant from it. It's certainly way beyond the capacity of any human to identify anything significant, all they can do is rely on keywords to flag up "possible suspicious activity", which is pretty useless considering that, for instance, nearly everyone here no doubt mentions "Obama", "Clinton", "ISIS", "Jihad", etc, etc, all the time. it's really just counterproductive. Of course, does that also mean that fears that Big Brother is Watching You at All Times are also exaggerated for just the same reason? It may well be.

That's why there is a race to develop and implement quantum computers. I bet US is further along then believed in achieving it, but I don't think it's been implemented to the max if they have some working ones. 

11 hours ago, White Unicorn said:

Maybe but he never showed how many talents he has left  (tax returns).

Triple-facepalm-picard-812.jpg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Triple-facepalm-picard-812.jpg

Why is GOP so determined about investigations of Hillary's foundations etc but not demanding Trump's. Follow the the money and you see a lot about a person.  Triple face palm there too!

On 7/16/2016 at 10:50 AM, Farmer77 said:

Oh dear god. Did the Wikileaks thing NOT happen? Isnt there a dude in Russia hiding because he told us how deep and strong the NSA's data collection capabilities are? Dont the creators of Microsoft and facebook cover the microphones and cameras on their personal computers because they know the damned government can tap in at any time and listen? Didnt we as a nation get our hands slapped as a result of the disclosure of our spying on people like Merkel? 

No NO NO the last thing we need is to expand the surveillance powers of our nation and further erode our freedoms. THAT is the terrorists winning folks. 

Good post as usual, Farmer.  I agree it is absolutely and perfectly insane, what's happened since 9/11.  We have effectively granted a cloak of secrecy to some unknown entity in exchange for having a large spotlight placed on us, the once-private citizen.  Our nation was turned upside-down and backward and we are now open to subversion.

Love to see someone try to explain exactly how that's supposed to work.

• Like 1