Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ducklings are capable of abstract thought

jethrofloyd

Ducklings are capable of abstract thought

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/16/ducklings-are-capable-of-abstract-thought-6009902/

Ducklings are probably more intelligent than you would expect.  They are able to grasp the concepts of ‘same’ and ‘different’, according to researchers who tested whether the newborn birds were capable of abstract thought. Alex Kacelnik and Antone Martinho III from the University of Oxford believe their surprising findings tell us more about how ducklings’ brains work.

• Like 5

Adorable picture in that link :) My friend keeps ducks, ducklings are so cute.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Still Waters said:

Adorable picture in that link :) My friend keeps ducks, ducklings are so cute.

Nothing is cuter than baby ducks.....:)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cloudshill said:

Nothing is cuter than baby ducks.....:)

My grandad got me chicks and two ducklings for Easter. Chicks were colored like Easter eggs in those days! 

The little pet ducks grew up to be smarter than chicks. I gave the chicks back! They grew up in coop with granddad's other chickens, giving eggs and on the dinner table.

Ducks guard your yard and lay eggs and they were effectionate.Ducks don't attack other Ducks like chickens. I grew up and released them to a county lake and they got along well with the others and had a lake instead of a baby pool to swim in. Ducklings tame or wild are adorable little creatures :)

Edited by White Unicorn