Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man quits his job to play Pokemon Go

Still Waters

11 hours ago, jarjarbinks said:

He's living A life

There, fixed it for you.  And that life requires the help of others for no good reason.  So, that's not much of a life.

• Like 1

The thing is, this complete and utter effing idiot is becoming a leach over this game by choice.  It's insulting to those of us that are disabled and aren't able to work, the nerve of this worthless bag of crap taking his life for granted like that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ryu said:

Taking a break is one thing, quitting your job and expecting to be totally supported like a toddler while you play video games is another. There is nothing about this person to admire or be inspired by.

In the end, it's his parent's decision to support him or not for the adventure. They could have said no. But his dad seems very supportive.

Plus, it's not like he's planning to go on this trip for the rest of his life.

''Tom says he will go back to work once his Pokemon adventure comes to an end.

"When I finish the trip and get back to Auckland, I will be looking for work and working on my new business.''

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36814165/man-in-new-zealand-quits-his-job-to-play-pokemon-go-full-time

Edited by TruthSeeker_

7 hours ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

In the end, it's his parent's decision to support him or not for the adventure. They could have said no. But his dad seems very supportive.

Plus, it's not like he's planning to go on this trip for the rest of his life.

''Tom says he will go back to work once his Pokemon adventure comes to an end.

"When I finish the trip and get back to Auckland, I will be looking for work and working on my new business.''

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36814165/man-in-new-zealand-quits-his-job-to-play-pokemon-go-full-time

Oh-Ho! That is rich! So at what point will he decide that this "adventure" will end? In 20 years perhaps?

After that what will he have to show for it once he decides to be an adult and find employment? Telling a prospective employer that you spent x-amount of months/years pretending to travel just so you can collect a bunch of imaginary things? Wow, really impressive there. Gonna make a great worker. What is going to stop him from quitting another job so he can claim he wants to "travel" just so he has another excuse to play some other game and be a leech again?

His parents are fools for supporting this.

• Like 2

Well, that is an action that is deserving of the title "cringeworthy".

Some people are taking this way too far.

:blink:

Meh.  I've quite jobs for worse reasons.

Of course, I've always tried to pay my own way, but I admit, there have been times I did freeload more than I should have.

♪ To be a Poke'mon Master is his destiny...... ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪