Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What do you think happens when you die?

Leika

I'm curious to see what other people think :)

I mean what do you think happens to your soul/conscious/mind/etc

Edited by Leika
  • Like 1

You reach down and pull out the plug and go back to living in the "higher" level of reality, until, of course, you also die in it.  Of course if you like earthly life, you may find another human about to be born.

27 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Decomposition. 

Guesser. 

You become either ash or compost.

Whether or not the soul continues - well that depends on what one believes....or rather what one wants to believe... depending on what faith they have / and or had.

• Like 7

Pffft this one is as clear as day.

You ride inside of a metallic snake whose body courses with magical fires splintering into miles of echoing halls and soulless chambers wherein grey water slowly drips in rhythm with tempest mind of the storm,  as travel through the heart of the universe you are feasted by The Heavy Judger of Men, his 13 eyes looking out at all directions at once, seeing everything, his mind swimming in oceans of thought so profound that to even dip your foot in would shatter your very soul in the scorching totality of partial understanding of the vast reservoir of information that are withheld from you, the feast is made of ash and dust with only salted water to drink, it lasts for 3 weeks without ending, just you and that specter of genius alone in a room so tremendous that darkness edges its way all about you in spite of the dozens of fires fueled only by the pious prayers of the uninformed, which cackle and churn in purple black fury all around, on the final day the unicorn knight rides in her ancient face cracked like paint which has worn itself thin with time and exposure her five legs barely visible under the tides of machined insect nightmares which serve as her only form of locomotion, her arm extends with her hand blossoming open in all that cold all that dark for what seems like an eternity as a soft book forms itself out of leaves made of sound woven together with the foxfire dreams of the insane, you can only sit and wait as she turns the pages, each crumbling and reforming on its journey to the bed in which all of its siblings slumber now that their usefulness is passed, finally she arrives at the passage she wants, her nostrils expand with inhalation, her throat rasps making a noise like a slumbering god clothing being torn by demonic hands from another universe, your heart quickens as you consider all of your faults and failings, your sins and transgressions the malice with which you visited upon flies when you swought them, you can see her pupils narrow until they appear to be nothing by atoms dancing across a dead sea, then she speaks.

And then you awaken, to kittens playing electric guitars and waterfowl drummers beating out a tune that can only be called such as an act of charity. You heave a bit, pulling sweat offa your forehead, coughing lightly you can only think to yourself, maybe those leftovers from that one Chinese restaurant weren't still good to eat. 

• Like 8

It's the same as before you were born...nothing?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leika said:

I'm curious to see what other people think :)

I mean what do you think happens to your soul/conscious/mind/etc

I believe our soul/consciousness/etc.die alongside everything else. Nothing is separate, or can exist separate from us. And if it does, I would still believe that it ceases to exist the moment we do. We have just one life which is why we should live it without worrying about all that other nonsense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Decomposition. 

which ain't such a bad thing, really.

• Like 1

I go back and forth on it honestly.

The strongest thing to suggest afterlife to me are NDEs. I don't feel that have been explained away yet to my liking, just speculation. But time will tell

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I go back and forth on it honestly.

The strongest thing to suggest afterlife to me are NDEs. I don't feel that have been explained away yet to my liking, just speculation. But time will tell

The objection I have with NDE's is that they're near death experiences, not after death experiences.

• Like 5

I believe that my soul - that energy that contains my mind - becomes conscious of a new location.  Think of it as waking up in a new place.  I think our awareness in that place will exceed our wildest imaginings here.  I have no proof of anything, I just take it on faith.  Those like my 90 year old father in law (WWII Iwo Jima vet) who believe that the lights go out and total annihilation occurs, they baffle me.  The example of nature shows us constant regeneration yet they believe that the most advanced life on this planet, capable of art, music, advanced mathematics, self awareness and growth are just randomly created biological accidents of circumstances.  To each his own.  As I'm fond of saying, if I'm wrong, I'll never know it.  If they are wrong then the surprise may be disconcerting to say the least.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bubblykiss said:

Pffft this one is as clear as day.

You ride inside of a metallic snake whose body courses with magical fires splintering into miles of echoing halls and soulless chambers wherein grey water slowly drips in rhythm with tempest mind of the storm,  as travel through the heart of the universe you are feasted by The Heavy Judger of Men, his 13 eyes looking out at all directions at once, seeing everything, his mind swimming in oceans of thought so profound that to even dip your foot in would shatter your very soul in the scorching totality of partial understanding of the vast reservoir of information that are withheld from you, the feast is made of ash and dust with only salted water to drink, it lasts for 3 weeks without ending, just you and that specter of genius alone in a room so tremendous that darkness edges its way all about you in spite of the dozens of fires fueled only by the pious prayers of the uninformed, which cackle and churn in purple black fury all around, on the final day the unicorn knight rides in her ancient face cracked like paint which has worn itself thin with time and exposure her five legs barely visible under the tides of machined insect nightmares which serve as her only form of locomotion, her arm extends with her hand blossoming open in all that cold all that dark for what seems like an eternity as a soft book forms itself out of leaves made of sound woven together with the foxfire dreams of the insane, you can only sit and wait as she turns the pages, each crumbling and reforming on its journey to the bed in which all of its siblings slumber now that their usefulness is passed, finally she arrives at the passage she wants, her nostrils expand with inhalation, her throat rasps making a noise like a slumbering god clothing being torn by demonic hands from another universe, your heart quickens as you consider all of your faults and failings, your sins and transgressions the malice with which you visited upon flies when you swought them, you can see her pupils narrow until they appear to be nothing by atoms dancing across a dead sea, then she speaks.

And then you awaken, to kittens playing electric guitars and waterfowl drummers beating out a tune that can only be called such as an act of charity. You heave a bit, pulling sweat offa your forehead, coughing lightly you can only think to yourself, maybe those leftovers from that one Chinese restaurant weren't still good to eat. 

Link please.:)

• Like 2

neo-wakes-up.png

You wake up only to have found that your whole life was nothing more than a simulation. One controlled by our robot overlords. 

They need our brains as quantum computers, duh.B)

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

Currently, I feel that the soul(and the area of Spirit it is attached to), remains intact for some time if it wishes to experience life in another body, hanging around(in the ether?!), until another baby is conceived and a new body provided. If the soul does not wish to reincarnate then I believe it simply 'evaporates' and the portion of Spirit it was attached to retreats into the main body of Spirit that it is part of.

I suppose another reason for souls remaining intact after the death of their body is because they cannot let go of something/someone in their (former), life. This may then develop into haunting ..... perhaps.

Leika, what do you think happens? Oh, and welcome to UM :st 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. 

I guess i dont have a real hard concrete conviction as to what happens when you die, beyond the belief that our energies, or souls if you prefer, do carry on. Whether thats reincarnation or something completely unexpected I dont know and i certainly dont want to predicate my life based on what happens after the meat suit has expired. 

As God is infinite, therefore Heaven is also infinite, so what you expect to happen happens.

if you expect reincarnation, you reincarnate. If you expect 72 virgins you get 72 virgins, if you expect Valhalla you get Valhalla etc etc.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

As God is infinite, therefore Heaven is also infinite, so what you expect to happen happens.

if you expect reincarnation, you reincarnate. If you expect 72 virgins you get 72 virgins, if you expect Valhalla you get Valhalla etc etc.

makes me think of terry pratchett.

The gods of the Disc have never bothered much about judging the souls of the dead, and so people only go to hell if that's where they believe, in their deepest heart, that they deserve to go. Which they won't do if they don't know about it. This explains why it is so important to shoot missionaries on sight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Nah, you just reincarnate onto a different earth among the multi-verse. Forced to live the 'same life' over and over again. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Nah, you just reincarnate onto a different earth among the multi-verse. Forced to live the 'same life' over and over again. 

Jeeze this is scary, will it have the same people too (can we decide who we would rather  not see again?)   and can I have the same car?

2 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Jeeze this is scary, will it have the same people too (can we decide who we would rather  not see again?)   and can I have the same car?

pict--tree-diagram-root-cause-analysis-t

I'll use this for example. It's all a matter of choice, The What If's. A multiverse of reincarnation where each choice leads to a different outcome, then you basically restart on a different Verse earth each time. With the option of making different choices. 

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

I'm an apatheist.

Don't know, don't care.

Come on use your imagination. That's what people have been doing for almost forever. B) Can I offer you some medicine?

-KPQHxlhvJk.jpg

• Like 1