Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

syria before isis

the-Unexpected-Soul

Perhaps this thread would be better titled 'Syria before US intervention' . 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, philly said:

Are you still in Syria and which part of Syria are you in? I wish you could :S 

i'm originally from damascus countryside, im in saudi arabia right now, i'm planning to go back to syria for a while after two months,

i cant believe that some people want to apply the same wahabi system in saudi arabia in syria, this country is backward as hell, yet rich as hell,

every secular attempt in the middle east is getting ruined, and only the extremest are getting their way !!

Well, that is the country on " not to go or avoid if possible " list and you are right in there.  If the part in Damascus where you are going right now is safe, why not return Syria  or are you one of those people who won't go back unless Assad step down? May I ask you a questio about whether you are Sunni or Shia , because it seems that Sunnis prefer to live in a country run by sharia law. 

50 minutes ago, philly said:

Well, that is the country on " not to go or avoid if possible " list and you are right in there.  If the part in Damascus where you are going right now is safe, why not return Syria  or are you one of those people who won't go back unless Assad step down? May I ask you a questio about whether you are Sunni or Shia , because it seems that Sunnis prefer to live in a country run by sharia law. 

lol, i definitely advise you to avoid this country, im kinda stuck here for now, cus i need to make some money, its not easy to move to other country and settle, the part of my country where i'm from was taken by the syrian army in 2014, and its safe right now, almost the same as before 2011 but its harder to live because the prices of every thing went up, but there is no war and zero clashes, the war now is in the north (aleppo) and isis controlled areas in the east,

im sunni, but i don't believe we should clash with shiaa or any other religious believes based on faith, i mean the sunnis are really greedy, there is 1.7 billion muslims around the globe 93.5% are sunnis, how much more do we need ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, the-Unexpected-Soul said:

lol, i definitely advise you to avoid this country, im kinda stuck here for now, cus i need to make some money, its not easy to move to other country and settle, the part of my country where i'm from was taken by the syrian army in 2014, and its safe right now, almost the same as before 2011 but its harder to live because the prices of every thing went up, but there is no war and zero clashes, the war now is in the north (aleppo) and isis controlled areas in the east,

im sunni, but i don't believe we should clash with shiaa or any other religious believes based on faith, i mean the sunnis are really greedy, there is 1.7 billion muslims around the globe 93.5% are sunnis, how much more do we need ?

Well, ISIS is popular among Sunnis, they gain territories where Sunni majority live.Even a research on refugees in Turkey revealed that they see isis as savior and escaped from Assad to Turkey. But one thing the Sunnis should understand, nobody has to believe the way they believe, nobody has to pray the way they pray, follow the path they follow, people can believe in anything, any religion, teachings, ect. but just believing in something, does not make that belief true. In this regard, Sunnis are very oppressive(I don't know Shias), they do not care about the spiritual messages behind literal passages, they pray but they are not happy just praying alone, they force you to pray also, exercising their power on others is their main satisfaction. I read Islamist media, and I have not seen protests, criticism about what has been done to Yazidis, especially Yazidid women, none of my Islamist friend care for them. When they want, they would go to moon to find an oppressed Muslim victim of other faiths to sympathize and criticize others, but if the victims are from other faith members , and the perpetrators are them, they prefer to keep quiet, they do not even mourn. This really annoys me, and I see this all the time.

Whole the world know is that Assad was not, and is not democratic. But I want to ask something, it seems that none of the religious minority groups want Sunnis to get power in a fear of execution. Was Assad really excluded Sunnis from army and bureaucracy and are Sunnis not allowed to live their religion? because during this uprising, one of it was highlighted specifically that Assad is coming from a religious minority group, Sunnis are the majority, so he does not have the right to get the power ( which is so stupid, you cannot use people's identities to indicate whether a person should be in power or not, we should look at the political views of the persona and the party they are representing. if we look at the other way around, even Obama should not be in the power too). However, a similar situation was in Iraq, Saddam ruled a Shia majority country for so long as a Sunni, bu I haven't; heard of a word about it. This is so weird.

Does secular Sunnis support Assad?

16 minutes ago, philly said:

Well, ISIS is popular among Sunnis, they gain territories where Sunni majority live.Even a research on refugees in Turkey revealed that they see isis as savior and escaped from Assad to Turkey. But one thing the Sunnis should understand, nobody has to believe the way they believe, nobody has to pray the way they pray, follow the path they follow, people can believe in anything, any religion, teachings, ect. but just believing in something, does not make that belief true. In this regard, Sunnis are very oppressive(I don't know Shias), they do not care about the spiritual messages behind literal passages, they pray but they are not happy just praying alone, they force you to pray also, exercising their power on others is their main satisfaction. I read Islamist media, and I have not seen protests, criticism about what has been done to Yazidis, especially Yazidid women, none of my Islamist friend care for them. When they want, they would go to moon to find an oppressed Muslim victim of other faiths to sympathize and criticize others, but if the victims are from other faith members , and the perpetrators are them, they prefer to keep quiet, they do not even mourn. This really annoys me, and I see this all the time.

Whole the world know is that Assad was not, and is not democratic. But I want to ask something, it seems that none of the religious minority groups want Sunnis to get power in a fear of execution. Was Assad really excluded Sunnis from army and bureaucracy and are Sunnis not allowed to live their religion? because during this uprising, one of it was highlighted specifically that Assad is coming from a religious minority group, Sunnis are the majority, so he does not have the right to get the power ( which is so stupid, you cannot use people's identities to indicate whether a person should be in power or not, we should look at the political views of the persona and the party they are representing. if we look at the other way around, even Obama should not be in the power too). However, a similar situation was in Iraq, Saddam ruled a Shia majority country for so long as a Sunni, bu I haven't; heard of a word about it. This is so weird.

Does secular Sunnis support Assad?

not all of the sunnis support isis, i think probably most of them are against it, but the thing is isis feed on the sunni current, its hard to get rid of a movement when it represent the same as your direction but in more extreme way,

and yes assad was not fully democratic, and we can say a dictator, also there was corruption, but i thought the revolution supposed to remove only the bad things in the old system and improve from there, what really happened, is that as soon as the secular rule led by bahsar lost some grip on the country, al qaeda started dreaming of turning syria into a jihad zone, and believe it or not, a more extreme version of alqaeda (isis) decided that they want to establish the Caliphate, betraying the rebel forces that invited them, and then rebels found them selves in a deep trouble

3 hours ago, the-Unexpected-Soul said:

not all of the sunnis support isis, i think probably most of them are against it, but the thing is isis feed on the sunni current, its hard to get rid of a movement when it represent the same as your direction but in more extreme way,

and yes assad was not fully democratic, and we can say a dictator, also there was corruption, but i thought the revolution supposed to remove only the bad things in the old system and improve from there, what really happened, is that as soon as the secular rule led by bahsar lost some grip on the country, al qaeda started dreaming of turning syria into a jihad zone, and believe it or not, a more extreme version of alqaeda (isis) decided that they want to establish the Caliphate, betraying the rebel forces that invited them, and then rebels found them selves in a deep trouble

What do you mean by saying that its hard to get rid of a movement when it represent the same as your direction but in more extreme way," What way do they have in common? Do you mean sunnis also want their country run by Sharia law. or do you mean overthrowing Assad?

The opposition lost the battle at the beginning of the uprising. Instead of peaceful, non-violent protesting, the first thing they did was to kidnapping and killing of a group of Allawite people when they were returning to their village. Then, retributions happened by their relatives and things escalated from there.. Thus, the opposition turned this into a sectarian uprising instead of an uprising against an anti-democratic politician. You cannot win a battle if you use religious bases because Syria is ethnically, and religiously heterogeneous.If you do not want the government to be run by Yazidi people's religious law and rules, or other people's,  you cannot expect other people to accept them to agree on Islamic law. That is that simple and I think that is the real problem, and I read some other rebel forces' claims as well, none of them secular, and actually secular opposition groups who desired a democratic Syria and fight for that seemed scared and withdrawn from the streets because so-called moderate Islamist who are armed turned it into a violent uprising. And  international jihadists have joined to rebel forces in thousands and now none of the group has won anything. Syria is lost, it would take a hundred years to rebuild it. Its educated generations escaped from the country and new generations in refugee status are not able to get education.

The number I gave you about supporting isis is a new document and 57% of refugees support Isis in Turkey. It is a pretty high number and a similar number exists for Turkish Sunnis as well.

Sorry if I ask too many questions, but what kind of Syria do you dream? And what makes you think that about Saudi Arabia is really backward, is it because of its laws, the social structure etc.?

Thank you for the responses, I hijacked the subject here:)

13 hours ago, philly said:

what kind of Syria do you dream? And what makes you think that about Saudi Arabia is really backward

if we go back to 2011, then what i wanted mainly is better economy, and less corruption, those are the things i felt we are missing the most, 

regarding saudi arabia, they are the opposite of us, the good thing about it is its an oil rich country, but nothing else is good, being in saudi there is no meaning of your existence, its a very dry and boring country,

11 hours ago, the-Unexpected-Soul said:

if we go back to 2011, then what i wanted mainly is better economy, and less corruption, those are the things i felt we are missing the most, 

regarding saudi arabia, they are the opposite of us, the good thing about it is its an oil rich country, but nothing else is good, being in saudi there is no meaning of your existence, its a very dry and boring country,

Ok I see:) bu the way, you avoid to answer certain questions :) that is fine, but hope your country would normalize soon and jihadists would be defeated. Good luck.

15 minutes ago, philly said:

Ok I see:) bu the way, you avoid to answer certain questions :) that is fine, but hope your country would normalize soon and jihadists would be defeated. Good luck.

Philly, if I currently resided IN Syria, I 'spect I'd avoid answering some questions too.  :P  Mightn't be too healthy ;) 

• Like 2

Yeah I know:))) that's why I did not insist that much:) Hope Erdogan will not find what I say about him either:))

5 hours ago, and then said:

Philly, if I currently resided IN Syria, I 'spect I'd avoid answering some questions too.  :P  Mightn't be too healthy ;) 

6 hours ago, and then said:

I'm not convinced the Mullahs are reading Paranormal forums hosted in the U.S. :rolleyes:

Edited by TruthSeeker_

he Nobel Peace Prize 2014
Kailash Satyarthi, Malala Yousafzai

In October 2014, Malala, along with Indian children's rights activist Kailash Satyarthi, was named a Nobel Peace Prize winner. At age 17, she became the youngest person to receive this prize. Accepting the award, Malala reaffirmed that "This award is not just for me. It is for those forgotten children who want education. It is for those frightened children who want peace. It is for those voiceless children who want change."

• Nobel Prize com link

~

'change' ... change means 'everything ... must change'

~