Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Please help!! Do i have psychic abilities?

Laurstanley

1 hour ago, John from Lowell said:

What I would like to say is that science understands such a thing as quantum shared experience. There are physics involved with what you have experienced.

What exactly is a quantum shared experience? And how does science figure into it? Also, what precisely are the physics behind the experiences presented? I'm asking because it is typical of many in the paranormal industry (and yes, it's an industry) to deliberately skew and misrepresent scientific evidence and/or theories with the sole purpose of giving something the appearance of legitimacy. Let's face it, most so-called psychic abilities haven't a leg to stand on, so it behooves those who are selling all that hooey to develop a scientific prosthetic of sorts, does it not? An explanation of your statement, as well as evidence to support it, therefore, would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Erm no he was trying to say I HAVE dyslexia as an insult to my grammer!!! I never ever ever insulted him

19 hours ago, Laurstanley said:

Actually Im an A* English Student hahaha, Its an online forum not a novella, I didnt see the need for good grammar. Yes it is a massive paragraph thats what these websites are for if you dont like it leave. Say what you want can tell already Im a better person than you are, putting 17 year old girls down online.. Good one

1 hour ago, Laurstanley said:

Erm no he was trying to say I HAVE dyslexia as an insult to my grammer!!! I never ever ever insulted him

To make commentary alone to the above quoted:

You're right Laurstanley, this is an online forum, and not a novella. But it is still polite to use paragraph formatting to help others. A wall of text is difficult to read, and this is especially true for our forum members that have dyslexia. We also have members from all over the world that have English as a second language and it's more difficult to understand what a person is saying if it's not broken up into paragraph format. If you read around UM a bit, you will find that most members use paragraphs and that putting up wall of texts is discouraged. It is genuinely difficult to read, even for the most well read of us.

And no, websites are not for massive paragraphs. Editing write ups are what massive paragraphs are for. And even though there are some places for massive paragraphs, UM isn't really supportive of that. It's just more polite and gets your point across more seriously if you use proper formatting.

And just saying in general in this thread..

Now, I'm going to hope that EVERYONE gets to the forum rules and not warrant a thread cleanup please. Let's keep this on topic, and a nice discussion. Here's a reminder of where the forum rules are, and the link to them: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/guidelines/

Edited by rashore
  • Like 1

Oh, and in case you are unaware, clicking the enter key will space your paragraphs. Welcome and enjoy!

• Like 1

And back on topic again folks. Here's the OP text again...

So im 17, first of all my mother can read tarot cards, see into different dimensions see spirits etc.  It all started when i was 4-5 years old. I was lying on the floor and i looked up to the ceiling and said " look mom a lady" and she said " ask her her name" and i said " mary" ( mary is my middle name, however i was too young to know this) my mam was shocked as "mary" is her grandmother, and was told she'd be her gaurdian angel, however i have no recall of this due to me being young, this year i started to learn about my mams tarot card abilities etc, iv always had a strong intuition ( like my mom aswell) i just KNOW when things wil happen,

i had an ex boyfriend whom i used to sneak into my house every wednesday whilst my parents were at work, we did this for over a year, one day i was just looking out the window and just KNEW i was gunna get caught, and I did!!!! Sometimes if i speak about someone i havent saw in years ill see them, or ill text my friend and ill be typing the word " fell" or something and the person on the radio will sing the word " fell" at the exact same time!! Those seem to be little things, however a few weeks ago i was messing with my moms tarot cards ( i know i shouldn't ) i attempted them on my friend and she said i did okay, i was startting to wonder why i wasnt getting the visions my mom did ( she tells me the cards put the story together and give it structure but you cant read someone of the cards only and the you need the visions to go with them or it doesn't make sense)

however i wasn't getting visions i give up and went downstairs for a drink, within ten seconds i just had this vison of a bright orange teddy bear,  ( but it was to do with my friends boyfriend) i ran upstairs and asked my friend to text her boyfriend and ask if he owned anything bright orange in his bedroom ( i didn't say bear as my mom tells me sometimes visions aren't always exact as you can sometimes get colors right and objects wrong or vice verca) shortly enough he text back saying " i have a orange and grey bear and a bright orange bag" i was shocked, i saw a draw string bag in my mind and drew it, i had a feeling the bag would be hanging of something, i asked my friend to get him to send a photo, he did, there it was hanging of a shelf a bright orange draw string bag with his football boots in!!! Weird??

It doesn't stop there, ever since that day my intuition just keeps getting stronger and i tempt fate almost every few days, i also get deja vu a lot ( for a few years ) another thing, last week i heard tapping on my window until one morning i actually got up to look and there was a bird looking through my window, im really into zodiacs and horiscopes etc and supersitions so i googled a few things and found out this could mean death or that the bird was trying to get me to understand something, the tapping went on for a few days yet i only caught the bird doing it once after the first time round, i told my mam and friends ( i am abit of a drama queen) so even my mom can be abit skeptic at times, and i said i think someone will die and they all laughed it off and said not too worry, yesterday morning my little sister text me saying my dads bestfriend had died in a car accident and its all over the news.

For days i had been saying someone would die!!! Also last night i was on some colouring app colouring in a "Hamza " hand or however you spell it yknow those evil eye symbols for protection and luck? Well i love them!! I made one in college a few months back out of acrlyic i made a little necklace with one of those pull string necklaces attached, i was googling about those hands and symbols, today i went to a car boot sale ( you sell things from your car on a stall ) ( im british so not sure if its only a british thing)    And we were there for 3 hours and as we were packing up i noticed a hamza hand necklace buried under the gravel under the table we had set up, my heart began to race as i had been basically researching them lastnight, it looked brand new and it was literally a pull string necklace like the one i had made!! However the actual symbol was metal, it isnt everday you see that symbol just lying around, baring in mind nobody had been on that feild as i had been there since 6am, i told my mam and she said maybe i was meant to find it for a reason.

I want some views on this. My mam said she started gettmg her abilities at the age of 19-20, i am only 17, please give me your advice!! Who could i see?  A priest? A spiritualist? Who??? What can i do to make my abilitis stronger and what do i research?? 

Again, let's keep the topic nice and informative please. Keep the site rules in mind.

Edited by rashore

6 minutes ago, rashore said:

And back on topic again folks. Here's the OP text again...

(thanks Rashore)

So im 17, first of all my mother can read tarot cards, see into different dimensions see spirits etc.  It all started when i was 4-5 years old. I was lying on the floor and i looked up to the ceiling and said " look mom a lady" and she said " ask her her name" and i said " mary" ( mary is my middle name, however i was too young to know this)

At that age your cognitive development is not spot on. Your parents probably told you your full name a lot before that age.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_development

my mam was shocked as "mary" is her grandmother, and was told she'd be her gaurdian angel, however i have no recall of this due to me being young, this year i started to learn about my mams tarot card abilities etc, iv always had a strong intuition ( like my mom aswell) i just KNOW when things wil happen,

i had an ex boyfriend whom i used to sneak into my house every wednesday whilst my parents were at work, we did this for over a year, one day i was just looking out the window and just KNEW i was gunna get caught, and I did!!!! Sometimes if i speak about someone i havent saw in years ill see them, or ill text my friend and ill be typing the word " fell" or something and the person on the radio will sing the word " fell" at the exact same time!! Those seem to be little things, however a few weeks ago i was messing with my moms tarot cards ( i know i shouldn't ) i attempted them on my friend and she said i did okay, i was startting to wonder why i wasnt getting the visions my mom did ( she tells me the cards put the story together and give it structure but you cant read someone of the cards only and the you need the visions to go with them or it doesn't make sense)

A lot of this is cognitive bias and coincidence. Not only this you've been front loaded from a young age by your mother about the tarot.

however i wasn't getting visions i give up and went downstairs for a drink, within ten seconds i just had this vison of a bright orange teddy bear,  ( but it was to do with my friends boyfriend) i ran upstairs and asked my friend to text her boyfriend and ask if he owned anything bright orange in his bedroom ( i didn't say bear as my mom tells me sometimes visions aren't always exact as you can sometimes get colors right and objects wrong or vice verca) shortly enough he text back saying " i have a orange and grey bear and a bright orange bag" i was shocked, i saw a draw string bag in my mind and drew it, i had a feeling the bag would be hanging of something, i asked my friend to get him to send a photo, he did, there it was hanging of a shelf a bright orange draw string bag with his football boots in!!! Weird??

9 times out of 10 all you've done is gain conscious recollection of subconscious information. 

It doesn't stop there, ever since that day my intuition just keeps getting stronger and i tempt fate almost every few days, i also get deja vu a lot ( for a few years ) another thing, last week i heard tapping on my window until one morning i actually got up to look and there was a bird looking through my window, im really into zodiacs and horiscopes etc and supersitions so i googled a few things and found out this could mean death or that the bird was trying to get me to understand something, the tapping went on for a few days yet i only caught the bird doing it once after the first time round, i told my mam and friends ( i am abit of a drama queen) so even my mom can be abit skeptic at times, and i said i think someone will die and they all laughed it off and said not too worry, yesterday morning my little sister text me saying my dads bestfriend had died in a car accident and its all over the news.

Another case of front loaded based on previous information. Look into Carl Jung.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intuition#Psychology

For days i had been saying someone would die!!! Also last night i was on some colouring app colouring in a "Hamza " hand or however you spell it yknow those evil eye symbols for protection and luck? Well i love them!! I made one in college a few months back out of acrlyic i made a little necklace with one of those pull string necklaces attached, i was googling about those hands and symbols, today i went to a car boot sale ( you sell things from your car on a stall ) ( im british so not sure if its only a british thing)    And we were there for 3 hours and as we were packing up i noticed a hamza hand necklace buried under the gravel under the table we had set up, my heart began to race as i had been basically researching them lastnight, it looked brand new and it was literally a pull string necklace like the one i had made!! However the actual symbol was metal, it isnt everday you see that symbol just lying around, baring in mind nobody had been on that feild as i had been there since 6am, i told my mam and she said maybe i was meant to find it for a reason.

Another case of cognitive bias. You've been researching them and have tuned your mind into seeing one. Without this mental programming you'd never have noticed it. 

I want some views on this. My mam said she started gettmg her abilities at the age of 19-20, i am only 17, please give me your advice!! Who could i see?  A priest? A spiritualist? Who??? What can i do to make my abilitis stronger and what do i research?? 

Not saying you have any 'psychic' abilities, but if you do then they will develop through use. Just don't get full of yourself. The fall is hard on the ego, I promise you.

Again, let's keep the topic nice and informative please. Keep the site rules in mind.

• Like 1

On 2016-07-17 at 5:13 PM, Laurstanley said:

i am only 17, please give me your advice!! Who could i see?  A priest? A spiritualist? Who??? What can i do to make my abilitis stronger and what do i research?? 

As it's obvious this is the path you wish to follow, I would suggest the following: First and foremost skepticism is important. Examine every experience and look first for the logical explanation. Examine all possibilities. If after doing that you are not convinced there is a logical explanation, make a note of that experience in a journal. Once you've got a list of events and/or experiences, examine them for patterns to determine the areas you are strongest in. If you think, for example, your strength is in remote viewing, there are a number of exercises you can do to practice it (many are available online). You could also try meditating to improve your perception ability (again simple meditation techniques are available on the net). So first identify your strengths, and then research how to best develop them.

A word of caution though. Do not lose yourself in things like astrology, ouija boards, superstitions and the like. Keep it pure and simple.

• Like 2