Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientist uncover the TRUTH behind near-death

jethrofloyd

I agree with his conclusion, but he's hardly answered the biggest question of all indefinitely. The type of knowledge he espouses was available in the 80s -- so he's just rehashed old science with a sprinkling of his own research.

I try to stay neutral on an afterlife as only the deceased are experts in death. We all have our inklings (materialism, dualism, neutral monism etc...) which deal with the afterlife. Whilst I believe in oblivion of consciousness as I can't perceive how sentience, awareness and memories could survive without a functioning brain, I could be wrong. If the true nature of reality is beyond our capacity to comprehend and the simulation hypothesis is true, we could be respawned (reincarnated digitally) by an advanced civilization which plays with us like the Sims in a virtual reality. That's just one of the many topics I dealt with in Philosophy, but never really took it seriously because I'm a staunch physicalist.

I think that the near death experience is a glitch in the matrix. As soon as people figure it out as well as deja Vu,we might just wake up. Can freedom then be far behind?

13 hours ago, Elsupremo said:

I think that the near death experience is a glitch in the matrix.

Could you give us a rough definition of 'matrix', in your opinion?  And then what is, and why a 'glitch' would occur?

And did you believe in this idea before you first saw "The Matrix"?

13 hours ago, Elsupremo said:

As soon as people figure it out as well as deja Vu,we might just wake up. Can freedom then be far behind?

Afaik, deja vu has never been proven in any documentable way - is there an example around I can look at that would convince me it was something real?

5 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Could you give us a rough definition of 'matrix', in your opinion?  And then what is, and why a 'glitch' would occur?

Afaik, deja vu has never been proven in any documentable way - is there an example around I can look at that would convince me it was something real?

For me the matrix is the current false cosmological construct put forth by academia as science but that is really foolishness. This along with occult institutions like masonry cloud our perception of reality through addiction to useless technology for us while they live in a technological wonderland that can only be observed with the help of ingesting an odd looking stick of cinnamon that can only be gotten in the Fairy kingdom. Now the meaning of the matrix is in the word itself. Ma's tricks that keep us acting like children are the matrix. Ma's trixs are perpetrated by Ma's sons the Masons. Who is the head of worldwide masonry? The Queen of England is. That Ma. Or as the Britts call her Mum. I'm just kidding. I just don't like the Brittish.

6 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

The person that I thought described the Matrix the best was Jose Farmer's "River World"

On 2016-08-22 at 10:21 AM, Elsupremo said:

For me the matrix is the current false cosmological construct put forth by academia as science but that is really foolishness. This along with occult institutions like masonry cloud our perception of reality through addiction to useless technology for us while they live in a technological wonderland that can only be observed with the help of ingesting an odd looking stick of cinnamon that can only be gotten in the Fairy kingdom. Now the meaning of the matrix is in the word itself. Ma's tricks that keep us acting like children are the matrix. Ma's trixs are perpetrated by Ma's sons the Masons. Who is the head of worldwide masonry? The Queen of England is. That Ma. Or as the Britts call her Mum. I'm just kidding. I just don't like the Brittish.

fxf45.jpg

• Like 5

On August 23, 2016 at 11:33 AM, Podo said:

fxf45.jpg

Your obituary Granny, he he he ha ha

Ok i have personal proof of the contrary. I accidently mixed medications that sent my heart into cardiac arrest, while in my emergency room the lights became physical for a few seconds, i could actually see the light as it passed through the room from different sources. Heres where it got weird, i was suddenly out of my body looking down at myself from inside one of the light fixtures. As if i were a fly that landed on the fixture. Heres the proof, i could see the label of the brand of lights and the brand of the fixture, both of which you could not see from the ground, i went back after therapy to double check, the doctor told me stuff like this has happened before. He doesnt believe its hallucination, as a matter of fact the medicines i was on should of made me hyper alert. Once i left my body all pain and worry went away, it was a cool experience but creepy at the same time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grimsituation6 said:

Ok i have personal proof of the contrary. I accidently mixed medications that sent my heart into cardiac arrest, while in my emergency room the lights became physical for a few seconds, i could actually see the light as it passed through the room from different sources. Heres where it got weird, i was suddenly out of my body looking down at myself from inside one of the light fixtures. As if i were a fly that landed on the fixture. Heres the proof, i could see the label of the brand of lights and the brand of the fixture, both of which you could not see from the ground, i went back after therapy to double check, the doctor told me stuff like this has happened before. He doesnt believe its hallucination, as a matter of fact the medicines i was on should of made me hyper alert. Once i left my body all pain and worry went away, it was a cool experience but creepy at the same time.

Something that important happened, and you didn't take the time to get it documented, I'm guessing.  And in a medical environment, where such an event would be of significant scientific value, you would have your doctors falling over themselves to document it.  Plus, you must have got special permission to revisit an emergency room to make the claimed verification, so surely some evidence of that permission exists.  But, you know how it goes.... cool story, bro. 

BTW, assuming this is true (and I'm struggling with that..), perhaps that hyper sensitivity allowed you see something a little more clearly than normal - there are several techniques that we use (some subconsciously) that allow better than normal vision, and that especially applies in high level lighting environments, which it would have been when you were initially there, but not when you revisited.. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Something that important happened, and you didn't take the time to get it documented, I'm guessing.  And in a medical environment, where such an event would be of significant scientific value, you would have your doctors falling over themselves to document it.  Plus, you must have got special permission to revisit an emergency room to make the claimed verification, so surely some evidence of that permission exists.  But, you know how it goes.... cool story, bro. 

BTW, assuming this is true (and I'm struggling with that..), perhaps that hyper sensitivity allowed you see something a little more clearly than normal - there are several techniques that we use (some subconsciously) that allow better than normal vision, and that especially applies in high level lighting environments, which it would have been when you were initially there, but not when you revisited.. 

I like your skeptical approaches. I wish things were more documented by doctors too to learn more of the different types of NDE experiences. 

The biggest problem with this is the doctors are too busy trying to save patients not to explore the weirder experiences out of the norm. 

It's like workers at nursing homes seeing ghosts poltergiest activity or shadow people sometimes. They just accept it as their belief when other workers witness things at the same time. They just conclude something weird can happen in those settings and have no desire or time to call in paranormal investigators.They form their own conclusion of belief and feel no need to prove it. 

I have had several close relatives clinically dead and brought back to coma state. My father was one who  experienced it 3 times before the time he had gangrene throughout body and said to unplug him from all life support when he was fatally ill. 

My grandmother experienced near death two times. I had other cousins the same way but we didn't talk much about spiritual type visions or out of body. I find it weird if kept on life support 2 to 3 months they come out after no brain activity on their own after doctors said no hope and they would have severe brain damage. 

I wonder how they have any memories of the times they were clinically dead and coma. My father and grandmother had many details of other realms and watching people here before returning. With my father and different hospitals, I found many different treating doctors with stories of OB they couldn't explain about their patients but they had no desire to document but just to give hope to their other patients. 

I wish there were more scientific studies done on elderly and terminal people for us to better understand what is involved.

Its true that you can see things. During my nde i somehow saw what happened. My friends were really shocked that i knew what hit me because it was a suprise to the back of my head. All i saw otherwise was a white point of light drawing me but i was very stubborn and upset and turned around and came back.  I awoke with a start getting carried away they said i had no pulse or breath and was definitely dead.  I wish i could have seen more but everything just seemed like darkness compared to that window of light. 

Edited by Nnicolette

On August 26, 2016 at 6:45 PM, ChrLzs said:

Im just telling you what happened, and i went back to the emergency room no problem and shook the doctors hand, as for documenting it... Thats why i told the e.r. doctor what happened, unfortunately there is no where for either of us to take this thing any further. It happened, weird little life mystery, and so we move on, he goes back to saving lives and i go back to my life. I constantly question my true faith to a higher power, and usually i get my proof. Lets just say God has a sick sense of humor. Im talking signs way beyond coincidence or connective perspective, im talking signs that give me chills. 

Im rational too, god isnt some toga wearing old dude with a bushy beard, nor is it this mother nature earth spirit stuff. God can be whatever it needs to be at any point in time. But you def feel its presence when its there. 

I dunno.  If I'm dying or near dying, and I see dead relatives appearing, I'd find it comforting.  No one truly knows what's beyond death (some kind of afterlife, darkness, or perhaps going to the next life etc etc).  I still dream about my favourite aunt, who died ten years ago, so if I see her before I die, I'm okay with that.  

On 8/22/2016 at 1:21 PM, Elsupremo said:

For me the matrix is the current false cosmological construct put forth by academia as science but that is really foolishness. This along with occult institutions like masonry cloud our perception of reality through addiction to useless technology for us while they live in a technological wonderland that can only be observed with the help of ingesting an odd looking stick of cinnamon that can only be gotten in the Fairy kingdom. Now the meaning of the matrix is in the word itself. Ma's tricks that keep us acting like children are the matrix. Ma's trixs are perpetrated by Ma's sons the Masons. Who is the head of worldwide masonry? The Queen of England is. That Ma. Or as the Britts call her Mum. I'm just kidding. I just don't like the Brittish.

Wow.  You've watch The Matrix one too many times.

So, you have proof to back all of this up, right?