Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Love spells are wrong!

LostSouls7

As a mage I love magic. I use it to make easy money, and also heal myself. I have a thing about not using curses. Unless you hurt or kill someone I love.

Then hell will be unleashed upon thy with no 2nd thoughts!

But on to love spells these are wrong and cowardly. Binding someone with a spell or potion is very wrong.

Love should be free and natural, no one should be forced to love via magic.

I have never found love, but i would never do this spell. For i know the love would be a lie.

Thank you. please post your thoughts on the mattter.

• Like 1

Love spells = controlling another person and that's NEVER right no matter who you are

• Like 2

Though I do not really accept the concept of magic I also was under the impression that using artificial means to compel someone to "love" another for someone else's gains/profit/benefit is wrong.

Once the spell wears off then what?

53 minutes ago, Ryu said:

Once the spell wears off then what?

You're saddled with child support. 

I don't know if I failed when I went to hogwarts but I've never had a single spell work like so many claim. That is unless I completely remove my ability to have rational thought. I call it bunko.

Word of the day kids.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/bunko

• Like 5

If one is going to do a love spell you don't do it to affect a particular person. That is just trouble, if they're not the right person spell isn't going to stick anyway and will just end up being a lot of heart break.   You do the spell for the person who is right for you to come into your life. 

• Like 1

Why not use magick to make yourself a better person first? Instead of going after some selfish desire? I mean I gave up the whole cast a wish things a few years ago. What I do amount to a creative use of affirmations.:tu:

• Like 1

Just the idea of going through a bunch of hocus pocus to facilitate a desired outcome is off-putting. Unfortunately. most people are hardwired for it and wrongly assume they are capable of effecting a particular outcome through thought alone. This and other faulty logic underpin magic and spell casting at every turn. I don't for a moment believe it is possible.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LostSouls7 said:

As a mage I love magic. I use it to make easy money, and also heal myself. I have a thing about not using curses. Unless you hurt or kill someone I love.

Then hell will be unleashed upon thy with no 2nd thoughts!

But on to love spells these are wrong and cowardly. Binding someone with a spell or potion is very wrong.

Love should be free and natural, no one should be forced to love via magic.

I have never found love, but i would never do this spell. For i know the love would be a lie.

I agree , unless they are someone who hurt or killed someone I love ... then it would be okay , yeah ? 

2 hours ago, Clair said:

Just the idea of going through a bunch of hocus pocus to facilitate a desired outcome is off-putting. Unfortunately. most people are hardwired for it and wrongly assume they are capable of effecting a particular outcome through thought alone. This and other faulty logic underpin magic and spell casting at every turn. I don't for a moment believe it is possible.

<sends her a bunch of roses and a box of chocolates and this box ... 

aa90e4875bfe5cdde0ee5c49930345bc.jpg   

.....   what  ?    That isnt magic .....   ;)

• Like 3

rb-applying-makeup-8-0809-de.jpg

Oh ... come on now ...    this !  ?   ...  

Thats just a bit of makeup. 

Edited by back to earth

For wert thou to summon the Gnomes to pander to thine avarice, thou wouldst no longer command them, but they would command thee. Wouldst thou abuse the pure beings of the woods and mountains to fill thy coffers and satisfy thy hunger of Gold? Wouldst thou debase the Spirits of Living Fire to serve thy wrath and hatred? Wouldst thou violate the purity of the Souls of the Waters to pander to thy lust of debauchery? Wouldst thou force the Spirits of the Evening Breeze to minister to thy folly and caprice? Know that with such desires thou canst but attract the Weak, not the Strong, and in that case the Weak will have power over thee.

-  Oh yeah ! 

• Like 2

When I observe modern western society as a single person  (as some psychologists do ... their prognosis is very poor by the way )  I can easily see how we have abused the woods and the mountains ( and the pure waters and the air .... and thermonuclear fire .....  )

yes ! The hunger for gold does have 'power OVER 'thee' . 

3 hours ago, back to earth said:

<sends her a bunch of roses and a box of chocolates and this box ... 

aa90e4875bfe5cdde0ee5c49930345bc.jpg   

.....   what  ?    That isnt magic .....   ;)

It's not magic, it's a ruse. You want to win me over so that you can sacrifice me to the Gnomes in the woods. I just know it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Why not use magick to make yourself a better person first? Instead of going after some selfish desire? I mean I gave up the whole cast a wish things a few years ago. What I do amount to a creative use of affirmations.:tu:

It seems that, to me anyways, that the idea of using "magic" simply goes to show that people want an easy, quick-fix to a situation because it is viewed as an easy way out, personal effort is an obsolete concept I guess.

Being decent, civil and kind never needed magic, just a little effort in personal development. If someone happens to enter your life then it is great, if not then that is just how it is.

• Like 2

stealing someone's freewill is always wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clair said:

It's not magic, it's a ruse. You want to win me over so that you can sacrifice me to the Gnomes in the woods. I just know it.

Nope, simply looking for a moondance. :wub:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GreenmansGod said:

Nope, simply looking for a moondance. :wub:

Oh yeah for sure. :lol:  But one has to admit that giving prezzies is a far nicer way of going about it. Holing yourself up in a dingy candle lit basement somewhere, clutching rose thorns in one hand and the still beating heart of your intended in the other, is rather sad. Messier too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Clair said:

A woman goes home, she spends 2 hours finding the right clothes and another hour on hygiene. She has the clothes, the make up, and persona. It's all a glamour. A front. The image of attraction. Not only do women do this men as well. There is a whole industry designed for the illusion of beauty. All those actions some people take are 'rituals' in the broadest sense. 

7 hours ago, Ryu said:

It seems that, to me anyways, that the idea of using "magic" simply goes to show that people want an easy, quick-fix to a situation because it is viewed as an easy way out, personal effort is an obsolete concept I guess.

Being decent, civil and kind never needed magic, just a little effort in personal development. If someone happens to enter your life then it is great, if not then that is just how it is.

At it's foundation (at least to my knowledge based on what I was taught), magick is all about self improvement/personal development. The problem is pop culture magick. That whole The Secret B.S. :rolleyes:

The best 'magick' is when you combine intention with action. Sometimes those spell get your head in the right place, all it takes is the body to follow. Will and Desire hand in hand can move 'mountains'.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

A woman goes home, she spends 2 hours finding the right clothes and another hour on hygiene. She has the clothes, the make up, and persona. It's all a glamour. A front. The image of attraction. Not only do women do this men as well. There is a whole industry designed for the illusion of beauty. All those actions some people take are 'rituals' in the broadest sense. 

That sort of thing is done for a multitude of reasons, making oneself attractive to members of the opposite sex being but just one. I don't know about you or any of the others here, but when I get dressed in the morning, it is not with the intention of finding a mate. And even if that was the case, it's a far cry and a long way away from chanting your head off in a dingy basement somewhere.

Just now, Clair said:

That sort of thing is done for a multitude of reasons, making oneself attractive to members of the opposite sex being but just one. I don't know about you or any of the others here, but when I get dressed in the morning, it is not with the intention of finding a mate. And even if that was the case, it's a far cry and a long way away from chanting your head off in a dingy basement somewhere.

You're not grasping what I'm saying. It's about the mindset and the image of being something you're not. A different persona (such as invoking a spirit/god/storybook character). So you put up this image. Doesn't always have to be for dating or the day to day, of course that depends on what type of person you want people to perceive you as being. If you run a business your persona is different than the one at home. We are of many faces. 

The mantra's and chanting are just affirmations. A means of programming a belief into your head. Again it's about the mindset. I could flip a mental switch and invoke my previous persona if I chose too. I could even go back farther when I was a believer in the supernatural. I would carry myself in a manner equal to that personality switch. 

If someone cast a spell to get someone to love them, the minimum worst is they think that XYZ person has a thing for them. At the maximum you get to some dangerous stuff. Heavy obsession. It's all about mental programming. 

https://mara-gamiel.blogspot.com/2007/09/psychological-model-of-magick.html

I am a practitioner of Austin Osman Spare's method of sigil magick. It is the only system that 'works' especially for me because I understand the principals behind it. No hocus pocus, mystical mumbo jumbo, or quantum woo woo. It's all about the effect that symbols have on the psyche.

Now to go back on topic, a love spell will not affect the target. Unless telepathy can be proven legit. Until then it's all in your head.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The mantra's and chanting are just affirmations. A means of programming a belief into your head. Again it's about the mindset. I could flip a mental switch and invoke my previous persona if I chose too. I could even go back farther when I was a believer in the supernatural. I would carry myself in a manner equal to that personality switch. 

Okay got it. Thanks for the explanation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Clair said:

Oh yeah for sure. :lol:  But one has to admit that giving prezzies is a far nicer way of going about it. Holing yourself up in a dingy candle lit basement somewhere, clutching rose thorns in one hand and the still beating heart of your intended in the other, is rather sad. Messier too.

This isn't a horror movie, it's love magick.  Don't have a  basement, I'm in Florida.  I do my magick by moonlight  with nice crackling fire, in the woods or on the beach.  The only thing beating is a drum. You get all that going on you don't need magick.  ;)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Clair said:

Noooo 

I want you to pander to my lust of debauchery 

T6MtF3W.gif

• Like 3

On 7/18/2016 at 1:00 PM, LostSouls7 said:

Many early Christians indulged in Christian magic; love spell was but one of the many "holy" spells, curses, and remedies, such as amulets, indulgences, prayers, etc., to counteract Christian "holy" magic.