Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did i astral project?

Stevie-lee94

6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Okay I'm going to play devils advocate here. Let's say that astral projection is legit, people can ghost around. If so then 99% of ghost are people astral projecting. 99% of poltergeist activity is caused by astral projectors, and 50% of 'demonic' possessions are caused by astral projectors trying to take over the minds of others. The other 50% is mental illness.

This also make psychic attacks legit, in that a ghost should (in theory) be able to affect another persons spirit. But if people can legitimately project out of their bodies, then why don't we have a powerful psy-ops group screwing over ISIS right now? You'd think that if astral projection is real and possibly the cause of poltergeist activity, that there would be real people trained to remotely damage someone. Cutting off blood flow to the brain or moving the right object at the correct time in order to cause a targets death.

Now let's jump into this and say that since consciousness can be projected then perhaps telepathy is real. So is psychokinesis and all it takes is the absolute concentration of thought to affect something. If this were the case I'd be one of the most dangerous individuals on the planet. Because according to some of the L.O.A. lore it only take 68 seconds of pure thought to affect reality. I used a symbolic means to focus intent (sigil) which I focused my mind on for up to 20 minutes are more. This means that I should have the mental force to crack the planet. 

Yet where is all this stuff in real life? Where are the astral jedi? The psy-ops soldier who can kill a goat with the focus of their minds?

Who are you playing devils advocate with? No one is saying all that. We are just saying astral travel is something that actually happens. Well in my case I seriously lean that way anyway. I have no idea if astral travel is responsible for any of theses things you mentioned. In fact I seriously doubt it.

• Like 1

Hey Clair, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind, telling your astral projection story?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, joc said:

I have four very important words for everyone:

The Laws of Physics

Forgive me if im wrong joc, but aren't you a Christian?

8 hours ago, Clair said:

Besides, if indeed real astral travel was possible, we'd all be doing it. because, hey, how cool would that be.

It is by far the coolest thing Ive ever experienced. Real or not in this regard isn't even relevant. It seems as real as anything. Fear stops most people from doing it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Hey Clair, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind, telling your astral projection story?

It's nothing spectacular, but sure. During a sleep paralysis episode, I found myself floating out of my bedroom and making my way through the house floor by floor all the way to the front door. Once there I hesitated going through it because I sensed the presence of something or someone on the other side it. I wasn't frightened, but wondered if I was in another dimension. I thought about what I should do next for about a minute before deciding that the smartest thing would be to get back to bed.

Do you have an experience you'd like to share?

Oh and thanks for posting that video. I am familiar with that case and will respond as soon as I have time to get my thoughts together on it.

• Like 1

The only story I have is a case of two bilocations. The first being on a evening that I decided to work over and as I was walking to work my mother and father (it's a backyard business) saw me enter their house, walk all the way through to the back door. Only to actually show up 5 minutes later to be asked if I had already come through. I didn't.

The second and last instance of this was after having spent 3 months working 16 hours a day every day. I came home, ate dinner, showered, kiss my wife and kids goodnight and passed out in bed. My wife remarked to me the next that that I had gotten up and stood at the bedroom door. Yet I she could see that I was in the bed.

That's it. I still doubt that these events happened.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Clair said:

It's nothing spectacular, but sure. During a sleep paralysis episode, I found myself floating out of my bedroom and making my way through the house floor by floor all the way to the front door. Once there I hesitated going through it because I sensed the presence of something or someone on the other side it. I wasn't frightened, but wondered if I was in another dimension. I thought about what I should do next for about a minute before deciding that the smartest thing would be to get back to bed.

Do you have an experience you'd like to share?

Oh and thanks for posting that video. I am familiar with that case and will respond as soon as I have time to get my thoughts together on it.

Its crazy how we can respond so differently to similar situations. I spent 3 days examining my entire spiritual existence after my first astral projection lol. An that was just the start. I actually posted my first experience here. I'll get cha a link if you are interested in reading it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Its crazy how we can respond so differently to similar situations. I spent 3 days examining my entire spiritual existence after my first astral projection lol. An that was just the start. I actually posted my first experience here. I'll get cha a link if you are interested in reading it.

Yes we do respond differently, don't we. Thanks for sharing your first experience, it was interesting. It's no surprise that the memory of such experiences remain, as they are so very vivid. When I had mine, I did not at all view it as a spiritual one. I knew it was a dream, albeit a weird one. During my trip around the house I was able to notice some details that were off. For example, my piano was in a different room, my mother's study looked as though a cyclone had gone through it, and the first floor had no furniture whatsoever. Indeed, the house got progressively spookier as I descended floor by floor. Had everything remained the same, I might have started second guessing what actually happened.

On 7/19/2016 at 11:07 PM, Clair said:

No one should have to alter or hide their beliefs out of fear of being committed. Yet, at the same time, if some experiences are a result of mental or physical illness, does it not behoove a person to have it treated? Besides, not all experiences (such as hallucinations) are a sign of either type illness. They could be attributed to something as simple as exhaustion. Furthermore, there is no reason for anyone to have to integrate. Besides, chances are you will find more people who believe you than do not, that's how pervasive some of these beliefs are.

In the case of astral travel, the experience is so vivid, so real, I can understand why someone would believe it actually happened. I can also understand why they would get frustrated if few believed them. No one doubts the experience itself. The doubt comes in as to whether that experience was indeed real or if it was a lucid or other type dream. All evidence thus far points to the latter. Besides, if indeed real astral travel was possible, we'd all be doing it. because, hey, how cool would that be.

You used the word "behoove".  I am your ally until death now.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2016 at 8:41 PM, crystal sage said:

Here is a sentence in the link you provided:   There’s a quiet revolution underway in theoretical physics ... Please note the key word in the sentence...Theoretical..

...as opposed to...Factual.   It goes like this...Theory: you can change time and matter with your mind.  Fact:  Not so much...actually...not at all!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

Here is a sentence in the link you provided:   There’s a quiet revolution underway in theoretical physics ... Please note the key word in the sentence...Theoretical..

...as opposed to...Factual.   It goes like this...Theory: you can change time and matter with your mind.  Fact:  Not so much...actually...not at all!

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/changing-our-dna-through-mind-control/ 

The therapeutic potential of the mind-body intersect is well-known. Biofeedback – in which sensor-clad patients learn awareness of and control over various physiologic functions – has been around for decades and is used to treat pain, headache, high blood pressure and sleep problems, among numerous other conditions. And of course there’s the placebo effect, the complicated yet very real psychobiological benefit achieved from a patient’s expectations of a treatment rather than the treatment itself.

and  http://themindunleashed.org/2013/09/mind-over-matter-princeton-russian.html   and ...  http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulrodgers/2014/05/19/einstein-was-right-you-can-turn-energy-into-matter/#2f673d135c14 ... ergo... if you turn matter into energy.. you can also turn energy into matter..    Also this was interesting.. http://unilibrium.net/howplantshelpeachothergrowbytelepathy.php

Edited by crystal sage

On 7/19/2016 at 3:09 PM, Clair said:

Granted it's not a study, but there's a smattering of research behind it. There's an actual study done in Canada though that you might find interesting (PDF version is provided below). Apparently, it was the first time that a voluntary OBE experience was analyzed scientifically. By 'voluntary' I mean that the person had trained themselves to experience it.

The findings are interesting. The fMRI showed a strong deactivation of the visual cortex while activating the left side of several areas associated with kinesthetic imagery, which includes mental imagery of bodily movement. This is the part of the brain that gives us a sense of where our body is in relation to everything around us.

The experience was real in so far as the subject experienced what she claimed she did, but it was not proof of her soul (or whatever) leaving her body for a little jaunt about town. If anything, this study further convinced researchers that astral travel is a type of hallucination triggered by some neurological mechanism, and that some people are able to activate this mechanism at will.

Voluntary OBE Experience: An fMRI Study - http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cns/resources/Frontiers_OBE_fMRI.pdf

Thanks for the link, although that's a mixed thanks cause now that's a bunch of reading I gotta do haha. Joking aside these are the links I want, actual studies. I linked to one myself in another (similar) thread. 

Maybe I'm not understanding your post, but it sounds like the study was inconclusive. 

Have you read/watched documentaries where people consistently have similar reports where they left their body and saw objects in unique positions then were later confirmed? What do you make of this? If you think they are simply lying that's a totally acceptable answer I'm just curious of your perspective.

On 7/19/2016 at 4:07 PM, preacherman76 said:

I gotta respectfully disagree with you here internetperson. Ive met a few people, couple on this board who have more then proven themselves trust worthy, who have had several confirmations that their consciousness extended beyond their physical body. White Crane Feather, who unfortunately doesn't come here anymore, has had a few really good experiences that were confirmed by seeing things that ended actually being so, including going on an adventure with his son, who remembered the experience same as he did.

I myself had a confirmation the very first time I projected.

Understandable. I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything. I've had an experience myself after having a nasty seizure however even though it seems very real it's hard to convince even myself as that to being hard evidence of OBE or astral travel or whatever. I mean a seizure is pretty serious the brain is just going haywire. That being said I don't rule the theory out, this is why I said earlier the only true answer (in my mind) is nobody knows. Even with the links posted you gotta admit astral travel or whatever term used has hardly been researched when compared to other medical things. 

Something to keep in mind is the term 'evidence' is relative. My pet peeve with ufo people is their use of the word 'proof.' Hell, I don't even rule out UFO's but I've never seen what I consider proof.