Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

52% of Brits don't believe it really happened

jethrofloyd

10 minutes ago, Abaddonire said:

Colloquial term for exposing ones butt. You don't even know that. What are the chances that you know anything about the lunar landing?

And you repeated yourself in the same post so I'm not sure you're up to speed with things technical either! :lol: Plus, why would I be expected to know every colloquial term outside of the area I live in? You obviously lack a sense of humour.

We've gone off topic so I'm outta here.

1 minute ago, ouija ouija said:

And you repeated yourself in the same post so I'm not sure you're up to speed with things technical either! :lol: Plus, why would I be expected to know every colloquial term outside of the area I live in? You obviously lack a sense of humour.

We've gone off topic so I'm outta here.

Why are you fleeing? Surely if you believe you can prove no lunar landings ever happened, you must have evidence for such a claim?

Either you have no evidence for that claim or you do have evidence for that claim.

Avoiding, at all cost, investing in an evidentiary discussion leads only to one conclusion.

As to colloquial expressions, it would take serious effort to be UNAWARE of those. One would have to make serious effort to insulate ones self in a cocoon of ignorance to be unaware of such expressions. It would take serious effort to ignore the world around oneself. It boggles the mind why anyone would intentionally undertake such an effort.

As to things technical, I am a graduate engineer with a string of letters after my name. Sure, this is an easy thing to claim. Fair enough. Any internet random yahoo could claim anything.  

But there is a difference. I can and will provide you with my professional accreditation as an engineer. You will not. I will gladly provide the details to verify my accreditation. You will not.

Why might that be? 

And I will tell you why that might not be.

It isn't that you lack the courage of your own convictions, it is that you have no conviction at all. You clearly not only know nothing, you proclaim about things you are ignorant about as if you knew anything about them.

That is called lying, whichever way one slices it.

Ok, let's not get nasty now. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

:w00t: And this also from the survey

So the next time you Limeys want to poke fun at Murica, just keep this in mind :tu:

Well I guess that you Septics just can't take a joke.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

Ok, let's not get nasty now. 

It isn't nasty at all. It is more than irritating that those absent any qualification whatsoever hold forth about topics in which they have absolutely no qualifications. I worked hard to attain my degrees. That doesn't make me any better than my fellow man in any way whatever level of schooling he/she might have had.

Where it gets to be a problem is when ignorance is declared as somehow being a virtue. 

1 hour ago, Abaddonire said:

And I will tell you why that might not be.

It isn't that you lack the courage of your own convictions, it is that you have no conviction at all. You clearly not only know nothing, you proclaim about things you are ignorant about as if you knew anything about them.

That is called lying, whichever way one slices it.

Dude.  You are picking on a nice lady that chooses not to believe in something and doesn't care to argue about her beliefs.  Sure she's obviously wrong about this but don't pick on her please.

If I ask you to provide your qualifications and you don't can I call you a liar.  Keep in mind that you will have to expose who you are to a bunch of random strangers on the internet.

Edited by OverSword

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Dude.  You are picking on a nice lady that chooses not to believe in something and doesn't care to argue about her beliefs.  Sure she's obviously wrong about this but don't pick on her please.

If I ask you to provide your qualifications and you don't can I call you a liar.  Keep in mind that you will have to expose who you are to a bunch of random strangers on the internet.

I have little patience for anonymous cowards who think that the intertubes somehow give them licence to claim that to which they are not entitled.

Enjoy.

That's me and that is my accreditation. I am not scared of who I am. It seems others are. They are not my responsibility.

scan0001.jpg

• Like 2

So now, you could probably find my home address, possibly even my phone number and email.

But you aren't that manner of freak, right?

• Like 1

Only if I want you to have a beer with me.  Then I'm a bit of a freak.

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Only if I want you to have a beer with me.  Then I'm a bit of a freak.

Oh I will have a friendly brew with you any time. 

8 hours ago, Abaddonire said:

I have little patience for anonymous cowards who think that the intertubes somehow give them licence to claim that to which they are not entitled.

Enjoy.

That's me and that is my accreditation. I am not scared of who I am. It seems others are. They are not my responsibility.

Anonymous cowards? And you're not being nasty, you try to claim? 

And i'm afraid you lose twenty points for the satirical word "intertubes". 

• Like 2

Anything over 10% of true disbelievers would be an indictment of the education system. It would need to be polled professionally though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2016 at 7:49 AM, OverSword said:

Dude.  You are picking on a nice lady that chooses not to believe in something and doesn't care to argue about her beliefs.

She may well be a 'nice lady', but isn't this a discussion forum?  And yet it's not just here.... 

......here she is, doing the exact same cowardly post-and-run-away on another thread, where she AGAIN was spreading this same misinformation and AGAIN refusing to discuss it:

angeltantrum.gif  Hahaha!

I feel obliged to comment that I still believe the moon landing was faked. No amount of 'facts' will make me change my mind. I was seventeen at the time, and listening to it on the radio, live, at a 'gut' level, an intuitive level, I knew that what I was hearing was false.

Yeah, 'nice'.  A nice slap to the face of those who made Apollo happen.  And a refusal to even consider the fact that she might be wrong.  Is that what this place is about - posting unchallenged bullmanure?  "No amount of 'facts' will make me change my mind"????  Then why the heck is she here?  If you want your bullmanure to be unchallenged, then go set up a blog.  Spreading it here smells bad.

Sure she's obviously wrong about this but don't pick on her please.

So she can pick on others by calling astronauts (and everyone else who worked on Apollo) liars, but we can't point out her errors because that's picking on her??

If she gets insulted personally and unfairly, then report the posts.  Otherwise, she and you, Oversword, need to toughen up.

Edited by ChrLzs
to correct bad formatting
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

She may well be a 'nice lady', but isn't this a discussion forum?  And yet it's not just here.... 

......here she is, doing the exact same cowardly post-and-run-away on another thread, where she AGAIN was spreading this same misinformation and AGAIN refusing to discuss it:

Yeah, 'nice'.  A nice slap to the face of those who made Apollo happen.  And a refusal to even consider the fact that she might be wrong.  Is that what this place is about - posting unchallenged bullmanure?  "No amount of 'facts' will make me change my mind"????  Then why the heck is she here?  If you want your bullmanure to be unchallenged, then go set up a blog.  Spreading it here smells bad.

So she can pick on others by calling astronauts (and everyone else who worked on Apollo) liars, but we can't point out her errors because that's picking on her??

If she gets insulted personally and unfairly, then report the posts.  Otherwise, she and you, Oversword, need to toughen up.

Do you think that there is some psychological issue at play here with Ouija?  She was 17 years old and listening to the actual landing but refuses to believe it is happening at the time, or ever happened even all these years later despite the massive amount of evidence that increases yearly.  Some kind of trauma perhaps that she has forgotten or blocked out? 

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Thanks for the great input Chris. :tu:

You sure learned me.  From now on I'll try to be tough. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

My ears were burning! :lol:

ChrLz, I'm pretty sure that 'those who made Apollo happen' don't feel slapped ....... in fact, I'm confident that they have never even heard of me. :) With reference to Merc14's most recent post, I'm wondering if perhaps you have been traumatised in some way, to have such an OTT reaction? There are quite a few things that I know to be true but would never attempt to discuss them at UM because they cannot be proved. This does not make them untrue. This is why I make a post and then 'walk away'. I am as entitled as anyone else to state my thoughts here.

Merc14: sorry, can't come up with a response to that.

ChrLz: OverSword knows there is a lot more to me than the posts that for some reason have you blowing a gasket.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ouija ouija said:

ChrLz, I'm pretty sure that 'those who made Apollo happen' don't feel slapped ....... in fact, I'm confident that they have never even heard of me. :) With reference to Merc14's most recent post, I'm wondering if perhaps you have been traumatised in some way, to have such an OTT reaction? There are quite a few things that I know to be true but would never attempt to discuss them at UM because they cannot be proved. This does not make them untrue. This is why I make a post and then 'walk away'. I am as entitled as anyone else to state my thoughts here.

Merc14: sorry, can't come up with a response to that.

ChrLz: OverSword knows there is a lot more to me than the posts that for some reason have you blowing a gasket.

I did not post that to be mean I posted it because what you said makes zero sense.   You were 17 years old and listened, real time, to the first landing and didn't believe it was happening.  OK  I understand as there was many people back then but as the years went by and the subsequent missions went to the Moon and none of the enemies of the USA disputed that the Americans had landed on the Moon a logical person would start to think they were in error .  Nowadays we have satellite images of the equipment of the tracks we made and of our equipment yet you steadfastly don't believe it happened and further state that no matter what evidence was presented you wouldn't believe it really happened.

Do you see my quandary?  That last part about "no evidence could ever convince me it happened" is what sets your disbelief apart from any other I have ever encountered.  No one I know of has ever stated "I don't care what you show me, I won't believe it is true", they usually say "Well, if you brought me to the Moon and showed me the equipment I'd believe it" or something similar but not you.   You say nothing could convince you it happened.  It is, frankly, a very bizarre stance and some kind of traumatic experience at the time is all I can think of that would make an intelligent person, such as yourself, feel that way. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

I did not post that to be mean I posted it because what you said makes zero sense.   You were 17 years old and listened, real time, to the first landing and didn't believe it was happening.  OK  I understand as there was many people back then but as the years went by and the subsequent missions went to the Moon and none of the enemies of the USA disputed that the Americans had landed on the Moon a logical person would start to think they were in error .  Nowadays we have satellite images of the equipment of the tracks we made and of our equipment yet you steadfastly don't believe it happened and further state that no matter what evidence was presented you wouldn't believe it really happened.

Do you see my quandary?  That last part about "no evidence could ever convince me it happened" is what sets your disbelief apart from any other I have ever encountered.  No one I know of has ever stated "I don't care what you show me, I won't believe it is true", they usually say "Well, if you brought me to the Moon and showed me the equipment I'd believe it" or something similar but not you.   You say nothing could convince you it happened.  It is, frankly, a very bizarre stance and some kind of traumatic experience at the time is all I can think of that would make an intelligent person, such as yourself, feel that way. 

I do see your quandary, but what I actually said was: "No amount of 'facts' will make me change my mind". The important point is that the word 'facts' is in inverted commas ....... todays 'facts' can sometimes be tomorrow's lies exposed.

27 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

I do see your quandary, but what I actually said was: "No amount of 'facts' will make me change my mind". The important point is that the word 'facts' is in inverted commas ....... todays 'facts' can sometimes be tomorrow's lies exposed.

No they don't change if they are actual, physical objects that have been in place since 1969 and the early '70's.   You are playing with words to avoid the fact that what you said is utterly bizarre.  Your stand is way beyond the normal moon hoax CTer's stand because you have said there is nothing that could prove to you we landed on the Moon back in 1969.   

No skin off my back, I just find it interesting and wonder how someone could develop in a way that allows this type of behavior.   I suggested a trauma of some kind during the landings which makes your mind unable to except that the landings occurred but you deny that so I am out of guesses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, unclefred said:

Ask them about Diane. :rolleyes:

Ask me what about Diana?

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 4:24 PM, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

I don't think I've ever heard any Brits express any doubt concerning it whatsoever, to be honest I think that seems to be a phenomenon peculiar to certain of the more peculiar elements of the American conspiracy theory industry. Who was it came up with this ASTONISHING AND SHOCKING NEW SURVEY? Oh, Online mobile retailer e2save . Well, that sounds a reputable source of canvassing public opionion. The survey quizzed more than 1003 UK adults aged 18+ in partnership with Atomik Research ! Would that be 1004 then? 

The criticisms of the moon landing film are weak.

Stuff like double shadows. If I was president I would make sure they took plenty of lighting equipment up to make the most of the PR event. I would also see the logic in having them leave to setup the lights, re-enter the capsule and then film the first steps until it was just right. Then broadcast the best one.

Heck I would probably have sent 5 capsules and made them all land on the moon just to make sure at least one made it. Then tell everyone it was Neil Armstrong and the others. And play a pre-recorded landing audio clip. The reason being is a failure with loss of astronauts live on tv would be hugely embarrassing and an inconvenience to my re-election campaign.

11 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

And so they should have been.

ChrLz, I'm pretty sure that 'those who made Apollo happen' don't feel slapped ....

Well,  I know for sure some of them ARE offended by you and others (thankfully a dwindling group) who keep pushing this ignorance.  That's because I know some of them, and have met many others over the years, given my interest in this topic.  Hint - Parkes radio telescope, internet correspondence - search on my name and you'll see just how long I have been involved in fighting this wilful ignorance (or trolling)...

And this really just shows how little you know about the topic (or is your head in the sand?) even from this point of view - do you not know how Buzz Aldrin and his daughter were harassed, along with Neil Armstrong and his family, even Stanley Kubrick and his family were annoyed by the idiocy about him having filmed the mission..

But that isn't the main issue here - YOU have chosen, on several threads now, to deny Apollo.  On every occasion, you have been completely unwilling to support that, or even listen to opposing viewpoints, or answer questions.  WTH do you think this forum is for?  I find it incredibly rude that anyone would act like that - it is exactly the same as (perhaps worse than) trolling..  At least trolls will sometimes stay around to make it quite clear that they are just joking.  But not you.  You make the claim and then run away.

With reference to Merc14's most recent post, I'm wondering if perhaps you have been traumatised in some way, to have such an OTT reaction?

If it makes you feel better, feel free to believe more silliness.  I'm not the one running for it, and refusing to talk about the actual topic.  Nice try at a strawman though.....

There are quite a few things that I know to be true but would never attempt to discuss them at UM because they cannot be proved. This does not make them untrue. This is why I make a post and then 'walk away'. I am as entitled as anyone else to state my thoughts here.

And we are entitled to ask you to support your claims.  And criticise you if you then run away.  What you want to do does NOT belong on a discussion forum.  How's about you look up the words DISCUSSION FORUM - to me it seems pretty obvious what that means.  This place is NOT your personal blog.

• Like 1