Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boris Johnson grilled over past

questionmark

Boris Johnson was embarrassingly forced onto the back foot during his first London press conference as foreign secretary on Tuesday as he was repeatedly pressed to explain his past “outright lies” and insults about world leaders, including describing the president of the United States as part Kenyan and hypocritical.

Standing alongside John Kerry, the US secretary of state, Johnson claimed his remarks had been misconstrued, that his past journalism had been taken out of context, and world leaders he had met since his appointment fully understood his past remarks.

Johnson was holding a press conference designed to showcase the continuing closeness of the UK-US special relationship in the wake of Brexit, as well as the joint commitment to finding a solution to the crisis in Syria.

Read more on The Guardian

All the utter bollox that Western leaders have spouted about V. Putin, it makes a nice change to see someone being forthright about the One About Whom No Word of Criticism Must Ever Be Voiced, Or You Are A Vile Racist. 

• Like 2

And what exactly is incorrect about calling B. Obama hypocritical? I could think of a lot worse things one could quite legitimately say.

• Like 1

Great we have someone whose ruffled a few feathers. like the good old days.

• Like 1

Whenever i see the title to this Thread I keep expecting it to read "Boris Johnson grilled over a low flame for twenty minutes until tender".

Was Kerry grilled over all the lies he's told as Secretary of State and for the acts of brutality he committed in Vietnam?

By the way, I'm glad American and EU leaders are dismayed at Boris's appointment as Home Secretary. They're obviously very worried.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 2