Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The latest PC absurdity

Space Commander Travis

Just an FYI, I think a lot of people are getting hung up on the term 'hate crime'. IMO it's not a good term because it doesn't sound like what it is.

A hate crime is something violent or offensive that targets someone because of their perceived membership of a group (in this case, gender). It doesn't have to stem from 'hate'.

Interestingly, any action can come under this heading if someone finds it offensive. I.E. if anyone finds it offensive (everyday sense), it is an offense (legal sense). But a court will take into account the reasonableness of the offense taken.

On July 20, 2016 at 4:33 AM, LV-426 said:

I can absolutely understand that this is unwanted attention for some women, and it's not something I'd ever do myself, but "hate crime"?

Seriously, we live in a country where Islamic schools are allowed to teach young boys that women are essentially doormats, and this is where Police invest their resources... time to reassess priorities I'd say.

Amen to that! Your country is weak. It's time to take it back from the PC nitwits who criminalize and surveil you. I think that wolf whistling is lame, but grown women can handle childish nonsense. They might miss it when they get older. Who knows? Again, it's silly and stupid, but there are many much worse things. The idiots, in charge, should concentrate on *those* things.

On 7/23/2016 at 0:48 AM, aquatus1 said:

Political Correctness is the revocation of the ability to say and act how you feel without fear of the consequences.

That ability never really existed, being routinely impolitic has always ruffled feathers, but the goalposts do seemed to have been moved in the direction of walking on eggshells.