Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is most silliest conspiracy theory?

BSbunker

Don't know about the silliest CT, but "trickle down economics" is about the biggest bullship ever !

13 minutes ago, Oniomancer said:

The recent chemtrail thread reminded me of sprinkler rainbow woman:

:lol::D  Actually I am pretty sure she posts on this site but I won't mention any names. :tu:

• Like 1

Try this one I find particularly silly: NASA has been hiding how the universe as we know it works. A PHD scientist, whose name escapes me, believe that comets do not exhaust material, rather they collect it, AND they act as an electrical conduit between planets, causing some kind of mayhem. This is what destroyed the atmosphere on Mars! Also these comets grow to become the size of planets. Venus is one such comet that somehow achieved an elliptical (as opposed to a parabolic) orbit around the sun. 

Seriously, I have a friend, who in some ways is highly intelligent, who has been taken in by this "scientist" on the web who has been spouting this drivel. He sincerely believes NASA is involved in hiding all this information from mere mortals like you and me. He also believes the Moon landing was faked, that we have not actually left Earth since the Van Allen radiation belts kill any living thing passing through them and so forth. That Russia supposedly beat us to the Moon (not sure how they got through the radiation belts). Of course they are also hiding information about UFOs and life on other worlds.

Try as I might, I cannot convince him that this is patent nonsense. So while it is silly, it has just enough "facts" to convince people of it's reality and that is a shame. 

14 hours ago, Oniomancer said:

The recent chemtrail thread reminded me of sprinkler rainbow woman:

Makes me cringe.

"There weren't rainbows in water spray when I was a child!"

Madam - being ignorant is not the basis for a valid opinion!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Slate said:

Vincent Van Gogh was Jack the Ripper.

I thought you were making a joke, what with Van Gogh slicing his ear off. So I googled it and there it is, artist Dale Larner spent five years researching and writing a book on Van Gogh being Jack the Ripper!

• Like 1

On 8/20/2016 at 1:56 AM, Derek Willis said:

I thought you were making a joke, what with Van Gogh slicing his ear off. So I googled it and there it is, artist Dale Larner spent five years researching and writing a book on Van Gogh being Jack the Ripper!

He had a thread here on UM that got closed.

As far as I can tell, he never found a publisher or self-published.