Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is most silliest conspiracy theory?

BSbunker

I rather lean toward that Reptilian Lizard notion (where all public figures are lizard aliens) as being the silliest thing I've ever heard.

• Like 9

An oldie but a goodie -  is the Earth is flat.

download_3.jpg

It all stays together - cos' there's is a big ice wall running around the edge. 

• Like 2

My favorite silly theory comes at the end of Dark Legacy. While the film does an amazing and in my opinion credible job of tying George HW Bush to the Kennedy assassination it makes a leap at the end and claims that George W Bush personally tampered with JFK Jr's aircraft to kill him in order to pay his dues to the powers that be so he could become president. 

• Like 1

It's hard to say what is the silliest conspiracy, but right of the bat these comes to mind:

- Reptilians

- Flat Earth

- Fake moonlanding

- World Trade Center brought down by nuke

- Nibiru/Annunaki

- Chemtrails

• Like 4

Satellites do not exist. Your TV is broadcast by hot air balloons as is your GPS and pretty much everything else. These balloons are invisible and impervious to being hit by air traffic. They are also geostationary and impervious to weather effects. They simply go high enough to avoid all of that. Furthermore, they are impervious to the solar radiation which renders the mythical, fantasy satellites impossible despite exposing themselves to the very same conditions. They must, perforce, be solar powered as once released batteries could not be replaced. All of this is perpetrated by the ebil gubmint because they are ebil and want to fool with everyones mind because, well, they are ebil, so **** you. This enormous expenditure is justified by the NWO because they want to depopulate the earth so that nobody cares anyway about any balloons. Did I mention they were ebil? Ebil gubmint needs no reason other that to expend insane amounts of money just to mildly irritate you. That is their aim. Because.

By now, you are probably thinking this a parody.

Sadly, it isn't.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

It's hard to say what is the silliest conspiracy, but right of the bat these comes to mind:

- Reptilians

- Flat Earth

- Fake moonlanding

- World Trade Center brought down by nuke

- Nibiru/Annunaki

- Chemtrails

When you see what happened in Flint you have to wonder what the heck people think they need Chemtrails for.

I think overall, the Reptilians probably win. 

The Hollow Earth idea gets runner up. 

Sometimes I look around at the stupid and I find myself thinking...if only the Bloop was actually Cthulhu rising. 

Edited by ChaosRose

Adding to Noteverythingisaconspiracy's list:

Moon is a hologram

Space Nazis

9/11 was done with a space laser

HAARP controls minds, open portals, or some other idiotic claim.

I think that the Moon landings are a hoax CT is one of the more puzzling given how many believe it and the plethora of evidence proving they happened.  Of course hollow earth, flat earth, moon is a hologram and others are even more absurd but I tend to think you'd have to be mentally ill to believe them so....

Chemtrails

Ancient Aliens

Faked Moon Landing

Weather Control

Hollow Earth

They're all silly, actually.  I'd list every single one, but I'm sure they'll all be touched on by other posters.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BSbunker said:

Like title asks, what is most silliest conspiracy theory you have heard?

The WTC buildings were destroyed by thermite, nano-thermite, red/gray primer, CD explosives, nukes or by Directed Energy Weapons.

• Like 1

Why don't you take a look at this thread and post your thoughts 

Let's see.  A drunken guy recently approached me and said the CIA had just planted some sort of chip in his head the night before.  That seems fairly silly.

Now, if you ask me about the most outrageous idea related to conspiracy, I'd have to say it's the one which claims "there's no such thing" as that.  Because while the former is perhaps a nuisance at worst, the latter is outright dangerous, to say nothing of stupid.

Really, not even sure what this thread is meant to communicate.  Are you afraid "everyone" will start believing unreasonable theories and we'll spiral out of control, or what?

Because if you think it informs anyone that mental illness exists, then I can't imagine how unaware and unexposed you must think we are.

5 hours ago, W H I T E said:

Why don't you take a look at this thread and post your thoughts 

Let's see.  A drunken guy recently approached me and said the CIA had just planted some sort of chip in his head the night before.  That seems fairly silly.

Now, if you ask me about the most outrageous idea related to conspiracy, I'd have to say it's the one which claims "there's no such thing" as that.  Because while the former is perhaps a nuisance at worst, the latter is outright dangerous, to say nothing of stupid.

Who would ever suggest there are no conspiracies?   There are now conspiracies, have always been conspiracies and will always be conspiracies.  No rational person would suggest conspiracies do not exist.

Really, not even sure what this thread is meant to communicate.  Are you afraid "everyone" will start believing unreasonable theories and we'll spiral out of control, or what?

First of all I didn't start it, second I expect that you are a CT fanatic and so wanted to see what you thought of the dismissal of so many popular CTs and lastly no, not afraid of people spiraling out of control over ridiculous CTs but l do think they should be squashed ASAP.

Because if you think it informs anyone that mental illness exists, then I can't imagine how unaware and unexposed you must think we are.

Not sure what this bizarre statement means.

Edited by Merc14

1 minute ago, Merc14 said:

Who would ever suggest there are no conspiracies?   There are now conspiracies, have always been conspiracies and will always be conspiracies.  No rational person would suggest conspiracies do not exist.

It is surprising how many times this comes up. Apparently if you don't believe in some of the more over the top conspiracies it means that you think that there are no conspiracies at all.

It is most commonly seen when applied to UFO's. If you don't believe UFO's are alien spacecrafts, to some it automatically means that you don't believe in the possibility of alien life at all.

If I really believed that there was no conspiracies at all, wouldn't I have used the username Nothingisaconspiracy ? :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

It is surprising how many times this comes up. Apparently if you don't believe in some of the more over the top conspiracies it means that you think that there are no conspiracies at all.

It is most commonly seen when applied to UFO's. If you don't believe UFO's are alien spacecrafts, to some it automatically means that you don't believe in the possibility of alien life at all.

If I really believed that there was no conspiracies at all, wouldn't I have used the username Nothingisaconspiracy ? :rolleyes:

It is akin to the ET fanatics insisting that "skeptics" are afraid of life being found elsewhere in the galaxy or afraid of extraterrestrial life period.  It is there way to establish the dissenters are small minded morons while they are he enlightened ones.  The fact that it is completely false is irrelevant. 

Edited by Merc14

6 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

It is akin to the ET fanatics insisting that "skeptics" are afraid of life being found elsewhere in the galaxy or afraid of extraterrestrial life period.  It is there way to establish the dissenters are small minded morons while they are he enlightened ones.  The fact that it is completely false is irrelevant. 

To the UFO crowd, anything short of super advanced aliens would probably be a letdown or just dismissed as a cover up for "The Real Thing". While for nerds sceptics like us, even micro organisms would be extremely exiting !

• Like 1

Any CT that hangs on a cover-up of historians -- Annunaki, Jesus' children, Nazis with Nukes, Bosnian pyramids. Anyone making that sort of claim has clearly not spent much time with actual, working historians. They never agree on anything, let alone be cajoled into forwarding a secret agenda together.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

To the UFO crowd, anything short of super advanced aliens would probably be a letdown or just dismissed as a cover up for "The Real Thing". While for nerds sceptics like us, even micro organisms would be extremely exiting !

I'll admit right here that I believe the Mars 2020 Rover will find just that evidence of life off earth on Mars in 2021.  I truly believe that as everything Curiosity has found is so indicative of a very "fertile" solar system. Maybe I'm just getting old and impatient but microorganisms off earth, coupled with our new knowledge of just how many "habitable" planets there are would be a monumental game changer in how we view the universe.  Hope I am still around to see it.  No evidence, just me ruminating.

Edited by Merc14

7 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

You know (off topic for a sec ) - when I first joined UM....I tended to believe that it was possible that an advanced civilisation of beings from else where knew we on Earth existed. My grand-dad was an avid believer in Roswell and other such stories. He had many books on these subjects - and often talked about it. I think as we are growing up we tend to take things on board - and it's easy to become susceptible and influenced by our parents / grandparents and other such important roll models in our lives - because they are the people we naturally trust and look up to.

It is not until I started to truly question many things on the subject (and other subjects such as religion) that I began to see the proverbial light that much we had been fed and had come to believe...was basically nonsense.

I would also like to thank those on these boards - for opening my mind to help me see logic and maintain a clearer perspective.

As without hard solid evidence - we really have nothing to confirm or back up such claims, beliefs, stories and tall tales.

However - because mankind is only now just starting to touch the surface in space exploration and beyond (which is so exciting). We still have a long way to go and more journeys and exciting frontiers ahead - as to know and understand what may 'lay out there' beyond our galaxy and beyond others that are many, many, many light years away.

Maybe - there is the possibility that another Earth like planet similar to ours in another Goldilocks zone exists and that it may harbour intelligent life form of some kind.

But until we find such a planet / and or planets - or they find us. Then for the time being - we can only keep wondering.

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 3