Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot.Biological or Paraphysical?

staxx66

Just now, Carnoferox said:

Church headquarters are at Bluff Creek, California, the Holy Birthplace of our Lord and Savior Bigfoot.

Road trip. Who's coming along? lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Road trip. Who's coming along? lol

You get the snacks. I'll get the drinks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Your analysis of foot print 'evidence' is way off. http://www2.isu.edu/~meldd/fxnlmorph.html

Would that be this Meldrum? Yeah, can't put one over on him. The question isn't whether he has anything indicating bigfoot, more like, what doesn't he think indicates bigfoot? 

nx53d5da6f.jpg

ys53d5da84.jpg

Wroblewski-Comparison.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Horta said:

Would that be this Meldrum? Yeah, can't put one over on him. The question isn't whether he has anything indicating bigfoot, more like, what doesn't he think indicates bigfoot? 

nx53d5da6f.jpg

ys53d5da84.jpg

Wroblewski-Comparison.jpg

Holy crap, was that F up Meldrum? 

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 10:56 PM, staxx66 said:

Both myself and my close friend have been interested in cryptozoology since we were in elementary school.

I am 49 currently 49 years old and he is 48.Although we are both believers,we have a difference of opinion on the

exact nature of Bigfoot.My personal opinion is that Bigfoot is an extra dimensional being.While I am open minded

to the possibility of unknown hominids surviving in the Pacific Northwest of the USA and Canada,I simply cannot 

see a creature of this size remaining unknown in the eastern US.Pennsylvania has a large number of sightings.

My friend still feels it is a purely biological creature.We do have heavily forested area here but not to the degree

that a creature such as this could remain unknown.

I've never had much of an interest in Bigfoot, but when I have thought about him I've always thought of him as a creature related to humans/apes, so to read the suggestion that he could be extra dimensional is fascinating to me. Thanks for making this thread :D

On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 0:16 PM, Farmer77 said:

Nah I dont need to live in a world where everything fits nicely within human defined parameters. Like I said earlier in the thread, I have zero need to try and prove or convince anyone of anything.

I simply like discussing cryptozoology , mythology and folklore. Other experiences in my life have led me to know that sometimes things which occur dont fit within science's current paradigm so i can discuss these things with a relatively open mind. Not gullible, not from a faith based position but just with an open mind. 

Which is why I find it so rude and obnoxious when a post such as the OP's is met with the "hes imaginary" response. Perhaps the creature is imaginary but so apparently is many of our board members' ability to read and comprehend. The OP didnt ask if anyone thought BF actually existed. 

Excellent post! :tsu:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

I've never had much of an interest in Bigfoot, but when I have thought about him I've always thought of him as a creature related to humans/apes, so to read the suggestion that he could be extra dimensional is fascinating to me. Thanks for making this thread :D

Ok - you have tweaked my interest ouiija....why would you find it fascinating that big ol' hairy BF could be an extra dimensional being ?

What would be it's purpose - other than dodging humans ? :ph34r: 

:P

A better question might be ; " What is an extra dimensional being? And how can you think that's even possible?"

18 hours ago, Merc14 said:

He pointedly does NOT post his research papers on academic boards for peer review nor publish his books through academic publishers, they are specified for general audiences so one wonders just how sure Dr. Meldrum is of his research.    http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Peers-scoff-at-professor-s-quest-for-Bigfoot-2465327.php

I'm not saying his research is correct.  Heck, I'm not even saying it is valid.  I did find it fairly self-consistent and in keeping with what I know about the subject (bearing in mind that I have taken precisely one semester of forensic analysis about 15 years ago).

36 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Ok - you have tweaked my interest ouiija....why would you find it fascinating that big ol' hairy BF could be an extra dimensional being ?

What would be it's purpose - other than dodging humans ? :ph34r: 

:P

:) Well that could explain why no deceased Bigfoots(Bigfeet?), have been found and also why only one is seen in each sighting area(why no Mrs.Bigfoot and no young?). The Bigfoot stories have come from something ....... to be drifting between states of being could be the answer.

What is his purpose? Does he need one? Can anyone honestly say they have a purpose? :lol:

22 minutes ago, Gaden said:

A better question might be ; " What is an extra dimensional being? And how can you think that's even possible?"

I knew what he meant ...... maybe something like a ghost?

6 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

:) Well that could explain why no deceased Bigfoots(Bigfeet?), have been found and also why only one is seen in each sighting area(why no Mrs.Bigfoot and no young?). The Bigfoot stories have come from something ....... to be drifting between states of being could be the answer.

What is his purpose? Does he need one? Can anyone honestly say they have a purpose? :lol:

Thanks ouija - that's cool. It pretty much says everything I thought you'd say :w00t:

13 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

In that case maybe D.B. Cooper was extra-dimensional since the FBI could never find him either.  

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Gaden said:

Bigfoot is immune to being filmed clearly on video or having his pics taken.  He's obviously surrounded by some sort of extra-dimensional field that bends light.  One get's the exact same results and problems when trying to record alien space craft.

He leaves absolutely no signs behind, aside from alleged footprints, each set wildly different from the other.  There are also no eyewitness reports describing him in the same way.  So he's obviously having trouble keeping a stable form when he manifests in our dimension, and the forms that he takes have very little physical substance.

Eyewitness reports never report the same thing.  So, again, obviously, bigfoot is exuding some sort of extra-dimensional radiation that confuses the memory and thought processes of those that are near him.  And the majority of these reports come from dim-witted, backwoods drunkards...were they that way before bigfoot's radiation altered them?

That's good enough for me.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

In that case maybe D.B. Cooper was extra-dimensional since the FBI could never find him either.  

LOL

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Maybe it's a lot more common than we think! :lol:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

Bigfoot is immune to being filmed clearly on video or having his pics taken.  He's obviously surrounded by some sort of extra-dimensional field that bends light.  One get's the exact same results and problems when trying to record alien space craft.

He leaves absolutely no signs behind, aside from alleged footprints, each set wildly different from the other.  There are also no eyewitness reports describing him in the same way.  So he's obviously having trouble keeping a stable form when he manifests in our dimension, and the forms that he takes have very little physical substance.

Eyewitness reports never report the same thing.  So, again, obviously, bigfoot is exuding some sort of extra-dimensional radiation that confuses the memory and thought processes of those that are near him.  And the majority of these reports come from dim-witted, backwoods drunkards...were they that way before bigfoot's radiation altered them?

That's good enough for me.

Wow - that's really interesting ...aww! so you do believe in BF ?... gosh!  who'd a thought ? :D 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Holy crap, was that F up Meldrum? 

If you really want some fun, try listening to a bigfooter armed with "Sasquatch - Folklore Legend Meets Pseudo Science", confidently arguing away the Wallace stompers. Apparently Wallace got hold of casts of really real bigfoot tracks (what other type are there?), and then carved his stompers to match. Makes sense in the world of bigfoot.

Then realize that this in depth scientific appraisal doesn't involve inspecting the Wallace stompers or anything. It seems to involve finding differences between pics of them on the internet and old newspaper clippings and some plaster casts.

Meldrum may be knowledgeable about anatomy. But he doesn't seem to have the slightest idea regarding the tracks such anatomy leaves. 

I suspect that sasquatches only exist in a nonphysical sense, as a human-created concept in mythology and folklore. For whatever reason, when native cultures around the world look into the deep forest, they find sasquatches (or similar things) looking back. Obviously the Earth is not populated by multiple species of gigantic undiscovered hominids, but why do our mythologies all seem to see the same thing, I wonder? What psychological quirk creates that form in our minds?

• Like 1

In 1925 in the Pamir mountains, lying in a remote region where the borders of Tadzhikistan, China, Kashmir, and Afghanistan meet, have been the scene of many Almas sightings.

In 1925, Mikhail Stephanovitch Topilski, a major general in the Soviet army, led his unit in an assault on an anti-Soviet guerilla force hiding in a cave in the Pamirs. One of the surviving guerillas said that while in the cave he and his comrades were attacked by several apelike creatures. Topilski ordered the rubble of the cave searched, and the body of one such creature was found. Topilski reported (Shackley 1983, pp. 118-119): "At first glance I thought the body was that of an ape. It was covered with hair all over. But I knew there were no apes in the Pamirs. Also, the body itself looked very much like that of a man. We tried pulling the hair, to see if it was just a hide used for disguise, but found that it was the creature's own natural hair. We turned the body over several times on its back and its front, and measured it."

"The body," continued Topilski, "belonged to a male creature 165-170 cm [about 5 1/2 feet] tall, elderly or even old, judging by the grayish color of the hair in several places. The chest was covered with brownish hair and the belly with grayish hair. The hair was longer but sparser on the chest and close-cropped and thick on the belly. In general the hair was very thick, without any under fur. There was least hair on the buttocks, from which fact our doctor deduced that the creature sat like a human being. There was most hair on the hips. The knees were completely bare of hair and had callous growths on them. The whole foot including the sole was quite hairless and was covered by hard brown skin. The hair got thinner near the hand, and the palms had none at all but only callous skin."

Topilski added: "The color of the face was dark, and the creature had neither beard nor moustache. The temples were bald and the back of the head was covered by thick, matted hair. The dead creature lay with its eyes open and its teeth bared. The eyes were dark and the teeth were large and even and shaped like human teeth. The forehead was slanting and the eyebrows were very powerful. The protruding jawbones made the face resemble the Mongol type of face. The nose was flat, with a deeply sunk bridge. The ears were hairless and looked a little more pointed than a human being's with a longer lobe. The lower jaw was very massive. The creature had a very powerful chest and well developed muscles ... The arms were of normal length, the hands were slightly wider and the feet much wider and shorter than man's. Just an interesting story.

23 hours ago, Astra. said:

Wow - that's really interesting ...aww! so you do believe in BF ?... gosh!  who'd a thought ? :D 

:) 

On 7/27/2016 at 9:58 AM, Gaden said:

You should give Edwin A Abbott's satirical novel "Flatland" a read. It's fiction, but it's use of dimensions to tell it's tale should shed some light on the concept for you. Plus it's a classic. 

http://www.geom.uiuc.edu/~banchoff/Flatland/

Also, here's this:

However, the creature is almost certainly not an inter-dimensional entity. Those who believe it is, and promote the creature as such, have basically gone off the reservation. It's perfectly capable of existing without it needing to be an interdimensional being. 

That's kind of the argument; it isn't capable of existing without having to be something that doesn't currently exist in the world as we know it. 

It literally does not act like any other animal (including humans) on the planet, nor is it affected by any of the factors that affect all animals (like humans) on the planet.

7 minutes ago, aquatus1 said:

That's kind of the argument; it isn't capable of existing without having to be something that doesn't currently exist in the world as we know it. 

It literally does not act like any other animal (including humans) on the planet, nor is it affected by any of the factors that affect all animals (like humans) on the planet.

How so? How isn't it capable? Explain, please. 

Saying it's a large mammal that has yet to be categorized, and that's impossible, does not suffice. 

Your second statement is easily inaccurate. While it very well may have behaviors unique to it, it also very obviously exhibits actions other animals are known for. 

It does share it's range with black bears, notable for walking frequently on their hind legs.

• Like 1