Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pokemon Go first death

Ozfactor

http://www.news.com.au/technology/home-entertainment/gaming/apps/pokemon-gos-first-death-as-warning-issued-about-landmines/news-story/e29caec2a2170721b657bae6a671b118

IT WAS only a matter of time before Pokemon Go was responsible for someone’s death.

Two teenagers from Guatemala were hunting for Pokemon when they were gunned down playing the wildly popular game.

Jerson Lopez de Leon, 18, was killed, while his cousin Daniel Moises Picen, 17, was badly wounded.

Local reports said the pair were walking along a railroad looking for Pokemon on a street in Chiquimula, 200km from Guatemala City.

It isn’t clear what sparked the violent attack, but police suggest the game’s location features may have lead them into a dangerous neighbourhood.

• Like 1

Just the beginning, I think.   Too many people not paying attention to their surroundings.  

• Like 2

i think that the people who shot him might be responsible for his death, rather than the game.

• Like 6

Is this a modern example of that mad dancing in the dark ages when people danced themselves to death, others watching would start joining in , dancing and they too couldn't stop and days of mad dancing continued and people died ? 

Is this communal disassociation ?

Life is harsh on planet Earth 

life is much nicer without that bothersome reality 

oculus-1200x799.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/20/2016 at 7:03 PM, Ozfactor said:

oculus-1200x799.jpg

He's got a really nice smile. :D

On 7/20/2016 at 9:54 PM, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

i think that the people who shot him might be responsible for his death, rather than the game.

This ^

• Like 2

Nonsense, here's the full story.

tumblr_oa6misZeLN1qewacoo1_500.jpg

They laughed and laughed. Then the gunfire started. 

Edited by Not Your Huckleberry
  • Like 2

These Pokemon Go people who set up the game need to be more responsible. The local hospitals have demanded they be taken out of the game. They've had people wandering all over in sterile areas, labs and many other places they had no business being. It's like these people have no common sense.

• Like 1

Yeah, the people that shot these kids are the cause of their deaths. But, I do worry when I see young people not watching where they're going...it will eventually lead to accidents. But, just about everything humans do for fun can eventually lead to accidents. Caution is a good thing.

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 7:36 PM, Michelle said:

These Pokemon Go people who set up the game need to be more responsible. The local hospitals have demanded they be taken out of the game. They've had people wandering all over in sterile areas, labs and many other places they had no business being. It's like these people have no common sense.

I think part of the reason hospitals were left in was so that children patients could play while they were there.

10 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I think part of the reason hospitals were left in was so that children patients could play while they were there.

It probably would have been fine if they had kept it out of the restricted areas. They didn't act responsibly. 

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

It probably would have been fine if they had kept it out of the restricted areas. They didn't act responsibly. 

The capture zone for the Pokemon is the size of a residential lot.  A patient should be able to get a Pokemon from their room. 

The people in the trees and walking off cliffs confuse me.  The app also spawns them along common pathways.  You don't have to do anything weird like travel in a submarine to get them.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2016 at 4:52 PM, Not Your Huckleberry said:

Nonsense, here's the full story.

tumblr_oa6misZeLN1qewacoo1_500.jpg

They laughed and laughed. Then the gunfire started. 

That is strange, because here I can catch pokemon that are about 200 feet away. The kids didn't really have a need to go in the back yard. In crowded neighborhoods, you can catch pokemon a (residential) street and a half away. They should have been able to catch the Pikachu from the street.

On 7/24/2016 at 5:36 PM, Michelle said:

I've heard there have been a lot of people trying to get onto various Intel Campuses here in Oregon. Each campus covers many acres, and there are spawn points inside the campus. I don't think just because a digital pokemon is out there, that the game provides unfettered access. That is crazy. People who don't have access simply have to go somewhere else.

• Like 2

Anyone used the pokevision.com to find pokemon you don't have yet? It shows what pokemon are where near you. From experience, it doesn't show all the pokemon nearby, but maybe 33% to 50% of the ones that show up in the "tracker" at the bottom of the game screen. It does show current hot spots, so it is good to find pokemon fishing holes.