Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Most people are robots

pbarosso

4 hours ago, pbarosso said:

i would have to agree that most atheists i have run over i mean run into have been huge liberals, angry with their lives, and religion. i think they are angry because they figured out they ARE just robots.

Robots don't get angry.   

• Like 3

On 7/21/2016 at 8:32 AM, DieChecker said:

I think HOW the robots are influenced is very interesting. Many of the Millennials are swayed by "fame". My wife told me a story from her sister, who is a nurse, who had a friend who was a Bernie Sanders Fanatic. She put Bernie on her car, had him as a screen saver, bought logo mugs, and whatnot... Yet, when my sister-in-law was talking to her, she found she was a Evangelical Christian, who did not approve of abortion, who did not approve of raising the minimum wage, who thought we should spend more on the military, and who though the government should be tougher on crime. So, she basically was a Christian Conservative who was following Bernie out of a cult of personality. She didn't know thing 1 about what Bernie's real stands on the economy, abortion, foreign policy, education and the military were.

I've also met many young people who are "psyched" about voting in the first woman President. Again, they don't even care about her platform, who what scandals she's had. Actually.... Having a lot of scandals just makes her more famous, like the scandalous people on TV...  :blink:

I think this will mean the end of our country unless something happens to get the attention of everyone about just how tenuous it all is today.

I agree.

But I also think people think more then they get credit for. I feel like everyone thinks everyone but themselves is a robot. 

4 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Robots don't get angry.   

~

Siri do get riled up once and a while ~

~

• Like 1

On 7/20/2016 at 8:03 PM, danielost said:

no religion for structure.

Structure is at the heart of the problem.  Pbarosso, you have been a teacher and manager, I have been working in manufacturing for the last 45 years; sometimes as an engineer, sometimes as a manager.  I would suggest that the educational system, the industrial complex, religion, and the government have little to gain by encouraging critical thinking or self awareness in individuals.  Indeed, it is far easier to manage large groups if they respond to signals.  The bell rings, its time to march, or eat, or learn, or go back to the assembly line.  Robot populations are desirable for those that run them.

You have heard the old expression about the legendary difficulty of herding cats, well humans that thought for themselves, questioned what they were told, and wanted to reach their own conclusions would be just as difficult to herd.

Likely Guy, I wouldn't lay the blame on a past generation.  There is a survival value to herding; it concentrates energy and effort in a single direction. It is probably embedded deeply in our behavior.    Even if we could raise a generation of uncontaminated children, I think the behaviors would arise anew if the environment demanded it.  

Pbarosso is probably right to assume that there are a vast number of individuals with limited capacity or desire for critical thinking.  You could pull in some of the anthropological heavy weights from the other threads, but maybe agriculture was the stimulus for group-think.  If we all went back to being hunter gatherers, maybe we would be more self reliant and independent in our thinking.  Well that is not really practical is it?

So how would you structure society to promote more small independent groups?  How would you encourage or reward non-robot behavior?  From my own experience, smaller businesses offer more freedom, job fluidity, and rewards for independent thinking, innovation, and change.  Maybe we stop fostering mega-corporations, governments, and churches.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Robots don't get angry.   

that is the problem with robots no emotions.

DieChecker: 

I think HOW the robots are influenced is very interesting. Many of the Millennials are swayed by "fame". My wife told me a story from her sister, who is a nurse, who had a friend who was a Bernie Sanders Fanatic. She put Bernie on her car, had him as a screen saver, bought logo mugs, and whatnot... Yet, when my sister-in-law was talking to her, she found she was a Evangelical Christian, who did not approve of abortion, who did not approve of raising the minimum wage, who thought we should spend more on the military, and who though the government should be tougher on crime. So, she basically was a Christian Conservative who was following Bernie out of a cult of personality. She didn't know thing 1 about what Bernie's real stands on the economy, abortion, foreign policy, education and the military were.

I've also met many young people who are "psyched" about voting in the first woman President. Again, they don't even care about her platform, who what scandals she's had. Actually.... Having a lot of scandals just makes her more famous, like the scandalous people on TV...  :blink:

IN which I would agree how this does go on and that is wrong in thinking. In my feeling. :D Granted, we need to get into the rest of the world of already having firsts already and for sometime now. Glad we have had our black president, and feel Obama happened to be a good candidate for it. ( remember, even though I may still feel on the positive aspects of his presidency, my point is of him as the first black president in which I think he was a great representative. ) Although, I think it has aged him faster, I see the grey now, where I don't think he would have had that as quickly if he wasn't president. But, that's my feeling on that. 

I am a feminist, and so is my mother. Yet, we both feel, that Hillary is not a good candidate. I may feel because of various 'skeletons' or how she has been presenting herself, I'm still in the air about. But, I feel she is wrong to hold the position of the first woman president. Hell, Fiorina, a republican, (I'm a Democrat) I think would have been much better. ( I maybe a Democrat, but I don't blindly vote all democrat, I'll vote what I feel is the best choice ) 

As for the OP and people. I do feel that myself. I wish I could say more than just as observing the political outlook, but this is in the politics forum. *shrugs* Frankly, I think whatever if religion is part of or not, there seems to be a push for traditional paths, and sometimes, not everyone should follow it, but follow what they feel they should fellow. Not to take over the parent's business, when they have talents elsewhere. Not to settle down, when they don't see themselves ready to do that. 

We need the differences and the individual outlooks to keep growing. 

Religion itself will help nothing. It is only through community, and selfless service to each other, that religion would help today. And many will argue that society could do that without religion, in which they would be correct. However religion is already here, so I would say we use it.

This reminds me of when we were stationed at military basses and in the housing. At a smaller but more organized base in New York, and a more disorganized and bigger base ( my feeling on that and anyways I have been told as to why from someone there ) but one thing is for sure, getting together for a common cause and welcoming differences and the sameness in a communal goal of what ever it is, it can be done. I have seen it. It has always settled inside of me the importance of teamwork. Religion, whether it's positive or negative or that we have it or don't have it, I think it can be part of the teamwork when common sense is behind it. I really love those bumper stickers that have all the symbols of religion, ( which I believe there was one for Atheists and a peace sign ) and the message of togetherness. 

If I add in the point of view of our political makeup here, I think we are extremely divisive in this country. As I have pointed out that I will vote for what I feel is best, instead of all democrative votes, because I feel, there are pluses and minuses of all parties. Years ago, while waiting on an older gentleman, who I could tell what a very strict conservative, would talk only about what he felt this country needed, not listening to me. I was trying to tell him that I feel all parties are needed, and we should listen to each other, and that each of us has qualities that doesn't always mean it's good for the common goal and that we all have qualities that do. He wouldn't hear me ( he knew I was liberal ) but I had to hear him. 

You see, that annoys me. One one side expects to be heard, but won't hear the other side. And I feel, when that happens I feel the second side that clams up and also divides themselves from it as well. 

As working in retail in various companies, towns, states, around the East Coast all my adult life, I see the robotism in society. I also see the uniqueness and positiveness in society too, in which we need to emphasis as positive. So, I feel that the OP is correct in a sense. I think we need to foster uniqueness and individual thinking. When one follows some 'robotic role' supposedly made out for them, stagnation occurs and I think the will dies. 

I believe in teamwork, but uniqueness working together in such. 

danielost: 

society can do it.  but it never has and never will.  most people go to work and come home.  only changing this when they need food.  go to church brings people together.  in this case it causes people to care about each other.  this is also why an atheist will never get the help they need if they need it.  except, from family.  I have brothers but no kids.  so I have no one to take care of me.  my brothers have their own families to take care of.

phaeton80: 

I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.

Maybe you should, given the lack of social cohesion you state to lack. Just be careful with your selection.

Ontopic; I think a religious framework of fundamental morals & ethics would act as a safeguard against certain levels of moral degradation of society, like we are experiencing now. I do think there's a correlation between the decline of Judeo Christian values and the rise of immoral behaviour within society. Besides the obvious factor of the financial situation / environment, either while growing up or during adult life, ofcourse.

One things for sure, we seem to have a growing problem producing healthy, intelligent, stable individuals..

I do not believe that going to a church and religious (or a particular religious framework) is the end all of producing a stable and moral framework in society. I have never been to church, like a week by week family attending type of church. Would be in one's for weddings and such, but my family stopped attending long before I was born. I never was baptized. Yet, unlike someone else here, I feel part of a framework, that assures togetherness and caring. I grew up one of five, and we all were there for each other, despite our parents encouraging our each individuality. My family, and the family I married into ( in which most of them also stopped attending church a long time ago ) strengthens the ideals of family first. There is no religious background that instills this onto my husband's or my family. We get that by ourselves. 

When one, who suggests that it is better that someone else should go to church, but advises about how they selection, should be very telling. If church and attending is being touted as always being the thing to instill caring, togetherness, and such, yet not all churches do that, then it's not the end all that everyone is saying it is, is it? 

And as I have mentioned in other parts of this board, I have waited on individuals who buy all sorts of religious books, and end up being anything but what the books advise, while those who I find out are not religious and pretty much look like they hold the opposite of what church going people look like, end up being the most gracious and positive and sweet people to be in the presence of. So, I am not all into the ideal that religious and church is all that one hundred percent that it does the thing of instilling morals into everyone. I have always felt that I should be fair and open minded and be there for others, and I didn't need a church to do that. 

Bama:

I blame the Federal Department of Education. Ever since they were created in 1980 our education system has gotten worse. 

I have no disagreement there!

supervike: 

I asked siri if I was a robot, and she told me no.

So, I think I disproved your entire thesis.

But, but, I asked Siri something similar just recently, and he..........................he..........................

said that was fascinating and then told me to get a life!!!! :o      :w00t:        

;) 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, third_eye said:

~

Siri do get riled up once and a while ~

~

I'm going to see if I can p*** off Siri. This ^^^^^^^ made my morning. :lol: 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I'm going to see if I can p*** off Siri. This ^^^^^^^ made my morning. :lol: 

Clue : "I don't do knock knock jokes"

:yes: