Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

god doesn't want your belief

danielost

god doesn't want your belief, he wants your love.  all life wants love.  even plants live better with love.  isn't that all you want.  that's all I want.

• Like 4

yes he wants you to love your fellow humans.  thus the golden rule   LOVE THE NIEHGBOR AS THE SELF.  and the equal rule LOVE GOD WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT.  both are equally important.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, danielost said:

yes he wants you to love your fellow humans.  thus the golden rule   LOVE THE NIEHGBOR AS THE SELF.  and the equal rule LOVE GOD WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT.  both are equally important.

One of these is one sided, don't think I need to say which.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

One of these is one sided, don't think I need to say which.

don't you want your children to love you.

Edited by danielost
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Love and respect are two things that are earned, not given under force or fear, but by choice.

god doesn't force you, Lucifer wanted to force you to love god. but, you do have free will.

• Like 2

"Lord, please forgive three sins do to my human limitations

Thou art everywhere, yet I worship thee here.

Thou hast no form, yet I worship thee in these forms.

Thou hast no need of praise, yet I offer thee these prayers and salutation's.

Lord, please forgive three sins due to my human limitations." M.M. Kaye  The Far Pavilions

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 5

Well, he's going to get neither my belief, nor my love.  He shouldn't have to ask for either, it should be given freely because he's earned it.  Just like everything thing else in the universe.

• Like 5

Who cares? Spilling your guts on the internet about it don't make no never mind. We'll all find out the truth when we die...or not. Either oblivion awaits us all or something more.

• Like 3

we humans think and sometimes combine worship and belief with love.

21 hours ago, danielost said:

god doesn't want your belief, he wants your love.  all life wants love.  even plants live better with love.  isn't that all you want.  that's all I want.

How can I love something that there's no reason to think exists?

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Blizno said:

How can I love something that there's no reason to think exists?

You can't, since you're doing the thinking. Of course, we speak for ourselves. It would be presumptuous to speak for someone else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

You can't, since you're doing the thinking. Of course, we speak for ourselves. It would be presumptuous to speak for someone else.

But when you speak of god you are the one doing the speaking not god. So how does that work? Are you speaking for god or for yourself? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, danielost said:

we humans think and sometimes combine worship and belief with love.

Then why not just act out of love and disregard the whole worship part? Less steps, then again wouldn't acting out of love be a sign of faith (depending on the religious paradigm). So your actions are prayers in motions. Then why pray when you can act. Putting faith to the test.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

But when you speak of god you are the one doing the speaking not god. So how does that work? Are you speaking for god or for yourself? 

You need to learn to Grok, Zeno. Thou art God.

8 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Then why not just act out of love and disregard the whole worship part? Less steps, then again wouldn't acting out of love be a sign of faith (depending on the religious paradigm). So your actions are prayers in motions. Then why pray when you can act. Putting faith to the test.

I do action more than I pray.

• Like 1

Then why thank God when it is your actions that produce results. All that means is God is a motivator not an active force. Anything can be a motivator.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

You need to learn to Grok, Zeno. Thou art God.

If I am god, then I'm dealing with lesser and greater God's. Unfortunately some of them are idiots. :lol:

I guess to evoke the spirits I'd just ask the bartender for another shot.:P

• Like 3

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

If I am god, then I'm dealing with lesser and greater God's. Unfortunately some of them are idiots. :lol:

I guess to evoke the spirits I'd just ask the bartender for another shot.:P

God loves idiots--he made so many of them.

• Like 2

I LOVE God. The Creator of all that is, and far beyond my simple understandings.

Looking forward to meeting God upon my death. With all my incredible faults and bizarre ways, I have a serious love for God. I hope it is accepted when the time comes.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 6

I love God.... I have plenty to go around.

• Like 1

I don't love god..

I love my goddess.. and show respect to the All Father.. but I don't love him..

• Like 2