Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Heaven, or alternative reality

Psychically Baffled

I've been struggling a bit with defining my own personal beliefs lately.  I was raised to believe in God and heaven, but as my personal experiences with being an empath (and perhaps claravoyant and/or phychic) escalate, I'm really trying to clarify what I really believe in.  Are they really mutually exclusive?  Can there still be God, heaven, AND reincarnation? 

I have theoretical question that has been troubling me today ... For our loved ones who preceded us in death, why wouldn't it possible for them to return here to leave messages for the remaining? Can they be both here and heaven at the same time (especially in times of crisis)?  

Also, what are our perceptions their lives in the afterworld?  Are they just hanging out in Heaven in suspended animation, waiting for us to join them?  Exactly the same as they left us?  

Or are they there creating new lives for themselves (in essence an alternative reality)... jobs, falling in love, creating homes and families ... ?  And if that is the case, what is our role when we join them? 

Or do they live in some giant house where every worthy person who ever lived resides (since presumably there truly is only one family, Adam and Eve's) ...

I truly mean no disrespect to anyone's beliefs.  I'm simply trying to define what I believe in, and welcome everyone's (respectful) input.

Thank you!!

12 hours ago, Psychically Baffled said:

I've been struggling a bit with defining my own personal beliefs lately.  I was raised to believe in God and heaven, but as my personal experiences with being an empath (and perhaps claravoyant and/or phychic) escalate, I'm really trying to clarify what I really believe in.  Are they really mutually exclusive?  Can there still be God, heaven, AND reincarnation? 

I have theoretical question that has been troubling me today ... For our loved ones who preceded us in death, why wouldn't it possible for them to return here to leave messages for the remaining? Can they be both here and heaven at the same time (especially in times of crisis)?  

Also, what are our perceptions their lives in the afterworld?  Are they just hanging out in Heaven in suspended animation, waiting for us to join them?  Exactly the same as they left us?  

Or are they there creating new lives for themselves (in essence an alternative reality)... jobs, falling in love, creating homes and families ... ?  And if that is the case, what is our role when we join them? 

Or do they live in some giant house where every worthy person who ever lived resides (since presumably there truly is only one family, Adam and Eve's) ...

I truly mean no disrespect to anyone's beliefs.  I'm simply trying to define what I believe in, and welcome everyone's (respectful) input.

Thank you!!

first they aren't in heaven.  they are in paradise otherwise known as the garden of eden.  eden is on earth.  they can communicate and do with gods permission. 

no they aren't making new families or jobs, except those who go to hell.  all are waiting for all of us to join them.  in the mean time they are looking over us protecting us.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Psychically Baffled said:

Thank you!!

If that belief makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside then why not. There is no such thing as spiritual truth, just hope and expectations. Just create your own cosmology of how it's supposedly works and go with that. 

• Like 1

now you have a choice, you can go with hope or nothing.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, danielost said:

now you have a choice, you can go with hope or nothing.

Or nothing and nothing. Either live on a prayer or look reality right in the face. 

god gives hope and you give nothing.  of course I give nothing either. I just pass on the hope god give.  but, then I know(that is not believe but know) there was something before life that wasn't life.  with that knowledge I belief with certainty that there is something after life.

• Like 1

I believe you already know what you feel is the truth. Your just looking for like minded persons that

support your thoughts.

Edited by jamesjr191
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, danielost said:

god gives hope and you give nothing.  of course I give nothing either. I just pass on the hope god give.  but, then I know(that is not believe but know) there was something before life that wasn't life.  with that knowledge I belief with certainty that there is something after life.

What is that even suppose to mean. If you're looking at it from a psychological paradigm, god is right in your head and all that comes from 'god' comes from yourself. 

Thank you, everyone for your insight!  To clarify further on my confusion, at this point, im not sure Heaven exists at this point.  I believe God exists, but am not exactly sure what his role is.  I firmly believe in a soul, and its existence before, during, and after physical life.  I also believe in the ability for humans to sense and communicate with those souls, regardless of its status.  

I was recently exposed to the concept of ongoing relationships between souls throughout time.  The same souls cross paths throughout their multiple lives.  This feels correct to me.  

I've met someone who recalls battling in Roman times with his son in from his current life.  I also feel my son was my best buddy in WWII, and that I watched him die in the back of a military ambulance (REALLY weird, I know).   

I also know that I have met complete strangers that I have NOTHING in common with ... Even living on totally different continents, but we finished each other's sentences like we spent our entire lives together within minutes of meeting.  

I also know there are things I know, that there is no way I could know ie:. Where a local missing girl was murdered, how, and where/when she'd be found; where my father-in-law hid his prized possessions; hearing a song on the radio, being OVERWHELMED with grief and being compelled to send the song to an acquaintance only to discover she played at her husband's funeral and was having a really tough day (I've only met her twice and did not attend the funeral); who's pulling in our driveway in 2 minutes (unannounced); getting an offer on a property we're selling 15 minutes before the email comes through; my mothers cancer; a death of a friend I hadn't seen in 20 years; answering the phone before it rings to call the person who is calling me; the appearance of another acquaintance in my dream to discover his death in the morning; some random Portuguese speaking person REPEATEDLY visiting me, talking to me (in Portuguese, which I don't speak by the way) about protecting the children and something about a security point...(no idea).

With all of these things (plus others), I have NO doubt we continue to exist before and after mortal lives.  What I struggle with is reconciling God, Heaven, etc with my own personal experiences ... It feels conflicting.  

I struggle with feeling grief ... Even my mother's returning cancer, and her eventual transition doesn't impact me the way it would most.  In some ways, I know she will continue to be here and our souls will continue crossing paths.  In some ways I envision great-grandma and great-grandpa's souls holding hands parachuting out of heaven's airplane once they decide they're ready for their next great adventure in their new lives ... I know wacky visual, but it makes the point.  

At the same time, what role does that leave for God? How are animal, human, and even extra-terrestrials souls related? Are they inter-changeable?  (I ask because an extremely educated, stable, spiritual woman I trust told me she felt my soul was extra-terrestrial based on my experiences and drawings of my inner self during meditation) ... Not even sure what that means.  Regardless, when I tried to research the vision I found the unexplained-mysteries site.  So I'm thinking its a sign that I can find the clarity I'm looking for.  Sorry for the super long post, but there's lots of thoughts rolling around in my head...:)

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 4:43 PM, XenoFish said:

What is that even suppose to mean. If you're looking at it from a psychological paradigm, god is right in your head and all that comes from 'god' comes from yourself. 

no the holy ghost is in my head.

14 hours ago, danielost said:

no the holy ghost is in my head.

There's room in there for multiple mythologies.

Hi.  I've been away for a while and for some reason felt like I should visit the site again today.  If it may help you, here is what i believe.  At heart I am a Christian, but I don't think that Christianity has all the answers.  For its core beliefs, they are spot on - the resurrection of Jesus and salvation, etc.  Where I differ in regards to Christianity (and where it crosses over into your line of questioning), is that I believe in reincarnation.  I don't think it is something that your soul has to do (as in the Buddhists and Hindus), but rather it is a choice you make while in Heaven.  I believe that our souls are on a grand learning exercise - I like to use the similarity to school.  In school we start out in first grade (or pre-school or kindergarten depending on where you live), and then over the course of years, we slowly advance until we graduate.  I think our souls do something similar only I don't think we learn about the things we learn about in school (math, chemistry, english, etc.); but rather we learn more important things like love, compassion, empathy, understanding, etc.  I have an emergency meeting at work.  I'll get back to this tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, kystranger said:

Hi.  I've been away for a while and for some reason felt like I should visit the site again today.  If it may help you, here is what i believe.  At heart I am a Christian, but I don't think that Christianity has all the answers.  For its core beliefs, they are spot on - the resurrection of Jesus and salvation, etc.  Where I differ in regards to Christianity (and where it crosses over into your line of questioning), is that I believe in reincarnation.  I don't think it is something that your soul has to do (as in the Buddhists and Hindus), but rather it is a choice you make while in Heaven.  I believe that our souls are on a grand learning exercise - I like to use the similarity to school.  In school we start out in first grade (or pre-school or kindergarten depending on where you live), and then over the course of years, we slowly advance until we graduate.  I think our souls do something similar only I don't think we learn about the things we learn about in school (math, chemistry, english, etc.); but rather we learn more important things like love, compassion, empathy, understanding, etc.  I have an emergency meeting at work.  I'll get back to this tomorrow.

Fascinating!!  Thank you for your response!!  This thought process is consistent with what I intuitively "feel" is right, and my personal experiences.  I am not a religious person, but am very spiritual.  

Questions I have regarding this logic are: What happens to the aberrated souls ... The ones who fail to learn the lessons or are beyond salvation... Is there a hell? Purgatory? Do they continue to return over and over improving, or do they continue getting more aberrations (almost a like reverse lesson).  Ie:. Were there cave man serial killers? ... Is it still serial killing if it's a function of survival...(another strange thought, I know?)   Or is this a sign of de-evolution of a soul?  

Where do new souls come from?  Are they new and improved souls (sort of how laptops are improving each release).

Really random thoughts, but these are the things that keep me questioning what I believe.  

I look forward to hearing the rest of your response.  Thanks again!!  

Sorry about leaving yesterday.  My idiot bossed called a last minute meeting and said that I needed to be involved but it had absolutely nothing to do with my job responsibilities.  Anyway, I'll pick up where I left off yesterday.  

I believe that there are certain obstacles in every single person's life - sort of tests of character so to speak.  I don't think its important whether or not we pass these tests as long as we learn from them (in other words its ok to fail as long as we learn from our mistakes).  

Here comes the big part that most Christians will probably disagree with.  I believe that the vast majority of people go to heaven.  I think that when Jesus died on the cross for our sins, he did it for everyone and not just the ones that believed in him.  In other words I take a more philosophical meaning to his words in John 14:6 - I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me.  Many Christians read that passage and think only Christians are the ones that are going to heaven because they accept His sacrifice.  I see His role as much larger.  I think that once a person dies they are confronted with the literal inescapable truth that Jesus not only existed, but that God exists.  They see their life in review (as all people do) and see where they made their mistakes.  And are given a final option of accepting Jesus.  Consequently I don't believe that anyone is beyond salvation.  I may be wrong in this belief, but I just feel this to be closer to the truth.  

As far as hell, I do believe in it.  I think that hell is a separation from God.  Imagine for a minute that you are in the presence of eternal love and well being - the creator of literally everything.  You turn your back on that so God casts you out.  You can no longer feel His love, warmth, compassion or being.  THAT is hell to me - to be separated from that and not be able to see it or feel it (or even worse being able to see it from a distance and not feel it).  I think that Satan found a place after being kicked out and turned it into a torturous place of fire and brimstone to reflect how it felt to be separated from God.  I don't think there is a purgatory.  I think that there hasn't been a purgatory since the Resurrection, ie Jesus went there and freed everyone and it's been empty ever since.  

These are my thoughts and philosophies.  I've been studying and reading about various religious beliefs for about 30 years or so.  I don't think there is any one "right" religion, but I think Christianity is the closest.  I'll be happy to answer any questions you or anyone else proposes, and look forward to other people's thoughts on my beliefs.  One thing though ... I don't in any way shape or form claim to have all the answers or even the correct answers.  These are just things I believe in.

• Like 1