Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reoccuring dream - owl, wolves, bear, ruins

Ralyza

I've been having this recurring dream for about three months.  I'm always in a big forest. I always walk up a hill. Sometimes there's a girl with me that I don't know.

There are ruins of an Ancient Roman-looking city at the top of the hill.  There are sometimes two giant wolves, always looking after me.  Sometimes there's a bear (always with the girl) always chasing me, and I climb up a tree to get away from it.

There has been an owl a few times, close to me on the ground.

Help, please. 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ralyza

• Logi

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a positive dream.

I believe that most of our dreams are meant to be feedback to the dreamer.  They let the dreamer know how he/she is progressing spiritually/psychology.  With this in mind, we should not be too surprised when we see religious and spiritual symbols in our dreams.  These symbols are usually products of (what Jung called) the collective unconscious.  Because they come from the collective unconscious, these symbols will typically have little to do with the conscious beliefs of Christians, Muslims, Jews etc.  Instead, they often have pagan, mythological or Hindu symbols.

When I look at a dream with animals, I’ll typically take two approaches: (1) I’ll look at the myths etc associated with the animal and (2) I’ll also look at those particular traits of the animal that are unique to or usually associated with the animal.

And now to the dream –

In this particular dream, I believe that the dreamer has encountered a mythological deity.

So who is this girl?  I believe that she is a goddess.

Although deities rarely identify themselves in our dreams, there are sometimes little hints.  The ethnic background of the dreamer can help us identify this goddess.  If the dreamer is European or of European descent, then the goddess is probably European as well.  A blonde haired goddess is probably Norse or Germanic.  If she is red-haired or reddish-blonde, she may be Brigid.  Her clothing and anything that she might have with her – such as a weapon – can also help to identify her.          

There are “ruins of an Ancient Roman-looking city at the top of the hill.”  This strongly hints that she is a Roman or Greek goddess.  The ruins at the top of the hill remind me of the Acropolis of Athens.  Although other Greek cities have their own Acropolis, the most famous one is at Athens.  There are several temples at the Acropolis including temples to Artemis and Athena.

But, given the animals -- the wolves, the bear and the owl - I believe that the most likely identification of the goddess is that she is Artemis.

Hope this helps,

Logi